Took Him a Week to Decide to Walk Away

grog

If it took MM a week to figure out to walk away from a NFL HC job, is there any wonder why the guy looked lost on the sidelines during a game.

A game where you have to make split second decisions in a high pressure environment, he was truly in over is head and I'm glad his gone.

I can not for the life of believe we had a coach that was a quitter, it sickens me as a man, and guess what, that quitter gene he has translated on to the field with blown 4 quarter leads and close loses, he wasn't tough enough to win and bring that attitude to the team, freaking skirt.

I'm glad he is gone, I am pissed we wasted two years with a spineless coach who walked away from a mess he helped create, what leadership.

Nice message to your kids Mike, when the going gets tough, just get going.

The absolute opposite of Marv "When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

If it took MM  a week to figure out to walk away from a NFL HC job, is there any wonder why the guy looked lost on the sidelines during a game. 

A game where you have to make split second decisions in a high pressure environment, he was truly in over is head and I'm glad his gone.

I can not for the life of believe we had a coach that was a quitter, it sickens me as a man,  and guess what, that quitter gene he has translated on to the field with blown 4 quarter leads and close loses, he wasn't tough enough to win and bring that attitude to the team, freaking skirt.

I'm glad he is gone, I am pissed we wasted two years with a spineless coach who walked away from a mess he helped create, what leadership.

Nice message to your  kids Mike,  when the going gets tough, just get going.

The absolute opposite of Marv "When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

566808[/snapback]

i'm not really sold on him walking away as more probability that he was forced to resign

i'm not really sold on him walking away as more probability that he was forced to resign

566809[/snapback]

If he was forced to resign, I'll have to recant the post, but everything I'v read makes it appear he decided to walk away from a difficult situation.

If he was forced to resign, I'll have to recant the post, but everything I'v read makes it appear he decided to walk away from a difficult situation.

566814[/snapback]

Belichik is a genius. He walked away from the Jets job after just one day....

Charles

Belichik is a genius.  He walked away from the Jets job after just one day....

Charles

566847[/snapback]

Belichik was indeed genius to have walked from Parcells ready made team and staff.

He has done pretty well proving he could and has hired the right staff and won his place

as a coach who won a few games here and there.

By the way I hate to play his teams the same way I hated to have to play Marino and Elway .

You just never got comfortable with a lead and time left to go.

Rob

When you consider that there are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL and considering his record after two years isn't going to put him high on the wanted list to get another head coaching job, you can also say it took a hell of a lot of guts for him to leave. His convictions were more important than money! I think the Leo Roth article in Fridays D&C is the closest thing to the truth as to why he left. And quite frankly, if that's why he left, which tends to sound logical, I can't blame him, and can understand how/why it took him a week. The more he thought about it, the more he realized this just wasn't right.

link to Roth article

If it took MM  a week to figure out to walk away from a NFL HC job, is there any wonder why the guy looked lost on the sidelines during a game. 

I can not for the life of believe we had a coach that was a quitter, it sickens me as a man,  and guess what, that quitter gene he has translated on to the field with blown 4 quarter leads and close loses, he wasn't tough enough to win and bring that attitude to the team, freaking skirt.

Nice message to your  kids Mike,  when the going gets tough, just get going.

566808[/snapback]