What is the Bush/Kerry stance on

Adam

Just guessing, but...

Bush: "We must take greater pains to secure our northern borders..."

Kerry: "Based on my experience in Vietnam for which I won three Purple Hearts, I believe we must increase the opportunities for border crossing by restricting our open border policy."

The article in Time about how easy it is to sneak across the Mexican border?

As it stands now, both guys are too scared to touch it.

39798[/snapback]

Let's see. It is easier to sneak across the Mexican Border than ever. Now who has been president the last three years? Ohhhhh. Well the governor of border states should share some responsibility. Who was governor of Texas before he was President? Oh. And Kerry and Edwards are being criticized for this? hmmmm.

This issue, along with many others, is probably going to take 3 things to be addressed in the forseeable future:

1. A second term president (not worried about getting re-elected) with carte blanche in his/her party;

2. A majority in the House and nearly a super majority in the Senate (removes potential for other party to dilute the bill in order to score political points);

3. A media that reports in favor of the best interests of America and doesn't disporportionately provide coverage for the bleeding hearts

I can see the possibility of 1 and 2 this year. Problem is that 3 won't happen when 1 and 2 are Republican. Other problem is that 1 and 2 won't pursue a strong border protection policy if they are Democrat. So I guess the chances are pretty slim of this getting taken care of. ;)