My first hockey game

I went to see the Minnesota Wild & the Dallas Stars last night.  I've never been to a hockey game before, but it blows away baseball and football.  It was the best sporting event I've seen.  Awesome!  I am hooked.

538009[/snapback]

And the best part was that Minnesota won. :blush:

CW

Hockey is easily the best sport to attend in person and likely the worst to watch on television (though more palatable now with the rule changes).  Football is probably the polar opposite.

538252[/snapback]

It's hard to imagine that any sport could be worse on tv than baseball.

You might just get hooked. I think hockey is a great game at any level. Part of the problem with Hockey being televised in the US is the cameramen don't know how the puck bounces and we are continually fed bad tv feeds with lame announcers. I think it still beats any NBA game any night.

The top announce team in baseball is Joe Buck and Tim McCarver, so that point is debatable. :lol:

538389[/snapback]

Ummm... Jon Miller & Joe Morgan?

I see the streaking Sabres Thursday night. Of course, I've only seen them win at this arena (recently renamed Bank Atlantic Center) once. I hope I'm not a jinx.

;)

Hockey is easily the best sport to attend in person and likely the worst to watch on television (though more palatable now with the rule changes).  Football is probably the polar opposite.

Welcome to the club, bro!

538252[/snapback]

Couldnt agree more AD.

I tell anyone who wants to get into hockey, go to a few games FIRST, then watch on TV.