Ryan Miller

There's little doubt that he's the number one guy now that he's healthy. Kid is just plain solid and making it look easy. Tonight he stopped 2 third period breakaways, backstopping the Sabres to a 3-1 win over the defending Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightening (that still sounds stupid).

...backstopping the Sabres to a 3-1 win over the defending Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightening (that still sounds stupid).

556507[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing will I was watching the game :D .

It's sad as well as stupid but that's what the NHL wants (wanted?).

Miller is extremely solid and reminds me somewhat of Ken Dryden...

There's little doubt that he's the number one guy now that he's healthy.  Kid is just plain solid and making it look easy.  Tonight he stopped 2 third period breakaways, backstopping the Sabres to a 3-1 win over the defending Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightening (that still sounds stupid).

556507[/snapback]

Miller is on point right now. He was all over the dekes on those breakaways. It took a crazy bounce and a swinging shot out of midair to beat him. He's got a 1.48 GAA and a .944 save percentage in his six games since returning from the injury. No question he is the best goalie on the team. He proved it once this year already, got injured, and then came back and overtook the hottest goalie in the NHL to regain the #1 spot.

I know this horse is beaten down, and Darcy is not known for his quick trigger finger, but they should be shopping Marty. His value is as good as it's gonna get. I'm not sure what they would want...A big bruiser defenseman would be nice. I wouldn't pick up a forward, because getting Dumont back followed by Briere a month later will be equivalent to picking up two big-time scorers at the trade deadline.

I know Noronen is obviously the lesser of the three, but Miller has proved he can go all the time and be effective. I have a feeling the backup is only going to play once every 10 games if Miller is the starter. Mika is adequate in that regard. The tough stretch will be in March, when the games are packed tightly together after the two-week Olympic break in February. But the Sabres aren't the only team with a crowded schedule. There will be a lot of backups around the NHL seeing action that month.

There's little doubt that he's the number one guy now that he's healthy.  Kid is just plain solid and making it look easy.  Tonight he stopped 2 third period breakaways, backstopping the Sabres to a 3-1 win over the defending Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightening (that still sounds stupid).

556507[/snapback]

To top it off the Sens got drubbed. A good hockey night.

That's just sick.  :P

556875[/snapback]

Yeah, the dude is on fire. In four of the six games since his return, he's held the opponent to one goal. Can't quite get the goose egg. Quote from Miller:

"I don't know, I feel like (a shutout) is coming.  But it's okay.  I had a lot last year in Rochester and a lot in college.  Shutouts are overrated.  I'll take the win anyday."

Solid. :lol:

Yeah, the dude is on fire.  In four of the six games since his return, he's held the opponent to one goal.  Can't quite get the goose egg.  Quote from Miller:

Solid.  :lol:

556886[/snapback]

I would love to see DiPeitro step in front of a truck so Ryan can get on the

Olympic team. Any NYC truck drivers?

Not me.  I'd rather have a pissed off Miller come playoff time.

557107[/snapback]

Good Point. He is looking like he is in pretty good form now.

BTW, does Lindy have Gaustad playing on two lines, it seems like he

his getting a huge amount of ice time.

Checked the shift chart, looks like he was filling in for Drury third period.

Edited by X. Benedict

Not me.  I'd rather have a pissed off Miller come playoff time.

557107[/snapback]

Pissed off......and fresh.

Two weeks off could help, with the schedule in March (look at that! 17 games!) and the upcoming playoff push. It will be nice to see Drury, Max, etc. playing for their countries, and it would be nice to see Miller as the best U.S. goalie, but that is going to be tough. Flying overseas, playing in a high pressure tournament, and then coming back and playing March's schedule, finishing up in April, and entering the playoffs (the most demanding postseason in all of sports)- I hope they (especially Drury) leave some gas in the tank!

Good Point. He is looking like he is in pretty good form now.

BTW, does Lindy have Gaustad playing on two lines, it seems like he

his getting a huge amount of ice time.

557130[/snapback]

He was double shifting some in the third last night because Drury got hurt.

I would love to see DiPeitro step in front of a truck so Ryan can get on the

Olympic team. Any NYC truck drivers?

556930[/snapback]

The way he's been playing lately (prior to getting hurt), the truck would probably go 5 hole cleanly anyway. :w00t:

As others have posted, I'd prefer a rested Miller come March than one who was playing ~every other night the prior 2 weeks.