Jason Peters

Frez

He deserves RT money. I thought he played very well today. He seems to get better every week. I'd bet money he could play LT very very well.

Last I heard he refused a contract extension from the Bills. It was probably a low ball offer.

not out of here, just that he didn't sign an extension that was offered to him. That doesn't mean much to me yet because I'm sure we low-balled him with the first offer, if he continues to play well and gets better I'm sure whoever our GM is they will get more serious with the talks. Just my opinion though.

He deserves RT money. I thought he played very well today. He seems to get better every week. I'd bet money he could play LT very very well.

Last I heard he refused a contract extension from the Bills. It was probable a low ball offer.

My thought exactly

that boy does play a nice right tackle. one thing i noticed today is that he does a very nice job zone blocking-unfortunately when he released justin smith it often led to a sack. the other thing he does better than anybody else on this offensive line is continue to the second level-he consistently gets down the field to his second assignment -even on the goal line where everyone else failed-peters did his job then took care of somebody else. one on one, zone blocks, picking up stunts-this guy did well today-they should pay him what he's worth and lock him up for the long term. he is a special talent with the chance to become great. focus on this guy rather than the o-line as a whole and you will see how good he is. i watched him specifically since he is the only starting OL that i see with a future on this team. he picked up stunts, played to the second level, and played to the whistle like no one else. he was clearly the best o-lineman on the team today. he picked up stunts perfectly, and was precise on zone blocking assignments. the haters on this board can mock all they want, but jason peters is a good right tackle now, and may become great-an opportunity that exists only for him among this group.

that boy does play a nice right tackle.  one thing i noticed today is that he does a very nice job zone blocking-unfortunately when he released justin smith it often led to a sack.  the other thing he does better than anybody else on this offensive line is continue to the second level-he consistently gets down the field to his second assignment -even on the goal line where everyone else failed-peters did his job then took care of somebody else.  one on one, zone blocks, picking up stunts-this guy did well today-they should pay him what he's worth and lock him up for the long term.  he is a special talent with the chance to become great.  focus on this guy rather than the o-line as a whole and you will see how good he is.  i watched him specifically since he is the only starting OL that i see with a future on this team.  he picked up stunts, played to the second level, and played to the whistle like no one else.  he was clearly the best o-lineman on the team today.  he picked up stunts perfectly, and was precise on zone blocking assignments.  the haters on this board can mock all they want, but jason peters is a good right tackle now, and may become great-an opportunity that exists only for him among this group.

542147[/snapback]

On third down prior to the game winning FG, Peters created a huge hole that McGahee should have cut back and waltzed thru for a TD, but Willis missed the hole.

That seems to happen too much to Willis. With a good line Willis could put up huge numbers, but he often appears to lack the instincts of a great runner.

Peters is the only good offensive lineman the Bills have on the field right now. As mediocre as Mike Williams is, they would be much better off now and long term if MW was at RT and Peters at LT. Right now, the team has 4 OL starting with no future with this team. It's scary to think how many years of excuses this team is still going to be able to make before they can't blame their blocking failure on lack of experience together.

On third down prior to the game winning FG,  Peters created a huge hole that McGahee should have cut back and waltzed thru for a TD, but Willis missed the hole.

That seems to happen too much to Willis.  With a good line Willis could put up huge numbers, but he often appears to lack the instincts of a great runner.

Peters is the only good offensive lineman the Bills have on the field right now.  As mediocre as Mike Williams is, they would be much better off now and long term if MW was at RT and Peters at LT.  Right now, the team has 4 OL starting with no future with this team.  It's scary to think how many years of excuses this team is still going to be able to make before they can't blame their blocking failure on lack of experience together.

542153[/snapback]

I couldnt agree with you even one percent more. you are absolutely, unequivocally correct. peters is the only starting caliber o-lineman we have. the atrocious play of the rest of the line is masking the good to very good play of peters. just wanted to make that point, as there are far too many that would like to get rid of him too, since he has attracted attention, and plays on a line that sucks. he has played well, despite the results of the offensive line as a whole.

I still think that Gandy can be a good player at OG, and hold-out hope that Preston will be a good center. I think the lack of a good/great center (Teague just never did it for me) has been a big problem for the Bills over the past few years. And if Preston isn't the answer at center, sign one in FA and play Preston at OG.

Peters at LT

Gandy at LG

Bently at OC

Preston at RG

Williams at RT

It will make for minimal upheaval and with Williams restructing his contract, it will create the necessary money to sign LeCharles, leaving the extra cap money to fill some defensive holes.

Peters at LT

Gandy at LG

Bently at OC

Preston at RG

Williams at RT

It will make for minimal upheaval and with Williams restructing his contract, it will create the necessary money to sign LeCharles, leaving the extra cap money to fill some defensive holes.

I'd take that O-line except for Williams. He doesn't deserve a restructuring-he requires a paycut. But he'll likely refuse. Moreover he's not a good starting RT. Time to admit he was a mistake and move on.

Peters at LT

Gandy at LG

Bently at OC

Preston at RG

Williams at RT

542181[/snapback]

I believe Marcus McNeil will last to the 2nd rd

McNeil LT

GandyLG

BentleyOC

Prestonrg

Petersrt

Our guards right now are horrible. I'd like to do a little better then gandy and preston, but at least they're a little more mobile then the 2 current guards and would probably be able to pull. Bentley is a huge upgrade from teague, and having a hard nosed center is a must in any good oline. I'm not sure about peters at LT right now. I'm not saying he can't make the transition but it's not an easy one. Marcus McNeil is a nasty road grader who opened up holes for the likes of Ronnie Brown and Caddilac Williams at Auburn.

I believe Marcus McNeil will last to the 2nd rd

McNeil LT

GandyLG

BentleyOC

Prestonrg

Petersrt

Our guards right now are horrible.  I'd like to do a little better then gandy and preston, but at least they're a little more mobile then the 2 current guards and would probably be able to pull.  Bentley is a huge upgrade from teague, and having a hard nosed center is a must in any good oline.  I'm not sure about peters at LT right now.  I'm not saying he can't make the transition but it's not an easy one.  Marcus McNeil is a nasty road grader who opened up holes for the likes of Ronnie Brown and Caddilac Williams at Auburn.

542184[/snapback]

That's as in both guards. Villerial looks shot to me. I watched him get knocked around quite a bit today and in those goal lines situations, when push is paramount, he consistently got knocked backwards, or so it seemed to me.

the way Preston played the other week, I don't feel he is going to be a starting guard in the NFL, nor center, this was another TD reach. Love LeCharles Bentley, he is an anchor. I could see moving gandy inside, he a good athlete (at guard, not so much at LT) and as for Marcus McNeill, my feeling is he is not going to amount to much in the NFL, he is similar to Williams, but not as strong or as athletic. But like Williams he lacks heart. Give Williams a pay cut and a 2nd chance next year. I would still love to Sign Jon Runyan, and place him at RT, with Williams moving to RG.

With the Williams restructuring, it is a pay cut because he isn't going to see $10 mil. McNeil is not that good at and you will not see him drafted even in the 2nd, over-hyped. We need to be more athletic on the line and Mike is a good road grader at RT, JP is a more athletic LT than a road grader, which is what is usually on the right side. Preston will be a strong guy next year after being in the off season program for his first off season and Gandy is a HUGE upgrade from BA. We can also look to get Max-Gilles or Joseph in the 2nd round and let the best ones play. I would still draft 2 OL and 2 DL this year and upgrade as much as you can.

Peters at LT

Gandy at LG

Bently at OC

Preston at RG

Williams at RT

542181[/snapback]

I'm for putting Gandy as our top backup OT. I would like to see us get someone else at LG.