I want Bobby April

1gap2gap

What the heck, He's as good a choice as anybody else. Great people skills, been around the league so he should know a lot of other coaches. The players love him and play hard for him. What the Heck it's as good a choice as Williams or Malarky!

Why do I keep reading this nonsense?

Yeah, let's take a guy who's had a long and frutiful career doing one thing and ask him to suddenly do something else. What a great way to lessen the effectiveness of both our special teams and gamecalls at the same time!

Yeah, let's take a guy who's had a long and frutiful career doing one thing and ask him to suddenly do something else. What a great way to lessen the effectiveness of both our special teams and gamecalls at the same time!

550989[/snapback]

Marv Levy once coached special teams.

550989[/snapback]

I guess if we all thought like you then nobody gets promoted for doing a good job! What makes you so sure that both jobs would then be weakened? Why can't both jobs wind up being strengthened ?

April has done a hell of a job and we all know that HC is a people skills job not an X & O's job. That's why you have a OC and DC.

April has done a hell of a job and we all know that HC is a people skills job not an X & O's job. That's why you have a OC and DC.

551180[/snapback]

Yeah and April is an X & O's coach, maybe the best in the NFL at his job. If you move him and you no longer have the best X & O ST's coach then your ST's are going to take a step back. And if you take an X & O's coach and ask him to be an administrator, which he has no experience doing, chances are you are going to take a step backwards in that department as well.

The guy's doing a great job where he is, it makes no sense to move him away from his strength into a position he's never held before.

In all seriousness... if MM is fired, i hope whoever comes in here keeps April. I don't think he could find anyone on the market better at coaching ST, however most coaches like to build their staff's themselves. Same goes for Sam Wyche (although his direct impact on the team may be less noticeable at this point).

Yeah and April is an X & O's coach, maybe the best in the NFL at his job. If you move him and you no longer have the best X & O ST's coach then your ST's are going to take a step back. And if you take an X & O's coach and ask him to be an administrator, which he has no experience doing, chances are you are going to take a step backwards in that department as well.

The guy's doing a great job where he is, it makes no sense to move him away from his strength into a position he's never held before.

551398[/snapback]

How do you think that people get promoted??? Keep him where he is because he is doing a good job? So you don't reward a person on your own staff that has done an excelent job? Man I would hate to live in your world. You know if you just said that you don't think that April is Head Coach material - I can respect that but to say that you would not promote him becasue he is too good at doing the job that he is in right now! I just don't get. I think we call that living in fear! All I can say is that's a bunch of nonsense.

How do you think that people get promoted??? Keep him where he is because he is doing a good job? So you don't reward a person on your own staff that has done an excelent job? Man I would hate to live in your world. 

551654[/snapback]

This ain't freakin Wal-Mart.

Team comes first.

Period.

April does a nice job getting first-year fringe players fired up to make a difference on special teams. That is a lot different from managing the $10 million egos of Eric Moulds and Sam Adams. April for head coach is not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it's on the list.

April does a nice job getting first-year fringe players fired up to make a difference on special teams.  That is a lot different from managing the $10 million egos of Eric Moulds and Sam Adams.  April for head coach is not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it's on the list.

551698[/snapback]

Now that opinon I can respect. The original post was more of a tough in cheek post. It was to remind people that Marv was a ST coach and did pretty good.

I was just trying to make everybody understand that there is no recipe for finding a good coach. Its a crap shoot.

But not to promote somebody on your own staff because he does too good a job at what he does know---- just made no sense to me. :unsure:

What the heck, He's as good a choice as anybody else. Great people skills, been around the league so he should know a lot of other coaches. The players love him and play hard for him. What the Heck it's as good a choice as Williams or Malarky!

550952[/snapback]

A) Uh, no he's not "as good a choice as anybody else." :D

B) "It's as good a choice as Williams or Malarky!" Really? Williams and Mularkey were bad choices. So if April is "as good a choice" then you're ok with yet another mediocre head coach? Don't you want more than that? :unsure:

The original post was more of a tough in cheek post. It was to remind people that Marv was a ST coach and did pretty good.

551722[/snapback]

This is 'A' to 'C' logic. Where is 'B'? Yes, Marv got his start as a special teams coach but he didn't jump straight to a head coaching position from there. He held other positions/titles in between those two gigs. Can you name a ST coach who jumped straight to a HC?? I didn't think so...it just doesn't happen that way. B-)

A) Uh, no he's not "as good a choice as anybody else."  :D

B) "It's as good a choice as Williams or Malarky!" Really? Williams and Mularkey were bad choices. So if April is "as good a choice" then you're ok with yet another mediocre head coach? Don't you want more than that?  :unsure:

This is 'A' to 'C' logic. Where is 'B'? Yes, Marv got his start as a special teams coach but he didn't jump straight to a head coaching position from there. He held other positions/titles in between those two gigs. Can you name a ST coach who jumped straight to a HC?? I didn't think so...it just doesn't happen that way.  B-)

551751[/snapback]

Dam you guys are pitiful. I'll give one thing -- you are experts at missing the point of a post! :w00t::D:(:doh:

550989[/snapback]

Like a Greg Williams....

At least GW and BA are good at the coordinator positions......On the other

hand MM was going to be fired as the OC from the Steelers for the stupid

trick plays he kept calling.....and we hired him as our HC.....