Palmer, Van Oelhofen et al.

Well, as B'gals DT John Henderson observed, "he had time to roll off". The hit has been replayed ad infinitum here - a directed shot with a shoulder pad IMO. But whatever. Call it sour grapes.

I was surprised no penalty was assessed. The ball was launched. Also surprised that Polalamau wasn't ejected for his firing of the ball into C Brabam's face. Classy team, that PGH. But not as surprised at seeing the hosing the refs gave NYG - yeesh... :doh:

Usual goofy game plan by B'gals DC Tom Bresnehan, and also by OC Bob Bratkowski - ignored Rudi Johnson in the 3rd and 4th - he gave him 4 carries in the 2nd half, even though Bratkowski must have seen PGH's adaptation after mission accomplished re Palmer. Cincy dug their own grave. Bad marks for HC Lewis for standing by and not going after those coaches with a baseball bat at halftime. :lol::lol:

Latest I hear on the radio is that Palmer is really messed up. Too bad - the NFL loses a $$$ draw and fans lose the enjoyment of a notable, young player.

B'gals upcoming dealings with Kitna, and draft strategy will change.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as B'gals DT John Henderson observed, "he had time to roll off".  The hit has been replayed ad infinitum here - a directed shot with a shoulder pad IMO. But whatever. Call it sour grapes.

559991[/snapback]

You already have. See?

I was surprised no penalty was assessed. The ball was launched.  Also surprised that Polalamau wasn't ejected for his firing of the ball into C Brabam's face. Classy team, that PGH. But not as surprised at seeing the hosing the refs gave NYG - yeesh... :doh:

Usual goofy game plan by B'gals DC Tom Bresnehan, and also by OC Bob Bratkowski - ignored Rudi Johnson in the 3rd and 4th - he gave him 4 carries in the 2nd half, even though Bratkowski must have seen PGH's adaptation after mission accomplished re Palmer.  Cincy dug their own grave.  Bad marks for HC Lewis for standing by and not going after those coaches with a baseball bat at halftime. :lol:  :lol: 

Latest I hear on the radio is that Palmer is really messed up. Too bad - the NFL loses a $$$ draw and fans lose the enjoyment of a notable, young player. 

559991[/snapback]

I don't know. I'd like to think there was no intent to injure. When Van Oelhofen grabs his leg and pulls it tight to his body and then rolls over it, well you got to know that is going to injure his knee. Still, after the play, Van Oelhofen appears to be upset he injured him too. What is bad is Palmer does have a messed up knee now. Comparable to Willis?

Thank you.  Your kindness is noted.

560011[/snapback]

Ah stuck, you know you're cool w/ me. We just disagree on this. I have some idea of how hard it is to steer clear of someone when you're being blocked to the ground as Kimo was. I really don't think he intended for that to happen. It was a horrible accident, but an accident nonetheless.

The sad part of this is how Marvin Lewis went off and made the snide remark about Roethlisberger in the postgame press conference. All that does is encourage an already bloodthirsty Cincy fan base to go off the deep end and accuse the Steelers of everything short of being on the grassy knoll.

559991[/snapback]

palmer will be fine - it's just an easily reparable acl on an immobile qb who lives off of his arm. he'll be in fine shape by mid-preseason.

Ah stuck, you know you're cool w/ me.  We just disagree on this.  I have some idea of how hard it is to steer clear of someone when you're being blocked to the ground as Kimo was.  I really don't think he intended for that to happen.  It was a horrible accident, but an accident nonetheless. 

The sad part of this is how Marvin Lewis went off and made the snide remark about Roethlisberger in the postgame press conference.  All that does is encourage an already bloodthirsty Cincy fan base to go off the deep end and accuse the Steelers of everything short of being on the grassy knoll.

560017[/snapback]

Any opinion on Palomalu's action?

Any opinion on Palomalu's action?

560041[/snapback]

Same as I told Psycho Ward 86 when it happened: he should've been ejected. That's the problem w/ the officiating: no uniformity in applying the rules. If Sean Taylor is gone for spitting in the face of an opponent, Polamalu should've been thrown out for throwing the ball in the face of an opponent. I mean, if he throws it near the guy, then he should get a personal foul. This was a bit different; he threw it in his face. Bad no call.

Same as I told Psycho Ward 86 when it happened:  he should've been ejected.  That's the problem w/ the officiating:  no uniformity in applying the rules.  If Sean Taylor is gone for spitting in the face of an opponent, Polamalu should've been thrown out for throwing the ball in the face of an opponent.  I mean, if he throws it near the guy, then he should get a personal foul.  This was a bit different; he threw it in his face.  Bad no call.

560047[/snapback]

what was your wifes family thinking when they named her psycho ward? Good thing Hines Ward was drafted by the stillers

125 yd. total offense???? :doh:

560046[/snapback]

Take away Alstott's phantom 2 pointer in November and they win the division despite playing 1 less home game than the Giants.

Really - that one call screwed up the NFC playoff picture and the 2 visiting teams should've been hosting, so it's no suprise both road teams won.

The play happened too fast for to me have any inkling of purposeful intent. It's just that the way the defender came through the block and the position Palmer was in made for a bad collision.

The thing that upset me most about the game was the horrendous officiating with regards to the pass interference no-call on TJ Hushmenzadah and then the pass interference call made on the Bengals that was less obvious than the no-call. This caused a 14-point swing in the game in the Steelers favor. I think it's time to consider replay on these types of plays, because they too often make the difference in games. If the league wants to get it right on turnovers, shouldn't they also have the option to look at obvious missed calls on penalties? It's even more embarrasing when the zebras have a 1-minute huddle and come out of it making the wrong decision after the replay has already been seen at home several times. In the case of the fumbles that were ruled down by contact -- fortunately they balanced out. But the pass interference inconsistency hurt the Bengals.

Same as I told Psycho Ward 86 when it happened:  he should've been ejected.  That's the problem w/ the officiating:  no uniformity in applying the rules.  If Sean Taylor is gone for spitting in the face of an opponent, Polamalu should've been thrown out for throwing the ball in the face of an opponent.  I mean, if he throws it near the guy, then he should get a personal foul.  This was a bit different; he threw it in his face.  Bad no call.

560047[/snapback]

I'm not a Steelers fan, but I felt that the personal foul was sufficient. He gave the ball a toss at the guys head, but there was no way that a player with a helmet and facemask is even going to feel it. I really don't like about 50% of the personal calls that I see. A player making a late hit on a qb or a hard hit out of bounds should always get the 15 yards.

But I hate when a player gives a push or brushes a guy on the sideline and the team gets hit with the 15 yarder. If the "victim" is well enough to stand there and laugh at the guy getting the penalty, I would like to see a "no harm, no foul" correction. Sort of similar to the no pass interference call because the pass was over the guys head.

Tough hit, but nothing intentional/illegal IMO.

Polamalu is another story, shoulda been tossed. The Steelers really came after Cincy hard, and Polamalu stepped over the line.

Don't know how any self respecting person can live with a Steeler fan after that episode.

The sad part of this is how Marvin Lewis went off and made the snide remark about Roethlisberger in the postgame press conference.  All that does is encourage an already bloodthirsty Cincy fan base to go off the deep end and accuse the Steelers of everything short of being on the grassy knoll.

560017[/snapback]

I recall Ben R's and C-Lip's moanings. I guess Lewis is the dog for recalling that. He has to be the better man than the Steeler's organization, I guess.

Yes, there is something sad going on...

I don't know.  I'd like to think there was no intent to injure.  When Van Oelhofen grabs his leg and pulls it tight to his body and then rolls over it, well you got to know that is going to injure his knee.  Still, after the play, Van Oelhofen appears to be upset he injured him too.  What is bad is Palmer does have a messed up knee now.  Comparable to Willis?

560005[/snapback]

I think it's funny that people think Palmer won't be OK from this. ACL reconstructions are a dime-a-dozen these days. I've got two reconstructed knees, and yes, at almost 42, the older knee (1990) is starting to bother me a bit, but these guys get first class medical care and rehab, and he'll be fine. He's only 26 years old.

The injury is nowhere comparable to Willis' injury.