Mike Mularkey needs to pull a Bill Parcells

Frez

What would Bill Parcells do in a time like this?

Parcells would either CUT a name player or put somebodys ass on the bench and make an example of him. This team needs a fire lit under its ASS!

Totally pathetic play on the field yesterday.

Bledsoe skipping passes to his receivers and taking sacks.

Moulds dropping passes.

Penalities all over the field.

4th and inches and we can't score?

I'm telling you, Bledsoe makes this offensive line look worse than it really is. He plays with no confidence and it rubs off on the o-line.

Why do we have both our #1 picks on the bench? Willis and Lee Evans should be in the game making something happen on the offensive side of the ball. What a shame to see them on the bench.

Parcells would either CUT a name player or put somebodys ass on the bench and make an example of him. This team needs a fire lit under its ASS! 

39047[/snapback]

Marcus Price, Shane Matthews,

COME ON DOWN!

Why do we have both our #1 picks on the bench? Willis and Lee Evans should be in the game making something happen on the offensive side of the ball. What a shame to see them on the bench.

39047[/snapback]

I agree with you about lighting a fire...but I wanted to respond to your comment about having #1's on the bench.

If you think back to the Super Bowl days of Marv Levy, rookies hardly ever played, even #1's. It's really a desperation move to start a rookie early in a season. You risk damaging a players psyche if they get overwhelmed. It's always best to ease them in.

Having said that...I think the Bills are in full-bown disaster mode! I'd be thinking about starting Losman, if he weren't injured. (way to go, Vincent, you a$$clown!) I wouldn't strat Losman against a team like New England (talk about being overwhelmed) I hope Shane Matthews gets a shot. Losman has been set way back by this injury. I wonder if he will get to play at all this year.

But one thing is for sure...Bledsoe's gotta sit!

PTR

Frez Posted Today, 06:42 PM

Moulds dropping passes.

I'm telling you, Bledsoe makes this offensive line look worse than it really is. He plays with no confidence and it rubs off on the o-line.

I do'nt know what you saw on TV, but I can tell you that Lee Evans was involved in a lot of plays yesterday. He was constantly lining up as an H-Back, and then shuffling into the WR position. The only time you saw him was on the 65 yard play, late in the game.

I do'nt know what you saw on TV, but I can tell you that Lee Evans was involved in a lot of plays yesterday. He was constantly lining up as an H-Back, and then shuffling into the WR position. The only time you saw him was on the 65 yard play, late in the game.

39090[/snapback]

He needs to touch the ball a little more than one play, don't you think? Did you see Ernest Wilford or Roy Williams yesterday? Why sit Willis and Lee when they CAN contribute? Travis Henry struggled and Bobby Shaw has zero speed.

Parcells would do something to pump up the team and cause some excitment in the staidum, which in turns, pumps up the team. Why not try the two back set: Henry and McGahee? Why not use McGahee with some regularity? And do something to get Moulds moving! Does TO or Randy Moss ever have streaks like this?

Moulds dropping passes.

39047[/snapback]

I know what Parcells wouldn't do. He wouldn't do something stupid just to prove he was tough and in control of the roster for the moment so he had the power to fire someone willy-nilly.

I think one of the great things Parcells does that has helped him become a great HC is that he realizes that players definitely want discipline, but he earns his respect from the players with his unstinting loyalty to players for playing hard and gets the players permission to discipline them.

Parcells from what I have seen has a wonderful sense of humor and a record of outstanding achievement. He has parlayed these two things into being able to publicly call out players with a smile along with his tough words so that the discipline is about a players play and not about a player as a person.

He will call out a player on a personal failing, but only when that failing is a transgression and a lack of respect for his teammates and Parcells is speaking for them and disciplining for the teammates.

Folks wonder how on earth an HC like Parcells would sign a player like Keyshawn Johnson. My guess is that though Keyshawn is clearly an egotistical idiot he never let down team leaders on a Parcells squad so there was no need to discipline him for his outlandish statements.

My guess is that Parcells would certainly not bench a better player merely to play a 1st round choice because of his draft position.

Just as Parcells is willing to put his team in the hands of an old guy likeTestaverde who is clearly past his prime and can't makes passes like he used to, I also would not be surprised that if Parcells HC'ed Bledsoe that he would also would stick with him.

Rather than using an alarm clock to get Bledsoe to throw the damn ball he would probably use hi voice and the force of his will, but don't be sure at all that Parcells would ding Bledsoe or Moulds as you suggest.