I can't stand Haslett

I am starting to change my mind.

He is a bad coach, his Saints team wasn't disciplined, didn't win close games, and lacked toughness. I think he usually was in over his head, and he won't be outcoaching Saban or Belicheck in this lifetime.

That being said, there is something to be said for a guy wanting this job so badly. He really, really wants this job. And you know what? Maybe that's what is needed right now. I mean, the fuggin coach resigned for chrissakes, how often does that happen? The franchise needs someone as passionate about the Bills as Haslett. Maybe that's enough to ask for right now. Maybe I'm starting to change my mind.

Ugh.

He is a bad coach, his Saints team wasn't disciplined, didn't win close games, and lacked toughness.  I think he usually was in over his head, and he won't be outcoaching Saban or Belicheck in this lifetime.

That being said, there is something to be said for a guy wanting this job so badly.  He really, really wants this job.  And you know what?  Maybe that's what is needed right now.  I mean, the fuggin coach resigned for chrissakes, how often does that happen?  The franchise needs someone as passionate about the Bills as Haslett.  Maybe that's enough to ask for right now.  Maybe I'm starting to change my mind.

Ugh.

568082[/snapback]

As long as we get a coach that is passionate about this team, I would go for them. Right now that guy seems to be Haslett.

I can live with Haslett or Fassel. Anyone else will be a disappointment to me. Both those guys have already proven they can win in the NFL and can probably put together a decent staff. As for undisciplined,,,,Marv has promised that we will have a high character team. You can't say that about the malcontents on the Saints.

I don't know if that was becuase he was a bad coach or because he had crappy personnel. I tend to think it was the latter. The Saints did not draft properly for many years...

He is a bad coach, his Saints team wasn't disciplined, didn't win close games, and lacked toughness.  1

568082[/snapback]

there is a lot to be said about a guy who LOVES the bills and Buffalo, NY rather than a guy who has no ties. This is why marv will TRY to be the best GM he can be, and why hasslet (if hired, as predicted) will TRY to be the best coach he can be. There's a lot to disagree on, but i think we can all agree that the Saints weren't the best situation for any coach. I do not think we've seen the best of Hasslet's coaching abilities. Hell, Lombardi himself probably couldn't coach the saints to greatness.

Yet what Capers did with the Panthers was far better than what Haslett ever did in Nawlins.

Not really. The Jags if you recall, were a good team from the beginning as well, and sustained it a LOT longer than the Panthers did. It's the byproduct of getting a veteran's allocation draft, the 1st pick at the beginning AND end of every round, and having a clean salary cap slate. With Haslett in NO, he was setback by that stupid Ricky Williams trade for years. They recouped 2-1st rounders ultimately, but bad draft choices and player moves hurt them, not all of which were Haslett's doing.

Not really.  The Jags if you recall, were a good team from the beginning as well, and sustained it a LOT longer than the Panthers did.  It's the byproduct of getting a veteran's allocation draft, the 1st pick at the beginning AND end of every round, and having a clean salary cap slate.  With Haslett in NO, he was setback by that stupid Ricky Williams trade for years.  They recouped 2-1st rounders ultimately, but bad draft choices and player moves hurt them, not all of which were Haslett's doing.

568247[/snapback]

Haslett had 5 full off-seasons in New Orleans. I think that's plenty of time for a coach to be able to put his own stamp on a team without any baggage or excuses from the previous regime's dealings.

Keep in mind that Haslett only made the playoffs his first year, when the team had already been built by that previous regime.

That's what I said about Haslett before. I want a guy that really wants this job and will give 110% to the team. I also want a guy with prior head coaching experience. I don't want some guy who takes the job because all the other jobs he wanted have been filled up by other coaches. I think Haslett may be the best choice when you take that into consideration.

I agree with you that I could stomach Haslett more if had a good D-coordinator. Though the best plan might be Capers at HC and Haslett at DC.

568142[/snapback]

I don't think Jim will hire Dom as D coord. He doesn't want a big name looking over his shoulder. Capers would be a great hire, however.

That being said, there is something to be said for a guy wanting this job so badly.  He really, really wants this job.  And you know what?  Maybe that's what is needed right now. 

568082[/snapback]

A double, triple, or quadruple AMEN. Passion means somethings, especially combined with experience.

Haslett would be an instant upgrade.

I don't think Jim will hire Dom as D coord.  He doesn't want a big name looking over his shoulder.  Capers would be a great hire, however.

568660[/snapback]

No but his wife will force him too. Imagine that home-life if Jim gets her chased out of her home town. :lol::lol:

He is a bad coach, his Saints team wasn't disciplined, didn't win close games, and lacked toughness.  I think he usually was in over his head, and he won't be outcoaching Saban or Belicheck in this lifetime.

That being said, there is something to be said for a guy wanting this job so badly.  He really, really wants this job.  And you know what?  Maybe that's what is needed right now.  I mean, the fuggin coach resigned for chrissakes, how often does that happen?  The franchise needs someone as passionate about the Bills as Haslett.  Maybe that's enough to ask for right now.  Maybe I'm starting to change my mind.

Ugh.

568082[/snapback]

I want the head caoch job as well think Marv will give it to me?