Sportsguy takes swipe at Drew

Pete

Funny I cannot read a Bills article that does not rip Bledsoe-

RAIDERS (-3.5) over Bills

Heard last summer: "Hi, I'd like to place an order for the Juvenation Machine please? Last name is Gannon. Sure, I'll hold ..."

(And by the way, that Bills collapse last week was like one of those "Unrecoverable Error" messages that Microsoft sends. How do you bounce back from that one? They squandered points in the Red Zone because Bledsoe pulled his typical Bledsoe stuff (including a horrendous sack on third down with a wide-open guy for the game-clinching TD. Then they forget to double-team Jimmy Smith on fourth-and-14 in the final two minutes. Then they allow the first-ever Hail Mary from inside the 6-yard line. Same old Bills. Are we sure Gregg Williams left? We saw him leave, right?)

Funny I cannot read a Bills article that does not rip Bledsoe-

RAIDERS (-3.5) over Bills

Heard last summer: "Hi, I'd like to place an order for the Juvenation Machine please? Last name is Gannon. Sure, I'll hold ..."

(And by the way, that Bills collapse last week was like one of those "Unrecoverable Error" messages that Microsoft sends. How do you bounce back from that one? They squandered points in the Red Zone because Bledsoe pulled his typical Bledsoe stuff (including a horrendous sack on third down with a wide-open guy for the game-clinching TD. Then they forget to double-team Jimmy Smith on fourth-and-14 in the final two minutes. Then they allow the first-ever Hail Mary from inside the 6-yard line. Same old Bills. Are we sure Gregg Williams left? We saw him leave, right?)

40218[/snapback]

I also hated the play where Bledsoe ripped the ball out of Moulds' hands in the red zone. What a loser. ;)

CW

No doubt about it Drew is not the only one fuggin up on offense. If anyone knows Drew its the Sportsguy. He is all about the Pats and Red Sox. Funny back in New England the line and Wrs were not very good. That was until Tom Brady took over and then they won 2 Superbowls in 3 years. Drew is a trojan horse

No doubt about it Drew is not the only one fuggin up on offense.  If anyone knows Drew its the Sportsguy.  He is all about the Pats and Red Sox.  Funny back in New England the line and Wrs were not very good.  That was until Tom Brady took over and then they won 2 Superbowls in 3 years.  Drew is a trojan horse

40241[/snapback]

Of course Drew isn't the whole problem, but you're right, the Pats fortunes changed 180 degrees when Brady took over. The Bills are stuck with Drew for this year, but no way can they start 2005 without Losman as the starting QB.

Mo Lewis should get his own wing in the Pats hall of fame.

I also hated the play where Bledsoe ripped the ball out of Moulds' hands in the red zone.  What a loser. :D

CW

40235[/snapback]

That's a great point...or it would be if that Moulds' fumble actually cost the Bills any points...which it didn't.

The greatest line was from the Jags game....the guy said the Bills found a way to lose by allowing the first ever Hail Mary pass from the 7 yard line to be completed. If you watch the replay, it really was a hail mary from the 7,,,,how embarrassing.

That's a great point...or it would be if that Moulds' fumble actually cost the Bills any points...which it didn't.

40427[/snapback]

It cost Buffalo at least 3 points. Yeah, the Jags threw an INT a few plays later; nothing to say that the same play wouldn't have been run by the Jags anyway. Not like the game situation would've been that much different had we scored a FG.

CW

No doubt about it Drew is not the only one fuggin up on offense.  If anyone knows Drew its the Sportsguy.  He is all about the Pats and Red Sox.  Funny back in New England the line and Wrs were not very good.  That was until Tom Brady took over and then they won 2 Superbowls in 3 years.  Drew is a trojan horse

40241[/snapback]

The sportsguy sounds like most every other know-nothing Pats fan I've encountered. Like I've posted numerous times, as goes the Pats' defense, so goes the team, and 2002 was the PERFECT example of that. However just to reiterate history here, prior to the 2001 season, the Pats added 19 FA's and 11 of them (i.e. half a starting team) became starters. So at best Bledsoe worked with the "same line and WR's (which isn't true even for that year since Matt Light didn't start at LT until the 3rd game of the season)" for 2 games, and in the first game, the vaunted Patriots' defense gave up 23 points to the mighty Bengals' offense, and Bledsoe had a QB rating in the high 80's. True he played like crap against the Jets the next weekend, but they were a division rival run by, you guessed it, Bill Parcells, and it's not like they lost 31-0. Then there was that pesky AFCCG against the Steelers where he led the team to the decisive points to propel the Pats to the SB, a game he could have won well before the last seconds of the game and without the golden foot of Adam Vinatieri.