Where will Mike Martz end up?

If somebody can convince Martz to come in and run an offense, that team will have an astonishing offense. He is a lousy head coach. He hires his buddies to run the defense, and pretty much ignores special teams. He drafts worse than you can possibly imagine, taking whomever he wants whenever he wants, doesn't matter that a guy is valued as a 5th rounder, he'll take him in the 2nd. One year he wasted an early 4th round pick on a guy about whom he said, "I guarantee NOBODY knows this guy!!" why draft him?

But I remember in Martz's first year, Trent Green went down for the year in Pre Season. I immediately drafted Kurt Warner onto my Fantasy team. Won going away.

He's turned Bulger into a highly rated passer.

Al Davis may take a flyer at him as a coach. He'd turn that thing around....offensively anyway.

If a team has a strong GM who can take any personnel decisions away from Martz, and Martz has to stay away from the defense and special teams, they will have a great offense for years.

I wonder where he'll go.

A better question is, "Is Mike Martz willing to take a job other than HC?"

If he is willing to take a role as an OC, that team would be very lucky in having a great offensive mind.

But I think you are right...I would not be suprised in the least to see Oakland take a shot at Martz at HC.

Martz IS and offensive genius, with particular accent on "offensive." His ego is too great for him to settle for anything other than a HC'ing gig, at least for the short-term (a few years of not working at all might change his mind). But he COULD land a HC'ing gig in Oakland. I just think he'd have to prove that he's 100% again first.