Very good question.

My recollection is that it was no secret that TD wanted Wade gone before he would take the job so that he could hire his own guy.

Wade would be a huge upgrade over Mularkey. I doubt that it would ever happen unless he and Ralph have settled their differences.

Why did we fire Wade in the first place?

555368[/snapback]

He wouldn't wear headphones. :lol: He had horrible special teams (Ronnie Jones..didn't they have a "punt catcher"? - thank you Bobby April). Plus, the Doug and RJ soap opera got in the way. TD wanted his own guy.

If Wade goes to Green Bay, put a c-note on them at 50 to 1 to win the Superbowl. He's a terrific and underrated coach.

555622[/snapback]

The Green Bay Packers are not a good football team and don't show signs of winning anytime soon. But, I would say that Wade is a major upgrade from Mike Sherman.

Why did we fire Wade in the first place?

555368[/snapback]

The reason we fired Wade is because he was hell bent on keeping Ronnie Jones as his special teams coach and wouldn't let Wilson bully him into going with someone else. While I think Jones was a foolish choice of special teams coach and didn't like Wade at the time, in retrospect I respect him by standing by his guys. As it seems like the last two guys we've had at HC are willing to throw others under the bus in order to keep their jobs with ease.

He wouldn't wear headphones.  :P  He had horrible special teams (Ronnie Jones..didn't they have a "punt catcher"? - thank you Bobby April).  Plus, the Doug and RJ soap opera got in the way.  TD wanted his own guy.

555416[/snapback]

Don't forget his neighbor, Bowman IIRC, who's background was a few years of coaching at UB, that he hired to coach the TE's.

Wade's problem was the same we've seen quite a bit of the past few years, a number of coaches who were hired because they were friends, not qualified coaches.

Anyone remember Vinklarek (sp?) as well?

What is with the cronyism? Our coaches aren't alone in this regad either. Sounds like the recruiting method used by the Buffalo Parks Dept.