Draft AJ Hawk, Switch to 3-4??

Spikes + Fletcher + Crowell + Hawk would be SWEET.  We would also need to find a NT.  Could Schobel and Kelsay handle it?  Thoughts?

558132[/snapback]

Probably not a good idea since it would stifle what fletcher does best-Go sideline to sideline and make plays. In a 3-4, the ILBs do NOT have the freedom. As for Schobel holding the Point of attack as a 3-4 end, not a chance. Way too small and pass-rush oriented.

Probably not a good idea since it would stifle what fletcher does best-Go sideline to sideline and make plays. In a 3-4, the ILBs do NOT have the freedom. As for Schobel holding the Point of attack as a 3-4 end, not a chance. Way too small and pass-rush oriented.

558136[/snapback]

I think the point about the D-Line is valid, but I think Fletcher, like most good LB's, would flourish in a 3-4 scheme...That is assuming of coarse that the Bills could land a DT that could stand up to the double teams...

The problem with a switch to a 3-4 would mainly come from the re-vamp necessary on the D-Line, and especially at NT...The Bills have no one currently that would fit a 2-Gap scheme at NT...That is for certain...

The problem with a switch to a 3-4 would mainly come from the re-vamp necessary on the D-Line, and especially at NT...The Bills have no one currently that would fit a 2-Gap scheme at NT...That is for certain...

558139[/snapback]

Yep.

Although, if you can find a good 3-4 NT, you only have to pay him, and not 2 good DTs you need for a 4-3, which is why I think the 3-4 is more "cap friendly" (linebackers are cheaper than linemen).

The question is, How do MM and Marv Levy feel about the 3-4? If Marv feels strongly about it, maybe we do switch. I just dont know.

Also, the 3-4 is making a comeback around the league....

I would be all for switching to the 3-4. Why not keep Sam Adams at DT? Maybe with an attitude adjustment he would show up from game one next season.

Bring back the K-Gun/run & shoot offense while we are at it. The "Power" running game was a joke.

I would be all for switching to the 3-4. Why not keep Sam Adams at DT? Maybe with an attitude adjustment he would show up from game one next season.

Bring back the K-Gun/run & shoot offense while we are at it. The "Power" running game was a joke.

558203[/snapback]

I just started a thread on bringing back the k gun. I didn't read your post today before I started that thread, sorry about that. At least I know you're on board with the return of the k gun.

The question is, How do MM and Marv Levy feel about the 3-4? If Marv feels strongly about it, maybe we do switch. I just dont know.

Also, the 3-4 is making a comeback around the league....

558180[/snapback]

How Marv feels about it should be obvious based on his previous tenure. Bottom line is you need to taylor your defense to your talent. The talent in Marv's previous tenure always seemed to favor a 3-4. Helps having Bruce as one of the 3 and Biscuit as one of the 4. Very few teams played the 3-4 at the time which gave teams another twist to prepare for. As you point out that isn't necessarily the case any more. Whatever changes are made, shouldn't be to tough to improve '05!!