Jerry Sullivan/Schopp & The Dope

You don't change over everything in 1 year......be patient.

556044[/snapback]

Be patient? The Bills have had one bright era in its 40+ years of existence. They went an entire decade without beating their hated rivals. They haven't made the playoffs in six years. In the last 10 years they've had the likes of Collins, RJ, Flutie, Billy Joe Hobert and Drew Bledsoe "leading" this team.

Be patient? The Bills have a head coach that wanted to "win now" with Holcomb while the majority of the fan base were willing to sacrifice a few wins in order to prepare for the future. The Bills have a head coach that promises a power running game but abandons it early in nearly every game. The Bills have a head coach that openly feuded with several of his vets.

Be patient? The Bills just hired a former coach that has been out of the league for eight years and has no NFL front office experience to "rebuild" this team. A coach, I might add, that had the benefit of coaching one of the most talented rosters in the last 20 years of the game. But hey, he's a "winner" despite the fact that he's never won a damn thing. I hear that the Cowboys are going to hire Barry Switzer to GM their squad next year. At least he coached one of the most talented rosters in the last 20 years to a SB title...

How much more patient can a fan base get? How many more years of futility do the Bills have to go through before you think that the fans have a right to expect something more? We are officially the new Cincinnati Bengals of the AFC.

My patience is over and done with. I want results.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My patience is over and done with.  I want results.

556094[/snapback]

Sorry- but you must be patient- it will take the new front office time to settle in with its new leadership, and tim eto rebuild the infrastructure of the team.

Anytime a change of this magnitude is made, it will take time.

I say 2-3 seasons, we'll be in the playoffs, and soon after, we'll be a true contender.

Coach Levy may not have experience as an NFL GM, but its a leadership position, just like being a coach. A lot of the processes are the same. He will be good, trust me.

Bad times are good times to 'GR and The News.

PTR

555816[/snapback]

That's what sells papers and gets people to listen.

If things were good, nobody would be listening to their criticisms. Most sportswriters/reporters would be failures at a LOT of other professions.

Mike

That's what sells papers and gets people to listen.

If things were good, nobody would be listening to their criticisms.  Most sportswriters/reporters would be failures at a LOT of other professions.

Mike

556105[/snapback]

I agree with the 1st point, not the 2nd. They'd be ripping the sabres if they didn't carry their games

Sorry- but you must be patient- it will take the new front office time to settle in with its new leadership, and tim eto rebuild the infrastructure of the team.

Anytime a change of this magnitude is made, it will take time.

I say 2-3 seasons, we'll be in the playoffs, and soon after, we'll be a true contender.

Coach Levy may not have experience as an NFL GM, but its a leadership position, just like being a coach. A lot of the processes are the same. He will be good, trust me.

556101[/snapback]

You're missing the point here. The poster you replied to was asking why Mularkey isn't gone. You say "be patient". Then you say above that it will take 2-3 season to make the playoffs.

Do you really think that Mularkey can survive 2-3 seasons without making the playoffs? One more losing season and he's done...and then we'll have to go through a whole new line of "be patient" posts as the new coaching staff is put into place and new offensive and defensive systems are learned (in addition to the new D system learned this offseason). Another 2-3 seasons will be needed to get the team back up to speed. Hopefully the next coaching staff is a success; otherwise after 2-3 seasons we’ll be subjected to a thousand more “be patient” posts.

Not canning Mularkey is a huge mistake unless they're willing to let him ride out his 5-year deal no matter what. If that's the case it moves the mistake from the "huge" category and puts it squarely in the "colossal" category.

You're missing the point here.  The poster you replied to was asking why Mularkey isn't gone.  You say "be patient".  Then you say above that it will take 2-3 season to make the playoffs. 

Do you really think that Mularkey can survive 2-3 seasons without making the playoffs?  One more losing season and he's done...and then we'll have to go through a whole new line of "be patient" posts as the new coaching staff is put into place and new offensive and defensive systems are learned (in addition to the new D system learned this offseason).  Another 2-3 seasons will be needed to get the team back up to speed.  Hopefully the next coaching staff is a success; otherwise after 2-3 seasons we’ll be subjected to a thousand more “be patient” posts.

Not canning Mularkey is a huge mistake unless they're willing to let him ride out his 5-year deal no matter what.  If that's the case it moves the mistake from the "huge" category and puts it squarely in the "colossal" category.

556123[/snapback]

I don't think keeping him is a mistake- and I'm NOT a Milarkey guy- he's not who I wanted brought in.

You don't give a coach 1-2 years....it doesn't work that way.

Under new leadership, with a better OL, he WILL be better, thats a given. Will he be good enough? Thats something we'll find out.

I've been really mad at these guys for their anti-Bills agenda all year, but this time I have to agree with them.

They really wanted Mularkey gone yesterday, and were ready to spin that as a positive, and then they were let down, just like I was, with the second news conference.

Bringing in Marv to head up these idiots - well, I don't have much good to say about it either.

Is there any talented player that Mularkey hasn't had major issues with? Maybe Lee Evans and McGee, but that'll probably be next year's issues.

There is no question WGR wants the Bills to fail.

555942[/snapback]

WGR is the anti-fan site; Levy tried to do his usual thing and get them to change but it failed. Hopefully it will not be so with coaches and players with problems.

It doesn't surprise me that Jerry SUllivan and WGR already have issues with the new-look/old look Bills.  Have you ever heard these guys say anything complimentary about this organization, without qualifying it? 

Note to Jerry Sullivan:  Considering how glowing in praise you were 5 years ago with the hiring of Tom Donahoe, maybe you AREN'T the most astute judge of talent.  So your ripping of Wilson and Levy has littel cred with me.

Bad times are good times to 'GR and The News.

PTR

555816[/snapback]

I mean, c'mon. Every villiage needs its idiot. Jerry Sullivan is ours.

Being a critic is easy. That's whay Sullivan isn't a doctor or a rocket scientist. I bet even Michaelangelo had people telling him he sucked. Those guys, like Sullivan, were idiots too.

WGR is the anti-fan site; Levy tried to do his usual thing and get them to change but it failed.  Hopefully it will not be so with coaches and players with problems.

556258[/snapback]

that was a more accurate description than anything I've ever seen about them

The issue isn't with Levy, the issue seems to be it's only Levy as most of the underlings are staying the same.

556006[/snapback]

Most of the underlings with the exception of the entire defensive staff and the offensive coordinator. So far.

Those guys are idiots. They sniff Dickerson's jock and get aroused.

My patience is over and done with.  I want results.

556094[/snapback]

That's nice and all, but you can't have it both ways. You don't want donahoe, and you want change, but at the same time you want results immediately. Big change does not equal immediate results. Change means upheaval, and that's a fact.

You might want to temper your expectations, no matter how valid, and deal with reality.

That's nice and all, but you can't have it both ways. You don't want donahoe, and you want change, but at the same time you want results immediately. Big change does not equal immediate results. Change means upheaval, and that's a fact.

You might want to temper your expectations, no matter how valid, and deal with reality.

556448[/snapback]

Explain to me how hiring a new GM and keeping the current coach is going to expidite the turn around? The ONLY way that happens is if we win next year, period. If we don't win next year Mularkey is likely gone. He was almot gone this year, one more year and it's probably a done deal. Why delay that by a year, get on with it and hire a new staff and let's begain again...again. I don't expect result immediately UNLESS they keep the current coaching staff. If they're going that route then they had better win now.

Let's be rational here. Who would you hire as a head coach? Do you know what the coaching talent pool looks like this year?

Explain to me how hiring a new GM and keeping the current coach is going to expidite the turn around?  The ONLY way that happens is if we win next year, period.  If we don't win next year Mularkey is likely gone.  He was almot gone this year, one more year and It's probably a done deal.  Why delay that by a year, get on with it and hire a new staff and let's begain again...again.  I don't expect result immediately UNLESS they keep the current coaching staff.  If they're going that route then they had better win now.

556464[/snapback]