MNF on ABC & ESPN Primetime...the end of an era

LabattBlue

This is it for MNF on ABC. Dandy Don will be back for one more chorus of "Turn out the lights, the party's over".

I also believe that we only have one more week of Sunday ESPN PrimeTime left. Does anyone know why the NFL is yanking PrimeTime off ESPN? Is it because NBC will be having their own version of this on Sunday evening before their game?

This is it for MNF on ABC.  Dandy Don will be back for one more chorus of "Turn out the lights, the party's over".

I also believe that we only have one more week of Sunday ESPN PrimeTime left.  Does anyone know why the NFL is yanking PrimeTime off ESPN?  Is it because NBC will be having their own version of this on Sunday evening before their game?

542687[/snapback]

The party was over a while ago. The next step would have been seeing him do the games with his head in a jar.

He had his run and a good one it was. But it should have ended long before now.

This is it for MNF on ABC.  Dandy Don will be back for one more chorus of "Turn out the lights, the party's over".

I also believe that we only have one more week of Sunday ESPN PrimeTime left.   Does anyone know why the NFL is yanking PrimeTime off ESPN?  Is it because NBC will be having their own version of this on Sunday evening before their game?

542687[/snapback]

I really hate this move by the NFL. It is a shame that MNF will not be on free tv anymore. While it is true most people have cable, or satalite, I still hate it. I think NBC will do a great job with the MNF games (Madden will be on NBC now!), it is ESPN I don't trust. I just remember, back in the 80's and early 90's, working Monday nights, we always had a little tv in the corner, with bad reception, with the MNF game. Everyone would take break together to watch, trying to time it out with what point it was in the game. It really is the end of an era....

As far as Prime Time goes, I think the agreement was that NBC would have a similar highligths show on, before their Sunday night broadcast. The contract says that no other network can have air a similar NFL highlights show, before the end of the broadcast of their game on Sunday night. I suspect, that ESPN will still have some sort of highlight show to either air around midnight on Sundays, or before their Monday night game. It just won't be as prominent, because the highlights will have aired dozens of times by then. I know, we will all adjust, I just hate to see this change...

My problem with moving the"marquee" game to Sunday night is that, as much as I love the game, 3 games on Sunday is a little too self indulgent for me. As it is right now, I watch the Bills every week, most of the second game, if it is an interesting matchup, and the ESPN Sunday night game is normally a "option" game for me. If it a good mathcup, I watch most of it, but if it is a crummy matchup (which ESPN normally seems to get) I watch from about middle of the third quarter on...

Yes!!!!!!  No more Berman!!!

542854[/snapback]

Oh, don't worry, Berman will be a big part of the ESPN coverage next year. Just read in the USA TODAY that there will, in fact, be a PRIME TIME-like show, on ESPN to air on Monday afternoons, and then again after the Monday night game. Also, the Monday night games will have a 7:40pm kick-off, eastern time. Apparently, ESPN is going to go wall to wall football on Mondays! I might have to start using some of that sick time next fall!

Anyway, aside from the nick-name schtick, I think Berman does a pretty good job on football...he should be kept away from other sports! He obviously loves the NFL!

Oh, don't worry, Berman will be a big part of the ESPN coverage next year.  Just read in the USA TODAY that there will, in fact, be a PRIME TIME-like show, on ESPN to air on Monday afternoons, and then again after the Monday night game.  Also, the Monday night games will have a 7:40pm kick-off, eastern time.  Apparently, ESPN is going to go wall to wall football on Mondays!  I might have to start using some of that sick time next fall!

Anyway, aside from the nick-name schtick, I think Berman does a pretty good job on football...he should be kept away from other sports!  He obviously loves the NFL!

542858[/snapback]

I am pretty sure that is 8.40 eastern.Ya know, since the ticket came in 96 or so, MNF has really lost its allure to me.Sunday, Monday, Thursday,all night games really do not care. Bout the only night games I watch are when it involves an AFC team that somehow could have an impact on the Bills playoff chances, so its been awile since i've actually wtached a non-bills night game :lol: