Does this organizational structure make sense?

Keep Mularkey as HC. Sure he's made some mistakes and some goober calls but what HC in the NFL hasn't. He appears to have the support of his players and I think dumping him causes more problems than it solves. I could stomach giving him one more year.

Modrak moves to GM and What's his name handles the PR and Marketing duties as previously speculated.

Sam Whyche moves to OC and we get someone with a clue to be DC. I'm not sure Krumrie is the guy but I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot.

The only question in WTF is Levy going to be doing??

Keep Mularkey as HC.  Sure he's made some mistakes and some goober calls but what HC in the NFL hasn't.  He appears to have the support of his players and I think dumping him causes more problems than it solves.  I could stomach giving him one more year.

Modrak moves to GM and What's his name handles the PR and Marketing duties as previously speculated.

Sam Whyche moves to OC and we get someone with a clue to be DC.  I'm not sure Krumrie is the guy but I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot.

551780[/snapback]

There's no way Jerry Gray leaves the Bills if Mularkey is retained. Well, unless he gets a HC job somewhere.

Guest BackInDaDay

Mularkey's not going anywhere. Marv will assist Modrak and Mularkey in determining what direction to take the team. Ralph will give them his stamp of approval and that will be that.

If Wilson doesn't get anxious, and pressure this group to go along with more of his short-sighted decisions, these guys may be able to get something done. :unsure:

551780[/snapback]

From all of the stuff I read, it almost sounds like Levy is going to be a middle man between the owner, and the GM/HC. I posted it yesterday, and nobody responded. Wasn't anyone else struck by RW's comment about not being "patronized" by the people he hires, and how he was not going to go over in the corner with his Coca-Cola?

I can only assume he said it, because he feels like TD had been paying him lip service. This is exactly what happened at the end of John Butlers' tenure. I think Ralph, who lives in Detroit, is going to use Levy (a friend, and someone he trusts) as an overseer, so things don't too out of control with another GM. Levy would likely have some imput on the goings on with the team, but will more importantly (for Ralph) represent the owner, in Buffalo.

The structure you describe makes sense if some moves are made by thie relatively the same front office IF it makes some moves to show that there is a big difference between how they think and operate and how TD thought and operated.

My sense is that if you want big changes in your ultimate W/L then you need big changes in how you operate.

As in real life, staying the course makes little sense when staying the course is producing bad results.

Will this braintrust be different:

Modrak- He clearly was involved in building a winner in Philly and has made some reasonable personnel judgments for the most part in making choices for the Bills (MW was th big mistake and everybody makes some mistakes and it is simply unclear how much blame he deserves for mistakes like MW or good calls assessments which were made like getting Peters as a UDFA).

I think he can be different the question is will he be?

MM- There was a reasonable fear he was Dr. Jekyll at the beginning of last season but he proved to be Mr. Hyde as he stayed th course and results turned around last season.

However, Jekyll (and maybe Heckle) emerged this year as he lost control of the team. However, if the decision to go with JP was MM's idea this is bad as i think the team saw the job being handed to JP as a declaration by the team that their first priority was winning in 2006 rather than 2005. I'm not saying that Bledsoe was a winner we should have kept, but that JP should have earned rather than being given the job. Whn he was given the job I think the players (who ultimately determine whether you win or lose) simply played like this was training camp rather than going for it.

The Moulds situation was interesting in that it seemed that the players did not really come to Moulds defense in this situation (though they did not come to MMs defense either as Ralph left him hanging).

Clements- He is another guy who has showed past production as a QB coach and in his first OC year who showed nothing this year. If MM surivives and there is a reasonable explanation for why he sucked this year, I can deal with him getting a mulligan for this year.

Gray- Despite the grief he gets for the horrible D performance this year, I think he has shown great positives once he escaped the GW shackles and the team D was in the top 5 satistically as he quickly mastered the play calling with the LeBeau run blitz.

Last year he demonstrated a great abiliy to design and implement adjustments that squashed positives for opposing teams from the first half (remember last season how Morris gained 80+ yards in the first half for Miami and next to nothing in the second half).

He also engineered some general changes during the bye week which were critical to the second half turnaround last year.

However, the D simply sucked this year and the problems were much larger than simply losing Phat Pat or even TKO to injury (the run D sucked with him in for 2-1/2 games and Crowell was no TKO but played credibly as a replacement. So blaming Gray for the D failures (and Krumrie for the DL failures) is not unreasonable.

However, he does still seem to have a good relationship with the players and if he stays because the HC is comfortable with him, and there are big changes in the Modrak approach then I'm willing to see him get a mulligan as well.

Again the key is big changes in W/L has got to meansome big changes in attitude and operations as staying this course would be a dumb course.

Sell tickets.

My question is:

Who handles the cap? Modrak? He is a glorified scout... Marv?? :unsure: Ralph?? :D

I sure hope Ralph hires a "capologist"..

551790[/snapback]

I believe Brandon will be handling the cap. Modrak will be deciding on players with MM on who to bring in to fit this system. Marv's Job will be to evaluate the pieces and report to RW. IMHO