Palmer, Van Oelhofen et al.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funny that people think Palmer won't be OK from this.  ACL reconstructions are a dime-a-dozen these days.  I've got two reconstructed knees, and yes, at almost 42, the older knee (1990) is starting to bother me a bit, but these guys get first class medical care and rehab, and he'll be fine.  He's only 26 years old. 

The injury is nowhere comparable to Willis' injury.

560155[/snapback]

(Slight veer off-topic). Got to agree with ya. Medical science is very, very good. After all, my dad would be dead if he didn't get a double knee replacement 5 1/2 years ago. After surgery, during rehab, was getting short of breath too quickly for the Physical Therapist. The P.T. sent my dad for a routine check-up, and had a quad. bypass 3 days later. Everyone in our family knows that if my dad didn't get the knee replacements, he would have never have gone for the check-up.

I think it's funny that people think Palmer won't be OK from this.  ACL reconstructions are a dime-a-dozen these days.  I've got two reconstructed knees, and yes, at almost 42, the older knee (1990) is starting to bother me a bit, but these guys get first class medical care and rehab, and he'll be fine.  He's only 26 years old. 

The injury is nowhere comparable to Willis' injury.

560155[/snapback]

The medical opinion of the extent of his injury differs from yours...

"Carson's injury is a lot more complicated than the average ACL injury," Colosimo said. "There are multiple ligaments involved and he essentially dislocated his knee. It's a more complicated operation, and a more complicated course of recovery."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../601100378/1066

Did you miss the Jeremy Shockey fumble - no fumble call?

560958[/snapback]

I guess I did. What's your point here? My impression was that NYG got it stuck in the neck. Sure, they did not play well. And I had no stake in the outcome.

You have your opinion, I have mine...

BTW, any more comment about the extent of Palmer's injury, since you assured it was just a routine ACL tear? :)