Stop Dreaming about Leinart

Chgrant

Took my 15 year-old down to the Manning's Passing Academy in Thibodaux last summer ( got out right before Dennis hit ).  I met a lot of wonderful people down there and was glad to hear the ones I met weren't hit too hard by Katrina. 

Anyway, thanks for the hospitality.  When we got home I told my wife I wouldn't mind retiring down there.  :lol:  Really, really nice people.

538627[/snapback]

No kidding? Wish I would have known, we could have got together for a drink or something. I live in the next town over from Thibodaux (Houma).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills won't even have an opportunity to draft  Leinart because New Orleans will almost certainly be picking before them. They have a much larger need at QB than Buffalo and will be drafting Leinart before the bills "Brain-Trust(HA)" has an opportunity to do something idiotic, such as picking yet another skill position player.

That is all.

538166[/snapback]

You're forgetting a couple things.

1.) The Saints are playing the Lions at home this weekend. This is a VERY winable game for them.

2.) They have a stronger strength of schedule than us.

3.) They beat us this year giving us the edge if we tied.

I wouldn't call it certain at all.

Thumbs way down on him and living in SoCal I watched almost every game.....didn't impress.

538603[/snapback]

I think the Bills are crazy to take a QB, but damn Jim! The guy is 37-1 with two (maybe three) national titles and a Heisman Trophy! You're pretty tough to impress! Whether he was winning games, or just not losing them, any quarterback with that record is pretty impressive in my book.

The big question on him will be how he holds up mentally when he is playing for a bad team. He's lived the high life so far, being the media darling QB on the only football show in LA, while consistently winning games. Will he be able to handle the fan and media pressure, in an unfamiliar new home, on a franchise with a losing attitude?

Guest BackInDaDay
No kidding? Wish I would have known, we could have got together for a drink or something. I live in the next town over from Thibodaux (Houma).

538637[/snapback]

Yeah, Bubba (from Bubba's II) myself and a few crazies from Texas had a laugh about the look on my face the first night Bubba caught me crossing the highway for a couple beers as he was closing up his place. It was probably all of 9 PM!

Good times. :lol:

Spent an afternoon having lunch (and a few Buds) with the Nicholls State groundskeeper (rainy day) who had friends living in NJ. Met a whole bunch of good folks around the town. Ate some real grits!

My wife and youngest son met us the Saturday before camp broke (on Sunday) and we went fan-boating to check out a white gator. Never got to see the croc because the lightning came quick and we had to take cover in the home of a friend of the fella who was driving the boat. Well, they were as nice as could be. Treated us like long lost cousins and gave us a ride back to our car. The fella who took us out didn't even want to charge us, because of the rain and all, but we made him take half of what we originally agreed to. I swear I might of understood two out of every ten words that Cajun said, but when he caught me checking out the new heads he just got for one of his boat's engines we somehow got through a whole conversation about dropped valves!

Sunday we stayed in the Big Easy. Right off Bourbon. Half the camp had the same idea, so we were running into players, parents and coaches all night. Glad we got to walk up and down a few times. Gave the boys about a 10 yard lead - didn't know what to expect - but it was a lot tamer than I thought it would be. I grew up in NY and the 42nd St. of the 70's and 80's was a lot worse.

If any of you folks ever get a chance to get down to CBB's neck of the woods, make the trip. ;)