Would you trade Losman for Eli?

billsboys

You know that J.P.'s biggest problem is reading defenses, really! On the one hand, reading instinct is a matter of talent, but I think that it translates to experience.

You know that Losman has been reading great books lately, e.g. East of Eden (find the quote last summer on your own). I wonder to what degree reading a defence critically relates to critical reading?

Well, I hope that J.P. tackles The Grapes of Wrath this summer, because it will give him experience and perspective in reading... and I think it might translate as well as it did for Marv...

very few ppl on this forum will allow for JP to develope..they want a ben roth who can win every game now...Id like to win every game also but it isnt going to happen with this team....all year Ive been saying give JP a chance and he'll be good....ive shown stats of Eli and Jp to show that they are not that very dissimilar stats wise from Eli's first year and JP's..this is Eli'e second year and they went to the playoffs...try giveing JP another year (full year) and see what happens...as far as holcolmb is concerned, if the bills are gonna sit JP when he dosent look good we need someone better than kelly H....the game he had against cinncy was great then he goes and sh1ts himself against a 3-12 jets team....he is not the answer to JP periode...a 10 year veteran should have more than just 1 more win over a rook and should atleast have way better stats not just alittle better.

Why not?  Isn't the object to win both?

559587[/snapback]

tougher to win in the playoffs... tell me, how would losman do with this team vs the carolina we saw today? if they're able to stop tiki, imagine how they would keep mcgahee to negative yardage.

tougher to win in the playoffs... tell me, how would losman do with this team vs the carolina we saw today?  if they're able to stop tiki, imagine how they would keep mcgahee to negative yardage.

559643[/snapback]

McGahee would have more yards than Tiki if they face the Panthers. The Giants gave up on the run after the half.

i'd rather have Eli's 11-5 record vs JPs 1-7

559150[/snapback]

For that you need a Coaching staff that is committed to running the ball and taking

the pressure of a young QB and a Defense that keeps ups its end of the bargain.

JP did much better against similar opponents. Give JP another year and then we'll see. They may both be busts! But JP has competed better against the Panthers---at least that is something positive to go on. He actually played pretty well that day running the no huddle.

Yes.

JP scares the willies out of me. He's inaccurate, injury prone, hasn't won a whole lot, and hasn't loves to run right at linebackers who are twice his size. I'm so nervous about us going with JP as our guy, but what can I do about it.

Eli has lived up to hype so far, and there is no reason to suspect he won't keep on doing it.

I agree it takes time for a QB to develop.  But again I'd take Manning's supporting cast over JP's anyday of the week.  And hopefully next year it comes close to approximating it.

560051[/snapback]

I really hope JP is like Eli was this year. Relatively good.

Did you watch Eli play yesterday ? I'll pass on Eli. Even JP's worst game didnt look that bad.

560022[/snapback]

Okay, Eli sh-- the bed in his first career playoff game versus a VERY GOOD Panthers defense. It doesn't mean he sucks. He had...3700+ yards passing, 24 TD's & 17 INT's in his first full year as a starter.

Yeah...I wouldn't want him on the Bills instead of JP. :doh: