Damn you ND

bills_fan

We could hire Pete Carroll.

Please....NO. I'd rather have Mularkey. Pete Carrol's defining moments came when the best player in the country this year, Reggie Bush, stood on the sidelines for both the 3rd down play and the 4th down play, that would have given USC a national title. Thats all I need to see from Carroll to NEVER want him near the Bills.

for giving Charlie Weis an extension!!  Damn you TD for not hiring Weis in the first place!!

563389[/snapback]

Well, I suppose representative of how mercenary things have become, my local newspaper repeatedly published the "payout" to the respective colleges for bowl appearances. Charlie et al pulled in 14 million+ for dear old ND - and unlike conferences, it's not shared. OSU had to divvy up their booty.

Any big-time college coach who would leave the campus to have to deal with the snots that populate the NFL needs psychiatric help, IMO.

Not to mention the never-ending pleasure of putting one's peepers on the constantly changing crop of 18 to 21 year-old coeds cavorting all over the place... :blink:

Please....NO.  I'd rather have Mularkey.  Pete Carrol's defining moments came when the best player in the country this year, Reggie Bush, stood on the sidelines for both the 3rd down play and the 4th down play, that would have given USC a national title.  Thats all I need to see from Carroll to NEVER want him near the Bills.

563414[/snapback]

Isn't that what MM did with Willis?

for giving Charlie Weis an extension!!  Damn you TD for not hiring Weis in the first place!!

563389[/snapback]

Try blaming Ralph, the real reason we ended up with Mularkey instead of Weis (implying that Weis would actually be interested in coaching another team in the AFC East).

Please....NO.  I'd rather have Mularkey.  Pete Carrol's defining moments came when the best player in the country this year, Reggie Bush, stood on the sidelines for both the 3rd down play and the 4th down play, that would have given USC a national title.  Thats all I need to see from Carroll to NEVER want him near the Bills.

563414[/snapback]

I was being facetious with the Carroll comment.

I'm pissed the Bills didn't get him, but he would have gotten a pro job eventually. And in the mean time, the Pats could very well have been on their way to their 3rd SB in a row (they aren't doing too bad as it is) and that would be too much to bear. I'm glad ND snatched him up when the Bills management showed that they were going to play with themselves instead.

But as far as college being the easier job, in this case, no way. The pressures the head coach of Notre Dame football faces are second to none in all of sports. Yankees manager maybe being a distant runner-up. Pressures a Buffalo Bills coach could never dream of....

I almost throw up in my mouth everytime I think about how close Tom Clements came to being ND's coach over Weis.