My choice for Bills next HC...

KOKBILLS

Isn't that what we said about MM and the Bills a year ago?  Their five-win streak has come over a bunch of sad sacks:

Week 12:  Beat Oakland (4-11) 33-21

Week 13:  Beat Buffalo (5-10) 24-23

Week 14:  Beat San Diego (9-6) 23-21

Week 15:  Beat NY Jets (3-11) 24-20

Week 16:  Beat Tennessee (4-11)  24-10

Combine Win-Loss of Last Five Opponents:  25-49 (0.338)

One win over a marginally good team is not much different than the Bills did during their streak last year.  If you want to point to something positive, the Fins wins over Denver in Week 1 and Carolina in Week 3 are a lot more impressive.

Let's see what the schedule maker for 2006 throws at Sabin before we judge him a success....

542648[/snapback]

I agree...but I also think it's a tad bit of wishful thinking based on what has happened with our beloved Bills...

I just look at Miami's roster and ask...How can they not improve based on their current talent? Most definitely they could take a 180 degree turn like the Bills did this year...I certainly hope they do...But my gut tells me they will be better...We'll see... :angry:

By drafting and handing the keys to a young QB and watching him struggle to learn as they usually do.  :angry:

542692[/snapback]

Like I said before...I'd like nothing better than to see those Fish fall flat on their face...I just think based on what I see...objectively...it's a whole lot of wishful thinking at this point...Not that they are going to be Super Bowl Contenders any time soon...But I think they will be formitable for years to come from this point on...Good God I hope I'm wrong... ;)

By drafting and handing the keys to a young QB and watching him struggle to learn as they usually do.  :lol:

542692[/snapback]

That could very very well be true, BUT Saban has THE top o-line coach and he doesn't have the interference that the front office is providing for Buffalo. Saban is building his T-E-A-M from the inside out, well he is at least doing a hell of a lot better consistancy wise than donahoe has done in the last 5 years:

Two HC's (2 Rookies), four Offensive Coordinators (2 Rookies), 4 Offensive Systems (1 unknown from this year), 2-3 Defensive Coordinators (1 Rookie), 3 Defensive Systems (Williams, LeBeau, Gray), and how many o-line coaches???? 5 o-line coaches (if Verducci is included).

I realize that we are talking coaches, but in Buffalo's case, donahoe micromanages the head coaching position; therefore, he can be classified as the head coach.

Though I went to Purdue, I've lived in Ann Arbor & also am a Michigan fan... I think you just want to go back to beating State again. :lol: He would not be my first choice, but I'd take him over MM in a heartbeat. :huh:

542403[/snapback]

Yeah, I haven't heard anything here in Columbus about Tressel leaving. I'm a Michigan fan also but Tressel is definetly an upgrade over MM but I'd rather have a guy who is a proven winner in the NFL like Vermeil

Yeah, I haven't heard anything here in Columbus about Tressel leaving. I'm a Michigan fan also but Tressel is definetly an upgrade over MM but I'd rather have a guy who is a proven winner in the NFL like Vermeil

542893[/snapback]

I don't know where all this Vermeil talk is coming from...I assumed he would retire for good if he left the Chiefs...After all, did he not go there mainly because he was good friends with the Owner? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong...Plus...can you really handle all the crying? :huh:

I would like a proven NFL winner also...but those HC's don't grow on trees and they usually want HUGE deals...That's why I figure if you get a TOP notch College guy, with the right attitude and philosophy who has won a National Championship, it may just be the best option for the Bills...

Like I said, it's just a hunch abourt Tressel...I definitely think he has the make-up to be a great NFL Coach...No facts to back it up as far as his interest is concerned......I think the Bills could get him interested REAL quick though...Make him and offer he can't refuse... :lol:

Now keep in mind...I'm a HUGE Michigan Fan, so there obviously has to be some thought put into this recommendation...I could get killed for this  :huh: ...But this is the type of HC, the type of personality and philosophy that I see when I look at profiling the Bills Needs from their on-the-field Leader...More than anything I'm looking at philosopy and the Leadership abilities to get every Player to buy into said philosophy...

Call it a hunch...I don't know...that's all it really is...

I also like Kirk Ferentz and Jeff Tedford...but there is something about Tressel's personality I see working in the NFL dispite the obvious lack of experience...No question Tressel would have to surround himself with quality Coordinators...but at least the Bills already have the ST's Coordinator in house...It's a start...

BTW...I think Saban is proof positive that you can find the right guy in the College ranks...Not saying it's easy...And certainly not saying Tressel has Saban's Resume...Then again, I kinda doubt Ralph would pay for a guy who was as sought after as Saban was anyway...

K flame away... :lol:

Tressel Bio

542328[/snapback]

I think he would be a great choice KO. Tressel's system and philosophies seem like a perfect fit for this Bills team. He might not be the best X's and O's guy, but he get's the most out of his players, and it seems like Ohio State is always winning the close games.

Perhaps nothing else is a better indicator of this then the complete reversal of Ohio States fortune in the Michigan series. Cooper couldn't win, and Tressel can't lose, and for those that think it's because of talent those 90's Ohio State teams were dominant against everybody else besides Michigan. Tressel just knows how to get the most out of his players, and at the NFL level that’s usually the best quality a coach can have.

I think he would be a great choice KO. Tressel's system and philosophies seem like a perfect fit for this Bills team. He might not be the best X's and O's guy, but he get's the most out of his players, and it seems like Ohio State is always winning the close games. 

Perhaps nothing else is a better indicator of this then the complete reversal of Ohio States fortune in the Michigan series. Cooper couldn't win, and Tressel can't lose, and for those that think it's because of talent those 90's Ohio State teams were dominant against everybody else besides Michigan. Tressel just knows how to get the most out of his players, and at the NFL level that’s usually the best quality a coach can have.

542974[/snapback]

Thanks Bro...My feelings exactly about the guy...

The other thought I had...and I know this is some REAL out-of-the-box stuff...but I was thinking we have had 2 Coaching Staffs who have got there rear ends handed to them by Belichick...I mean it's embarassing...I know they are the SB Champs and a great, great Team...but they have just smoked the Bills beyond their greatness...if that makes sense...

I think the Michigan/Ohio St. thing is similar in a way...Tressel came in and brought a belief with him that somehow OSU could wipe the Michigan dominance away...Not only has he done it, but he's turned it around 180...Now, as a Michigan Fan, I don't think for a second that Carr has a chance at out-coaching Tressel...not a chance....And I hate it...But it tells me Tressel is a special Coach...He gets his Players to buy in and believe... And I think that is exactly what the Bills need... :lol: