things that bother me....

genomich

1. 7 million in salaries tied up in our safeties. way too much for what is at best adequate play.

2. Fat and injury prone is no way to go thru life, mike williams.

3. Lebeau seems to have been the one DC we wanted to keep. We would not be in this situation now with him on board.

4. stop blaming injuries... our defense sucked well before edwards and takeo went out.

The one I disagree with is the 4th one. Our defense didn't suck against the Texans, and really they played well against the Buccaneers in the first half, before the heat and a Cadillac overwhelmed them.

When Takeo left, so did any hope of having a dominant defense. But we still should have been an average defense...

The one I disagree with is the 4th one.  Our defense didn't suck against the Texans, and really they played well against the Buccaneers in the first half, before the heat and a Cadillac overwhelmed them.

When Takeo left, so did any hope of having a dominant defense.  But we still should have been an average defense...

560110[/snapback]

A College JV defense could have played well against the Texans. That isn't much of an accolade, especially when you factor in it was the home opener AND the first game of the season (thus giving the staff the most time to scheme).

7 million tied up in milloy and vincent that are past their primes. What mid-30's now???? Where is the youth. Patriots have proved that if you have good defensive line and linebackers, you can play 12 different starters in the secondary and be successful. The bills have no pass rush and losing pat williams hurt the run defense. This defense finished 29th in the league, so how can you say Takeo Spikes would make up that much of a difference?

1. True

2. Wonder if he gets a lot of injuries while ordering at KFC

3. Part 1: True, Part 2: False

4. True

Things that bother me....

1. Newbies posting one topic and never returning to the board again

560184[/snapback]

1. True

2. Wonder if he gets a lot of injuries while ordering at KFC

3. Part 1: True, Part 2: False

4. True

Things that bother me....

1. Newbies posting one topic and never returning to the board again

560184[/snapback]

Bite me.

1.  7 million in salaries tied up in our safeties. way too much for what is at best adequate play.

2. Fat and injury prone is no way to go thru life, mike williams.

3. Lebeau seems to have been the one DC we wanted to keep.  We would not be in this situation now with him on board.

4. stop blaming injuries... our defense sucked well before edwards and takeo went out.

560105[/snapback]

Good post, gen. Those bother me too. MW is a disappointment for us..perhaps he might do better on another team...but his high price probably keeps him out of the league if another club has to pick up the monetary obligation if he is cut. Dunno...