Next year's

scribo

Starting four on the D-line: Schobel, Gabe Watson [2nd pick], Edwards and Super Mario [1st pick]

Backups: Anderson, Kelsay, Bannan

Gone are Adams, Denney and Sape :lol:

Notice no free agents needed -- save that dough to fix the o-line.

Yes, there are two rookies starting here. Maybe Anderson starts the season in front of Watson, but Gabe will take over by mid-season -- or Edwards will get hurt and it will be Anderson and Watson.

Gabe Watson a starter and 2nd round pick? Jeez, it will take the guy a year just to decide that he really wants to play at the pro level. Picking him with a 2nd rounder would be a bigger risk than McGahee was.

Gabe Watson a starter and 2nd round pick?  Jeez, it will take the guy a year just to decide that he really wants to play at the pro level.  Picking him with a 2nd rounder would be a bigger risk than McGahee was.

555339[/snapback]

There are several mock drafts by "pros" who have Watson going in the first -- mostly to Atlanta or Seattle.

Starting four on the D-line: Schobel, Gabe Watson [2nd pick], Edwards and Super Mario [1st pick]

Gone are Adams, Denney and Sape  :lol:

Yes, there are two rookies starting here. Maybe Anderson starts the season in front of Watson, but Gabe will take over by mid-season -- or Edwards will get hurt and it will be Anderson and Watson.

555269[/snapback]

i don't know if Watson and Mario will be there for the Bills where you suggest,.....but i like the philosophy of drafting the DL and FA acquisitions for the OL.

i don't know if  Watson and Mario will be there for the Bills where you suggest,.....but i like the philosophy of drafting the DL and FA acquisitions for the OL.

555502[/snapback]

Thanks. That is the basic idea. I think it is more important to have experience on teh o-line than it is on the d-line.

There are several mock drafts by "pros" who have Watson going in the first -- mostly to Atlanta or Seattle.

555359[/snapback]

I know a little about Michigan football (see my name?). Gabe could prove me wrong and excel at the pro level. I hope he does because he seems to be a nice guy. But he just doesn't have a fire for the game. He actually was benched this season for his lack of effort -- not a good thing to have on your resume for the Senior season. Underachiever, lazy, and risk are the words being used by scouts in their assessment of him. This just doesn't seem like a 1st round pick to me, and I'd be careful about spending a high 2nd rounder.

Hutchinson is a UFA correct??

Will sEattle be able to afford both Alexander/Hutchinson....whats the cap number like coming into this offseason??

555582[/snapback]

if they can't afford both, they'd be smart to choose hutchinson over alexander........

I like your approach Scribo, been thinking very similar myself. I'd like to know more about Seattle's cap myself. If not Hutchinson I'm thinking Bently may want out of NO. He could also play guard too. He made the Pro Bowl there as a rookie, I think, or at least got strong consideration.

Gone are Adams, Denney and Sape  :P

555269[/snapback]

the best part of this scenario is that the FA's (Hutchinson and Bently...if the Bills could be so fortunate) would likely be chosen and delivered before the draft occurs allowing the staff to go full bore on DL help.

Mario Williams is for real, this kid just absolutely reeks of Julius Peppers...just without the need for nose candy (or whatever the hell Peppers got suspended for...I'll pretend it was nose candy for my own amusement).

Honestly...Mario Williams, Haloti Ngata, Jimmy Williams, Eric Winston, Winston Justice...any of those guys would be fine and dandy as our first round pick. Keep an eye on Winston Justice, he was the ONLY player holding his blocks last night on USC's line.

the best part of this scenario is that the FA's (Hutchinson and Bently...if the Bills could be so fortunate) would likely be chosen and delivered before the draft occurs allowing the staff to go full bore on DL help.

556104[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly! But if the Bills really have seemingly solved the o-line problem by then, there will be little guessing involved as other teams may make moves knowing we are targeting d-linemen. For instance, a team may jump ahead of us if they are hot after Watson of someone similar in the second round, because they'd know we're sitting at #40 just salivating.

Mario Williams is for real, this kid just absolutely reeks of Julius Peppers...just without the need for nose candy (or whatever the hell Peppers got suspended for...I'll pretend it was nose candy for my own amusement).

Honestly...Mario Williams, Haloti Ngata, Jimmy Williams, Eric Winston, Winston Justice...any of those guys would be fine and dandy as our first round pick.  Keep an eye on Winston Justice, he was the ONLY player holding his blocks last night on USC's line.

556108[/snapback]

I'd be happy wtih all but Justice and a little wary of Ngata too at this point especially with the questions about his knee injury. My reservations on Justice is he's a Right OT and we all know what happens the last time we used a top 10 pick on a Right OT in the draft.