fluitie drop kicked....lmao

Johnny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flutie's drop kick was pretty good...But I am more amazed that the film from the LAST drop kick in 1941 was found...

Then in the press conference Bellichek (SP?) gave kudos the Chris Berman for mentioning Flutie's drop kicks in the CFL....

I remember fooling around in HS football practice with drop kicking...We used to have contests between the old fashioned straight on kickers and the new soccer style kicking.... Geesh that was a LONG time ago, since the soccer style kicking was just starting.....

Damn I am old.....

Why not just kick the extra point, then?  Why the stupid circus act?  Anyone else but "genius" calls that play and people call it a BS play.  The Dolphins certainly didn't consider it a scrimmage.  It was a crap play to anyone who isn't a Pats fan.

547358[/snapback]

Exactly! Billy B. won't find it so funny when Jacksonville tries the same thing when they have a 21 point fourth quarter lead on the Pats. I'm kind of shocked that Miami wasn't bothered by that dog and pony show!

Exactly!  Billy B. won't find it so funny when Jacksonville tries the same thing when they have a 21 point fourth quarter lead on the Pats.  I'm kind of shocked that Miami wasn't bothered by that dog and pony show!

548473[/snapback]

Uh.....Miami was WINNING THE GAME. ;):lol::lol:

How do you draw any comparison between that situation and doing it as an insult while blowing a team out?

That people are worked up about this because of their hatred of the Pats or Flutie or whatever is really pathetic.

First NE had no time outs left, it was Miami that called the time out. Second if I was Saban I would be owrried that my first team offense and defense almost lost to NE 2nd and 3rd stringers. I thought the drop kick was OK, evryone will remeber that for Flutie. NE coaching staff was smart to get out of the game with no injuies. NE beat Pitt in Pitt but came out of the game with a lot of injuries. I think this is a smart move. the steelers will beat Cinn then play Indy. NE should beat JAX and go onto Denver. If the Steelers beats Indy and NE beats Denver then NE gets the home game. That is a lot of ifs but he looks to me like smart coaching to me.

KD - I don't think people are all that pissed off about the play itself (I do think it is sort of funny). But I certainly think that at minimum it shows that the pats really didn't care too much about winning the game, and very likely that they didn't want to win the game.

Uh.....Miami was WINNING THE GAME.  :unsure:  :)  :D

How do you draw any comparison between that situation and doing it as an insult while blowing a team out?

That people are worked up about this because of their hatred of the Pats or Flutie or whatever is really pathetic.

548494[/snapback]

Why was it done then? I realize that Miami was winnng, but the game was meaningless! Let's have some fun since the Dolphins are out of contention and we're in the playoffs.

Why was it done then?  I realize that Miami was winnng, but the game was meaningless!  Let's have some fun since the Dolphins are out of contention and we're in the playoffs.

549688[/snapback]

ahh but the game was NOT meaningless and if you read the thread from top to bottom you will understand why they could do something no one has done since 1941..........simply put.....they didnt care to get the point..........they would rather lose the game than face pittsburgh

anyone who followed my brilliant observation that cincinnati would lose purposely and that there is a possibility (i wasnt quite sure but when catching 7 it was sure a nice bet) that new england would lose purposely.........is a whole lot richer today than last week