BREAKING NEWS: MODRAK AS NEXT GM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because some people like to put things they don't know about into neat little pre-ordained packages. For what reason I have yet to figure out. I seriously laugh at the whole over used "puppet" or "clone" terms.

550946[/snapback]

Whatever the term, I think there should be some concern that this is more of a "same old same old" move...Modrak was very involved in the last 4 drafts.

Conversely, I also remember reading somewhere, around the time Bledosoe was released, Modrak and Mularkey were not as sold on JP Losman as others seemed to be. If that is true, it could be a good sign...unless you are a JP fan-boy!

The most interesting tidbit from the Kilgore report:

"Ch2 has also learned that 80-year old Marv Levy is considering returning to the Bills in some type of managerial capacity to help Wilson, who lives in Detroit, keep a closer eye on the Buffalo football operation. "

Is Buffalo such a bad place to live, the 87 year old has to pay his 80 year old kid borther to move there, and keep an eye on things?

But, he is staking his credibility on this! B-)

550986[/snapback]

why is kilgore horrible? as far as tv news guys go, i've always found him to be unobjectionable. is this the classic buffalo contempt-for-any-deliverer-of-sports-news-who-has-worked-for-a-long-time-in-buffalo at work?

The most interesting tidbit from the Kilgore report:

"Ch2 has also learned that 80-year old Marv Levy is considering returning to the Bills in some type of managerial capacity to help Wilson, who lives in Detroit, keep a closer eye on the Buffalo football operation. "

Is Buffalo such a bad place to live, the 87 year old has to pay his 80 year old kid borther to move there, and keep an eye on things?

550991[/snapback]

Like usual, his money is more important to him. His business is located in Detroit.

Modrak is an excellent football guy and Russ Brandon can do what Donahoe did. I'm happy that we're not losing Modrak. I just wonder why Mularkey is being retained. But I suspect that it's because there is a glut of vacancies and a dearth of good candidates. There, I said glut and dearth in the same sentence. Cool. Maybe one more year of mediocrity under Mularkey will allow Ralph to jump on Weis after he wins a championship next year. Or Parcells after he realizes that he can only go so far with Jones breathing down his neck and Bledsoe slinging it. Or maybe neither is true and I'm clutching at straws.

But anyway, I'm glad we're not losing Modrak.

550972[/snapback]

The only thing I worry about Modrak is that a few weeks ago there was a article (for the life of me I can't remember where) basically stating that others around the league think Modrak is a joke, One source even went on to call him lazy as he is someone who watches one tape of a college player and makes a decision on him. I only wish I could remember where I read this..anyone??

The only thing I worry about Modrak is that a few weeks ago there was a article (for the life of me I can't remember where) basically stating that others around the league think Modrak is a joke, One source even went on to call him lazy as he is someone who watches one tape of a college player and makes a decision on him.  I only wish I could remember where I read this..anyone??

551009[/snapback]

you guessed it ... PFT!! they retracted the story (sort of) the next day.

The only thing I worry about Modrak is that a few weeks ago there was a article (for the life of me I can't remember where) basically stating that others around the league think Modrak is a joke, One source even went on to call him lazy as he is someone who watches one tape of a college player and makes a decision on him.  I only wish I could remember where I read this..anyone??

551009[/snapback]

Seeing that he works out of his Florida home, I'm curious about that too....

551009[/snapback]

Here you go....

I don't know who to believe.

ESPN and WGR was reporting it didn't look good for Mularkey. But now Kilgore (seriously, Kilgore?) is saying everything's all peachy keen?

550956[/snapback]

That's because he's been a cheerleader for MM for the last month.