OT - Browns to fire GM Savage

DCgirl

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Browns have gotten how much better under Savage's tenure?

545835[/snapback]

Yeah! I mean, after all, he's been there a whole year and has gotten rid of 28 players from last season and had a fairly decent draft.

That's more than enough time to fully ASSess him as a general manager.

That's more than enough time to fully ASSess him as a general manager.

545837[/snapback]

:lol:

Yes, I guess you are right R Rich. I guess it is as easy to judge GMs after one year as it is to evaluate the future success of a QB after 8 career starts. Well, at least from this side of the computer screen, eh?.

:D

:lol:

Yes, I guess you are right R Rich. I guess it is as easy to judge GMs after one year as it is to evaluate the future success of a QB after 8 career starts. Well, at least from this side of the computer screen, eh?.

:D

545839[/snapback]

Add in a chorus of "we need to upgrade the offensive lines" Eric, and you can join our flock.

If you put Brees in front of the Bills current OL he would play just like JP. So, I would not give up anything.

545854[/snapback]

Never mind. You're in.

So when do the "I saw Phil Savage at the Buffalo Airport" posts start?

545774[/snapback]

Ah yes, let the rumours abound of savage's arrival in Buffalo. Crazy thing is that he has only been in Cleveland one year!!! He definitely had a knack for making some great draft picks in baltimore like ed reed and ray lewis.

Salary Cap Philosophy? Savage/Newsome/Billick had to do a purge after the super bowl win--wonder if he wanted to load up in Cleveland and Lerner/Collins didn't want to spend the money...I mean they are spending cap money on stunt rider Evil Winslow...

Salary Cap Philosophy?  Savage/Newsome/Billick had to do a purge after the super bowl win--wonder if he wanted to load up in Cleveland and Lerner/Collins didn't want to spend the money...I mean they are spending cap money on stunt rider Evil Winslow...

545883[/snapback]

I recall just about everyone wanting Winslow in Buffalo that draft so bad they could taste it. Just goes to show skills arent everything...gotta have a head and at least some brains to make it in the NFL. BTW it makes me wonder if Soulja boy got some training wheels from Santa this year

As for the Super Bowl purge...well at least they made it to the Super Bowl and by the looks of things that's all most people in Buffalo want, Win right now and we'll worry about tomorrow then.

As for the Super Bowl purge...well at least they made it to the Super Bowl and by the looks of things that's all most people in Buffalo want, Win right now and we'll worry about tomorrow then.

545888[/snapback]

Yep--there is definitely some merit to the "load up" philosophy...just wondering what could cause such a rift on this subject. Seems like something one would cover in the interview process..

If this is true (and there is some question as to whether it is, according to the Browns' flagship radio station), then the Browns will regret this move.

Sad, really. Apparently, it all comes down to a power struggle between Collins and Savage.

Fire Collins instead. :lol:

Mike

I bet you were all wondering when I would chime in... :D

Edited by buckeyemike

Yep--there is definitely some merit to the "load up" philosophy...just wondering what could cause such a rift on this subject.  Seems like something one would cover in the interview process..

545894[/snapback]

Tru tru....you would think that drafting and management philosophies would come up in a job interview like that...somewhere between, "What drugs have you used," and "Tell me why I should pick you over the other candidates" you would think that would be asked.

My husband (a diehard Browns fan) is livid.  He said his board is going crazy.

I have to admit - this seems like a pretty suspect decision on the part of the Browns.

See link.

545770[/snapback]

Savage would be a great candidate to replace Donahoe.

Get -er done Ralph....

Was he the guy that got rid of their entire defensive line to Denver which allowed the Broncos to be third in the league against the run this season and the Browns to be 29th?

545950[/snapback]

Bastard ! Quit trying to flatten the tires of this bandwagon. :lol:

Was he the guy that got rid of their entire defensive line to Denver which allowed the Broncos to be third in the league against the run this season and the Browns to be 29th?

545950[/snapback]

The players they got rid of where 43 lineman not 34 lineman that Romeo wanted. At least that's how I am viewing it with today's rose colored glasses :lol: