OK....I WILL SAY IT

and I have some reasons why......

First....it does not sound to me like Levy would be the one negotiating the contracts.....is everyone forgetting the success that Modrack had with the Eagles? I think he is going to guy that does this.....

Levy is a extremely smart extremely articulate man who players will respect because he helped BIULD A WINNER IN BUFFALO....the last time the bills had real success Levy was right in the middle of it. I equate it a lot to Phil Jackson coming into an organization in the NBA.....players will buy into him because he has been to the show.....he knows what it takes.

Levy understands the importance of strong O and D lines.....that came out in the last audio I heard from him......he puts an emphasis on it.

Levy is a close confidant of the owner......Ralph will listen to him when he says we need to spend money on this player or that player to get them to buffalo

I like it

First....it does not sound to me like Levy would be the one negotiating the contracts.....is everyone forgetting the success that Modrack had with the Eagles?  I think he is going to guy that does this.....

Levy is a extremely smart extremely articulate man who players will respect because he helped BIULD A WINNER IN BUFFALO....the last time the bills had real success Levy was right in the middle of it.  I equate it a lot to Phil Jackson coming into an organization in the NBA.....players will buy into him because he has been to the show.....he knows what it takes. 

Levy understands the importance of strong O and D lines.....that came out in the last audio I heard from him......he puts an emphasis on it.

Levy is a close confidant of the owner......Ralph will listen to him when he says we need to spend money on this player or that player to get them to buffalo

I like it

553375[/snapback]

John--I agree with all of this...I just think the whole thing falls apart with a lame duck coach...A fresh start is a fresh start...

Well, thats all true, but I doubt any of the kids who play today know much about our glory years. He'll just be some old dude.

Levy ALWAYS paid attention to special teams, though, and he does have a keen football mind. Who knows?

GO BILLS GO MARV GO BUFFALO GO CHICKEN WINGS GO AWAY TOM

First....it does not sound to me like Levy would be the one negotiating the contracts.....is everyone forgetting the success that Modrack had with the Eagles?  I think he is going to guy that does this.....

Levy is a extremely smart extremely articulate man who players will respect because he helped BIULD A WINNER IN BUFFALO....the last time the bills had real success Levy was right in the middle of it.  I equate it a lot to Phil Jackson coming into an organization in the NBA.....players will buy into him because he has been to the show.....he knows what it takes. 

I like it

553375[/snapback]

Yeah, all good points. But be careful...it's dangerous to stand in front of an angry mob and try to use logic.

John--I agree with all of this...I just think the whole thing falls apart with a lame duck coach...A fresh start is a fresh start...

553380[/snapback]

Yeah I agree. Unless Levy legitimately believes MM is the man for the job, and how could he, they have to fire MM and bring in someone with some chops.

I know this isn't going to be popular on the board.....

But I believe that Mularky isn't that bad of a HC IF WE BRING IN OC and DC under him that know what the F*&& they are doing......

If you combine that with a willingness of an owner and a GM to get square players to fit into square holes on this team...then execute game plans based on those strengths...the MM would look like a fricken genious.....

Bring in Haslet or Capers to be the DC

Bring in a quality OC

Retain our OL coach and our special teams coach

But I believe that Mularky isn't that bad of a HC IF WE BRING IN OC and DC under him that know what the F*&& they are doing......

553407[/snapback]

Mularky is the one responsible for putting together the staff that was here. Now we're giving him a free "get out of jail" card because it was his crappy staff and not the HC?

Yeah, all good points.  But be careful...it's dangerous to stand in front of an angry mob and try to use logic.

553395[/snapback]

The best way to deal with an angry mob is to join it. Grab a torch, brother, the revolution's begun!

Down with Mularkey!

I like it

553375[/snapback]

Kumbaya. :)

John I completely agree with you regarding Marv.

But, what has given you evidence that MM can do the job? I'd like to believe he can, but his offense has always been about gimmicks and trying to fool the opponent, as opposed to the Cowher/Parcells try to overpower the opponent, which I think is the right philosophy for a team in Buffalo.

OK....I WILL SAY IT, I have faith in Levy

553375[/snapback]

I agree. Hope you'll pardon my LOTRs reference, but it's like Marv left as Gandalf the Gray and will return as a wiser, more powerful Gandalf the White.

There... and back again.

John I completely agree with you regarding Marv. 

But, what has given you evidence that MM can do the job?  I'd like to believe he can, but his offense has always been about gimmicks and trying to fool the opponent, as opposed to the Cowher/Parcells try to overpower the opponent, which I think is the right philosophy for a team in Buffalo.

553557[/snapback]

I find it interesting that just the year before MM was actually thought of a young but up and coming HC who mixed his gimmiks and "bread and butter" well....

The fact is.....when teams are LOOKING for the gimmick plays because nothing else is working....it looks bad....really bad.

Also.....maybe a OC in here that MM trusts might get us away from the unbalance of non "bread and butter plays"

I like it

553375[/snapback]

Agreed. I have faith in Marv as well. Finally the lines will be addressed. It's about time.