Mike Sherman Canned from GB

RunTheBall

What do you guys think of Mike Sherman? I haven't followed him closely, but he's a successful head coach with experience, especially playoff experience. Although he's only 2-4 in the playoffs, he's won the division title 3 times. I'm not quite sure why Green Bay would fire him but he's going to end up some place I think.

I doubt Buffalo is that place, but anyone have any more of an informed opinion on him?

RTB

What do you guys think of Mike Sherman? I haven't followed him closely, but he's a successful head coach with experience, especially playoff experience. Although he's only 2-4 in the playoffs, he's won the division title 3 times. I'm not quite sure why Green Bay would fire him but he's going to end up some place I think.

I doubt Buffalo is that place, but anyone have any more of an informed opinion on him?

RTB

549248[/snapback]

no way do i want mike sherman...dont forget he used to be green bays gm.he got demoted to coach and now he got fired.he cannot even blame the gm for his lack of talent because he put the roster together when he was the gm...................no more mikes please! lol

no way do i want mike sherman...dont forget he used to be green bays gm.he got demoted to coach and now he got fired.he cannot even blame the gm for his lack of talent because he put the roster together when he was the gm...................no more mikes please! lol

549258[/snapback]

so he put together a playoff roster, but he sucks because the pack suffered about 6,000 injuries this year? Never mind the fact that they were down to the point of calling up local green bay high schoolers to play RB by seasons end. :unsure:

so he put together a playoff roster, but he sucks because the pack suffered about 6,000 injuries this year? Never mind the fact that they were down to the point of calling up local green bay high schoolers to play RB by seasons end. :unsure:

549259[/snapback]

[/quote

well green bay did let their two best offensive lineman go this offseason.i think mike was all about living off of the legend of brett.lets see him coach without a hall of fame quarterback,and not in buffalo lol

I really don't know enough about him, but his record sure looks great.

550109[/snapback]

GB had their share of FA defections and injuries. I'm surprised that Sherman got axed. Perhaps it was something internal, a personal issue. Those things happen in every business...

In his six years or whatever it was, they had only one losing season. That's pretty good IMO. Curious firing...