The players don't like Losman?

seq004

I've read on another board cough, cough, that the players can't stand JP. Has anyone else heard that? I just hope that this is not the reason MM played Kelly today. It was nice to see Kelly play well but I really don't see the reasoning unless JP is REALLY hurt. I read that the players think he's to arrogant for a first year player. I recall a bunch of veterans saying the same thing about Jim his first couple years in Buffalo and I think he turned out OK ;)

If they don't like him, they can go play someplace else.

Cincinnati could have stuck with Kitna when they started coming on a couple years ago, but stuck it out until the light went on for Palmer, and look where they are not- even after today's loss.

I think it may take Lossman significantly longer than Palmer- he's a lot more raw coming out of college, but it will be worth the wait

If they don't like him, they can go play someplace else.

Cincinnati could have stuck with Kitna when they started coming on a couple years ago, but stuck it out until the light went on for Palmer, and look where they are not- even after today's loss.

I think it may take Lossman significantly longer than Palmer- he's a lot more raw coming out of college, but it will be worth the wait

541914[/snapback]

Problem with this theory, if it's a theory, is that losman hasn't proven that he can be even a serviceable backup in this league, while palmer has proven that he's a winner.

I still suspect that JP is a coach killer. I hope it's not true, but he shows classic signs of being a good practice QB. He doesn't do the most important things well:

> He doesn't see the field well.

> He doesn't have good accuracy.

> He overracts to pressure, be it real or phantom.

> He doesn't exhibit good decision making under duress or in critical situations.

I'll be patient with him, but it's obvious that Holcomb should have started this season and who knows where we'd be right now if he had.

Problem with this theory, if it's a theory, is that losman hasn't proven that he can be even a serviceable backup in this league, while palmer has proven that he's a winner.

I still suspect that JP is a coach killer. I hope it's not true, but he shows classic signs of being a good practice QB. He doesn't do the most important things well:

> He doesn't exhibit good decision making under duress or in critical situations.

I'll be patient with him, but it's obvious that Holcomb should have started this season and who knows where we'd be right now if he had.

541996[/snapback]

What are the classic signs of being a good practice QB?How do you get see JP practice?Is there a way I can see him practice also? Thanks

541996[/snapback]

the 4 things you mentioned are 4 things young QBs struggle with.

How will all of these things be solved with him watching Mr 8-8 KH play?

jesu christo!!! JP has not even started 16 games and people are calling him a bust

if KH had started we would be roughly where we are now.

we would not have been a playoff team. we do not have the D or O line for that.

the 4 things you mentioned  are 4 things young QBs struggle with.

How will all of these things be solved with him watching Mr 8-8 KH play?

jesu christo!!! JP has not even started 16 games and people are calling him a bust

if KH had started we would be roughly where we are now. 

we would not have been a playoff team. we do not have the D or O line for that.

542026[/snapback]

Agreed- some QB's take longer than others, and I think it still could be another season or 2 before the light goes on- but I think it will happen for him

This is what is going to happen....

A new GM comes in, JP rubs him the wrong way, and all of a sudden, Flutie v. Johnson, except this time it is Lossman v. Holcolmb v. Free agent v. new draft pick.

I don't want that scenario, but that is what will be happening.

541996[/snapback]

Where they would have been is right where they are. No playoffs. No wins against NE. In fact, chances are Holcomb would have missed a ton of time to injury. Losman would probably be mopping up while KH was on IR. With all due respect to our admirable head coach, I don't think this team is a few bounces of the ball away from homefield advantage.

Either way, the team is most certainly worse off for next year because Losman isn't getting the snaps. I thank the Bills for the Christmas present in Cinci, but if it takes half a season for the light bulb to come on for Losman next year(if it ever does), the Bills may well waste 2006 just to look a little more efficient at the end of 2005.

What's funny is that Mularkey will probably keep his job because Donahoe and Wilson will say he needs time to develop as a HC, yet the young QB gets the yo-yo. Gotta' love the resolve of this or-GAN-I-zation. I would say it's reminiscent of the Flutie/Johnson affair, but at least Johnson stayed on the bench because the team was WINNING. A year from now, the 2005 season may end up looking like the franchises all-time least productive year with regard to not only winning, but player development.

541996[/snapback]

Right on the money.

Where they would have been is right where they are.  No playoffs.  No wins against NE.  In fact, chances are Holcomb would have missed a ton of time to injury.  Losman would probably be mopping up while KH was on IR. With all due respect to our admirable head coach, I don't think this team is a few bounces of the ball away from homefield advantage.

Either way, the team is most certainly worse off for next year because Losman isn't getting the snaps.  I thank the Bills for the Christmas present in Cinci, but if it takes half a season for the light bulb to come on for Losman next year(if it ever does), the Bills may well waste 2006 just to look a little more efficient at the end of 2005.

What's funny is that Mularkey will probably keep his job because Donahoe and Wilson will say he needs time to develop as a HC, yet the young QB gets the yo-yo.  Gotta' love the resolve of this or-GAN-I-zation.  I would say it's reminiscent of the Flutie/Johnson affair, but at least Johnson stayed on the bench because the team was WINNING.  A year from now, the 2005 season may end up looking like the franchises all-time least productive year with regard to not only winning, but player development.

542146[/snapback]

yea, contrary to whats below, you are probably right. j.p. has shown enough to get all the development snaps, but he is not, in order to save the higher ups in the organization(at least some of them). he has been consistently better, even if he wasnt ready at the beginning of the year. when he has had time, he has been terrific. when he hasnt, he has been mediocre. reasonable for a second yr. quarterback, in other words.

541996[/snapback]

??? Are you kidding? If we win against the Jets we finish 6-10. 10-6 might not have made the playoffs and there is no way (with our lines) that Holcomb would have made us four games better. We would have let another year pass and not done any of the rebuilding that we should have. We should have started JP, stayed with JP, and run the ball a lot more. I would rather go 6-10 under JP than 9-7 under Holcomb, because either way we aren't in the playoffs, but playing JP we have a chance to see if he can develop into something special. Holcomb is what he is and has no chance of developing into more. Nice game today, but it is like his playoff game against Pittsburgh a couple of years ago, a big day, but not signs of what can be expected regularly.

What I'm most disappointed about is we are going to head into next year without enough reps for JPL, and without really knowing where we stand. I love the team winning, and gladly give up a couple spots in the draft to win on the road against a tough team, and give the guys who will be back next year a taste of winning and respect. But JPL should have had 16 starts this year. Then we would know if he can be what we think he can be, or if he is the next Rob Johnson. Instead we move into the off season with doubts.

Yea Losman is a bust....lets move on and start Holcomb for the next two years and draft another QB...

197 95 48.2 1043 5.29 52 6 9 13/83 11 4 55.4 <----yea this kid sucked to, what a f*cking bust....and his team this year has been really bad....

228 113 49.6 1340 5.88 58 8 8 26/197 15 6 64.9 <----jp

Jp has sown some signs that he can be a NFL QB....but like all young QB's has struggled to be consistent....give the kid time, and hopefully alot of you will be eating crow next season(or the season after that)