From ESPN: Friends of Mularkey

bleedinblue

....said he was deeply affected by the firing of Donahoe and that this season exacted a physical and mental toll.

Add mental toughness and a thick skin to the list of HC attributes that MM does not have. If he can't handle fan and media criticism then he is right to get out of the business of being a head coach in the NFL, that just comes with the job.

Absorbing criticism from millions is easier said than done . . .

563727[/snapback]

If you desire to be a politician, CEO, a head coach or anything that subjects your performance to public scrutiny, you had better learn how to handle it because it is inevitable.

I know, I know . . . there is always criticism with every high profile job. I'm not saying that doesn't exist, because that would be foolish. I just . . . I don't know. For some reason I feel sorry for the man.

If you desire to be a politician, CEO, a head coach or anything that subjects your performance to public scrutiny, you had better learn how to handle it because it is inevitable.

563731[/snapback]

Amen. If you can't stand the heat, Mike......

563731[/snapback]

I agree - its not fair to take crap from everyone, but its what the job entails....there is 500 other coaches out there dying for that chance....buy the ticket and take the ride

It's not like he's been an active participant on the fan boards.

He works 15hr. days, mostly with his team.

How's he getting tons of crap from millions of people?

Maybe he doesn't even read the papers.

Fer crying out loud, there are about 5-6 other openings for HC right now.

And, there are about 8 staffs that have to be assembled around the league.

That's a lot of ring-around-the rosy that's going to take place in the next month or two.

Maybe somebody gave him an offer.

Maybe he's just a quitter like Herm Edwards.

Maybe he doesn't have a big list of candidates like old Greg Williams did.

At this point it's better for Marv to flush this toilet at OBD and get a fresh bowl to work with.

This one really stinks.

....said he was deeply affected by the firing of Donahoe and that this season exacted a physical and mental toll.

Add mental toughness and a thick skin to the list of HC attributes that MM does not have.  If he can't handle fan and media criticism then he is right to get out of the business of being a head coach in the NFL, that just comes with the job.

563725[/snapback]

jesus christ, the fool better not ever try coaching in NYC or Chicago. Buffalo media is nothing compared to those places.

what a whimp!

Add mental toughness and a thick skin to the list of HC attributes that MM does not have.  If he can't handle fan and media criticism then he is right to get out of the business of being a head coach in the NFL, that just comes with the job.

563725[/snapback]

Yeah, but I look at it another way. He was essentially coming back as a lame-duck coach with a previous hall-of-fame coach looking over his shoulder. Who is going to want to come to Buffalo as a free agent or a hot up and coming coaching talent? NOBODY!

I think this could have and should have been prevented in the first place by firing everyone and starting over.

563725[/snapback]

wimp