Talking about the Bills now

Mile High

Recap:

Bills are starting to bring back loyal Bills guys. (Levy, Haslett, ect.)

Haslett is the front runnner due to him being Wilsons favorite player.

Loyalty in sports is overrated. Loyalty in life is underrated. The Buffalo Bills don't understand it, and it's poor management.

Stated that Haslett is not an elite coach and that being loyal is totally wrong in sports.

You reward people for what they can do not what they once did for the franchise.

More to come.......

more:

San Francisco is a perfect example. Cut your ties when you can. Young was better than Montana, they started Young.

That's it. Kind of blah blah blah.

He did bring up a good point with the whole loyalty thing though.

The Bills are hardly the only team in sports who cater to loyalty though.  The majority do, I would say.

565715[/snapback]

From a Patriots fan perspective how do all the Bills' changes look? And doesn't your avatar make it seem like Tom Brady will eventually lead to the Patriots' downfall?

From a Patriots fan perspective how do all the Bills' changes look?

Well, as my name indicates, I always thought that Donahoe was more style than substance, and that you guys weren't going to have a whole lot of success until he was jettisoned and someone was brought in who would build the team from the lines out and not the other way around. I'm not sure about bringing in a guy who's never been a GM before, but Levy's a great football mind, and I think he'll do a good job for you.

As for the most recent move, I think Mularkey helped the Bills out by resigning. He should've been fired when Levy came on board. Firing his coordinators and keeping him on just didn't seem right, and created a kind of lame duck situation. I think the Bills will find someone who is at least Mularkey's equal, and possibly better. It'll be good for the new HC to start off on a new foot with new management though, an opportunity that Mularkey wouldn't have had.

I think the moves are positive overall, because the status quo in any management area was something from which the Bills rightfully wanted to turn away.

And doesn't your avatar make it seem like Tom Brady will eventually lead to the Patriots' downfall?

A fair point. I look at it more from the angle that Brady's the most powerful (best) Jedi (QB) in the galaxy (NFL), just like Mr. Skywalker. :w00t: And Anakin/Vader was just so badass in Episode III that I wanted to make an avatar based on that theme, even if it doesn't make perfect sense.

Are they saying how bad the bills will be without TD?

Or are they saying that under TD The Buffalo Bills ran up the most consecutive years of not making the playoffs in the teams existence?

565591[/snapback]

The non-playoff stretch may be true, but I'll bet you a dollar the won-lost record under Donohoe is by no means the worst won-lost percentage over an equal period in the Bills' history. Between (rare) playoff appearances before 1990, the Bills REALLY STANK. In the Donohoe era, the Bills had three seasons of .500 or better ball.

I'm not satisfied with this, of course, buy you guys who say he was the worst in Bills history need to have lived through that history.

I never said he was the worst or that his record of W's and L's was the worst. But as you made note of, there is no disputing the playoff record and I am just trying to counter spin the spin of glow that ESPN puts on TD. It is not justified based on his track record.

and p.s. I have and continue to live through Bills history and am very aware of how bad it was.

Interesting. So it's poor management for firing a guy who obviously couldn't get stuff done (TD)? These comments seem to be contradictory.

Recap:

Bills are starting to bring back loyal Bills guys. (Levy, Haslett, ect.)

Haslett is the front runnner due to him being Wilsons favorite player.

Loyalty in sports is overrated.  Loyalty in life is underrated.  The Buffalo Bills don't understand it, and it's poor management.

Stated that Haslett is not an elite coach and that being loyal is totally wrong in sports.

You reward people for what they can do not what they once did for the franchise. 

More to come.......

565599[/snapback]

I have to say that Ralph MUST be smart enough to realize ticket sales will go way down if he hires Haslett. That doesn't matter to me, but I would guess it matters to him.

565724[/snapback]

Ticket sales will not go way down if he hires Haslett. They'll be affected if we don't put a competitive product out on the field, ie no OL or DL.