My choice for Bills next HC...

KOKBILLS

Now keep in mind...I'm a HUGE Michigan Fan, so there obviously has to be some thought put into this recommendation...I could get killed for this 0:) ...But this is the type of HC, the type of personality and philosophy that I see when I look at profiling the Bills Needs from their on-the-field Leader...More than anything I'm looking at philosopy and the Leadership abilities to get every Player to buy into said philosophy...

Call it a hunch...I don't know...that's all it really is...

I also like Kirk Ferentz and Jeff Tedford...but there is something about Tressel's personality I see working in the NFL dispite the obvious lack of experience...No question Tressel would have to surround himself with quality Coordinators...but at least the Bills already have the ST's Coordinator in house...It's a start...

BTW...I think Saban is proof positive that you can find the right guy in the College ranks...Not saying it's easy...And certainly not saying Tressel has Saban's Resume...Then again, I kinda doubt Ralph would pay for a guy who was as sought after as Saban was anyway...

K flame away... ;)

Tressel Bio

Now keep in mind...I'm a HUGE Michigan Fan, so there obviously has to be some thought put into this recommendation...I could get killed for this  ;) ...But this is the type of HC, the type of personality and philosophy that I see when I look at profiling the Bills Needs from their on-the-field Leader...More than anything I'm looking at philosopy and the Leadership abilities to get every Player to buy into said philosophy...

I also like Kirk Ferentz and Jeff Tedford...but there is something about Tressel's personality I see working in the NFL dispite the obvious lack of experience...No question Tressel would have to surround himself with quality Coordinators...but at least the Bills already have the ST's Coordinator in house...It's a start...

BTW...I think Saban is proof positive that you can find the right guy in the College ranks...Not saying it's easy...And certainly not saying Tressel has Saban's Resume...Then again, I kinda doubt Ralph would pay for a guy who was as sought after as Saban was anyway...

K flame away... :angry:

Tressel Bio

542328[/snapback]

No flame from me KoK...the Tressel family is renowned around NE Ohio..father Lee Tressl was a legendary coach at the Division 3 level at Baldwin Wallace and is in the College Football Hall of fame (Lee Tressel). Older brother Dick is now on the OSU staff but was also a fine Division 3 football coach in St. Paul at Hamline..

I got to know Dick and his wife Connie some when we lived in the Twin Cities in the early 90's...Looks like their sons have continued the Tressel football tradition (Dick Tressel Bio)

Now keep in mind...I'm a HUGE Michigan Fan, so there obviously has to be some thought put into this recommendation...I could get killed for this  ;) ...But this is the type of HC, the type of personality and philosophy that I see when I look at profiling the Bills Needs from their on-the-field Leader...More than anything I'm looking at philosopy and the Leadership abilities to get every Player to buy into said philosophy...

Tressel Bio

542328[/snapback]

what has saban proven

no ncaa coaches as arguably the ncaa's best in spurrier failed miserably in the nfl to go along with erikcson the guy that coached cleveland and the guy at usc who coached new england.....good college coaches are just that...good college coaches.

what has saban proven

no ncaa coaches as arguably the ncaa's best in spurrier failed miserably in the nfl to go along with erikcson the guy that coached cleveland and the guy at usc who coached new england.....good college coaches are just that...good college coaches.

542377[/snapback]

What has Saban proven? With that Team are you kidding me? A guaranteed .500 record with a Team half the world picked to be the worst Team in the NFL...Not to mention a Team that starts Gus Frerotte at QB...I'm not saying Saban is the next Belichick...but he can Coach in this League...

And the rest of those names you threw out further prove my point...You need a certain type of personality and philosophy to cross over...I never said all College Coaches are qualified...What I did say is that you can find the right HC in College if you do your Homework...Never said it was easy...And IMHO Tressel is much better suited to the NFL than Davis, Erikson, or Spurrier...His philosophy is Ball Control and play tough Defense...And his players buy in to it exceptionally well...I think the guy is different, and not the norm as far as good College Coaches are concerned...I'm looking for a specific type of Leader...Not the flavor of the Month... :angry:

BTW...I think Saban is proof positive that you can find the right guy in the College anks...Not saying it's easy...And certainly not saying Tressel has Saban's Resume...Then again, I kinda doubt Ralph would pay for a guy who was as sought after as Saban was anyway...

Tressel Bio

542328[/snapback]

One can't fault Tressel for not getting players into the pros.

" 2003 BUCKEYES BOUNTIFUL IN THE NFL

Of Ohio State's starters in its national title game victory over the Miami Hurricanes in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, 19 are on NFL rosters:

OFFENSE

Pos. Name NFL team

SE Michael Jenkins Falcons

LT Rob Sims None (OSU Sr.)

LG Adrien Clarke Eagles

C Alex Stepanovich Cardinals

RG Bryce Bishop None

RT Shane Olivea Chargers

TE Ben Hartsock Colts

FL Chris Gamble Panthers

QB Craig Krenzel Bengals

TB Maurice Clarett Broncos

FB Brandon Joe None

PK Mike Nugent Jets

DEFENSE

Pos. Name NFL team

RE Will Smith Saints

DT Tim Anderson Bills

DT Kenny Peterson Packers

LE Darrion Scott Vikings

LB Cie Grant Saints

LB Matt Wilhelm Chargers

LB Rob Reynolds Titans

CB Dustin Fox Vikings

CB Chris Gamble Panthers

FS Donnie Nickey Titans

SS Mike Doss Colts

P Andy Groom Redskins"

Pretty darn good...

Now keep in mind...I'm a HUGE Michigan Fan, so there obviously has to be some thought put into this recommendation...I could get killed for this  :D ...But this is the type of HC, the type of personality and philosophy that I see when I look at profiling the Bills Needs from their on-the-field Leader...More than anything I'm looking at philosopy and the Leadership abilities to get every Player to buy into said philosophy...

K flame away... ;)

Tressel Bio

542328[/snapback]

Though I went to Purdue, I've lived in Ann Arbor & also am a Michigan fan... I think you just want to go back to beating State again. :angry: He would not be my first choice, but I'd take him over MM in a heartbeat. ;)

What has Saban proven? With that Team are you kidding me? A guaranteed .500 record with a Team half the world picked to be the worst Team in the NFL...Not to mention a Team that starts Gus Frerotte at QB...I'm not saying Saban is the next Belichick...but he can Coach in this League...

Mularkey took the Bills to a 9-7 record as a rookie HC last year. It didn't mean much THIS year.

And as for hoping the Bills get Tressel, yeah I'm sure him being gone from OSU would be REAL heart-breaking for you. :angry:

"Mularkey took the Bills to a 9-7 record as a rookie HC last year. It didn't mean much THIS year."

So....you don't think Saban has done a good job? Or are you expecting him to pull a Mularkey next year?

Would you take Nick Saban as the Bills Head Coach over MM ?

Saban is instilling a system that the Fins are buying into.....the future looks good for the Fins. His draft picks are playing.....and playing well. Another off-season can only make the Fins better.

I'm not here to tell you how great the Fins or Saban are....but, the general consensus around the NFL "know it alls" and talkin' heads are that Saban has done a GREAT job as a 1st year head coach.

"Mularkey took the Bills to a 9-7 record as a rookie HC last year.  It didn't mean much THIS year."

So....you don't think Saban has done a good job?  Or are you expecting him to pull a Mularkey next year? 

Would you take Nick Saban as the Bills Head Coach over MM ?

Saban is instilling a system that the Fins are buying into.....the future looks good for the Fins.  His draft picks are playing.....and playing well.  Another off-season can only make the Fins better.

I'm not here to tell you how great the Fins or Saban are....but, the general consensus around the NFL "know it alls" and talkin' heads are that Saban has done a GREAT job as a 1st year head coach.

Saban is sure more overhyped than Mularkey was. And last year there weren't great expectations for the Bills, yet they were the final game away from the playoffs, not out of it with 3 weeks left in the season. Maybe Saban WILL be a great HC. But based on personal experience, you cannot tell that after 1 year.

that could be ok,on a sidenote did you read how joe gibbs sat the team down 5 weeks ago and had to reevaulate his team.he wanted to know what kind of offense he had.and now they are running the ball.i wonder if mike ever sat down and thought about the idenity of our offense?

that could be ok,on a sidenote did you read how joe gibbs sat the team down 5 weeks ago and had to reevaulate his team.he wanted to know what kind of offense he had.and now they are running the ball.i wonder if mike ever sat down and thought about the idenity of our offense?

542479[/snapback]

Good point... :angry:

Saban is sure more overhyped than Mularkey was.  And last year there weren't great expectations for the Bills, yet they were the final game away from the playoffs, not out of it with 3 weeks left in the season.  Maybe Saban WILL be a great HC.  But based on personal experience, you cannot tell that after 1 year.

542469[/snapback]

Overhyped?... :angry: ...I don't know where you get that...No one is saying he's going to Win a Super Bowl, and no one is saying he'll be the next Lombardi either...

What is crystal clear is the fact that Saban has taken a 4-12 Team, in an admitted rebuilding year, and improved them by a minimum of 4 wins...If you think for one second I am comfortable throwing praise at the Miami Dolphins HC...well...I'm not...It sickens me to be honest...

But somehow, some way, Saban armed with Gus Frerotte and a VERY average talent base is going on the Road and BEATING San Diego...That's right, he beat them...he did not get blown out by 40 points or whatever it was...He beat them...Somehow he's getting an Offensive Line that was thought to be possibly the worst in the NFL to Run Block...All these things are fact, 1st year or not...

And Saban IS a winner and he IS a good HC...No he has not proven that in the NFL yet, and yes it's obviously different in College...But he did not just win in College, he won a National Championship...And he won that National Championship with a philosophy in teamwork...Anyone remember who LSU's Starting QB was that year?

It was Matt Mauck...Saban can Coach...It is not hype...I wish that's all it was...Believe me I do... ;)

the reason I see Tressel not being a Bills coach is simple, First off, there are storied Franchises in the NFL, they can get great college coaches to go into the NFL from rather large programs, the Dolphins for one. Dolphins have a long history. The Cowboys can get a coach out of retirement, do you think that we could have gotten BP to come out of retirement. 2nd money, I am sure that Tressel is paid well. the Bills underpay coaches and are unwilling to pay 2-3 million a year for a coach.

I like Vermeil, he has done it before, he is loved by our defensive leader, and the love could spread, soon they'll all be yelling we love Dick. Players play hard for dick :angry:

Another off-season can only make the Fins better.

542451[/snapback]

Isn't that what we said about MM and the Bills a year ago? Their five-win streak has come over a bunch of sad sacks:

Week 12: Beat Oakland (4-11) 33-21

Week 13: Beat Buffalo (5-10) 24-23

Week 14: Beat San Diego (9-6) 23-21

Week 15: Beat NY Jets (3-11) 24-20

Week 16: Beat Tennessee (4-11) 24-10

Combine Win-Loss of Last Five Opponents: 25-49 (0.338)

One win over a marginally good team is not much different than the Bills did during their streak last year. If you want to point to something positive, the Fins wins over Denver in Week 1 and Carolina in Week 3 are a lot more impressive.

Let's see what the schedule maker for 2006 throws at Sabin before we judge him a success....