Troy Vincent?

Frez

If the Bills were to lose Clements to FA, Vincent would be the best cornerback (and second worst FS) on the roster.  He still has speed, and has good hands.  He is just out of place at FS.

535611[/snapback]

And he's frigging old and slow now

If the Bills were to lose Clements to FA, Vincent would be the best cornerback (and second worst FS) on the roster. He still has speed, and has good hands. He is just out of place at FS.

This might be the dumbest post of all time. He doesn't have speed anymore and that is the main reason he sucks so much. He hasn't lost a step, he's lost five. I know a lot of people don't think much of Mcgee's coverage skills (I'm not one of them) but no way would Troy Vincent make a remotely adequate CB in 2006.

This might be the dumbest post of all time.  He doesn't have speed anymore and that is the main reason he sucks so much.  He hasn't lost a step, he's lost five.  I know a lot of people don't think much of Mcgee's coverage skills (I'm not one of them) but no way would Troy Vincent make a remotely adequate CB in 2006.

536055[/snapback]

I'm not a fan of terrence mcgee as a cornerback. I think he's adequate but by no means a star. I'm glad we signed him to an extension cause he's a great kick returner, but if we lose clements and mcgee becomes our #1 corner we'd better develop a great defensive line or it's gonna get ugly. About VIncent he shouldn't even be starting. It was a mistake to sign this guy to a long contract. I'd play Baker the final 2 games and see what he has.

This coaching staff will never play Baker because he has been developed as a SS, even though I think he could play the position much better than TV or Wire. I think T Mcgee will develop into a very good corner but you are right he's by no means a shut down number one corner...yet. I say with the reduced franchise price you tag Nate and look for a long term replacement either in this years draft or next years. I really like Jimmy Williams from Virginia Tech but we really need to address both of these lines with are early picks in the draft because they are so terrible.

Does he do anything on the field to help this team? He plays like he is 140 pounds. I hope he is one of the first players cut from the team.

535383[/snapback]

Vincent has no power left in his body. If you don't have some explosiveness, you can't play in the league. Speed can be overcome somewhat by instincts and experience, but as it turns out, Vincent is completely uninstinctive and lost out there.

Vincent has no power left in his body.  If you don't have some explosiveness, you can't play in the league.  Speed can be overcome somewhat by instincts and experience, but as it turns out, Vincent is completely uninstinctive and lost out there.

536063[/snapback]

Well, according to CP, the Bills can gain $2,000,000 cap space if they cut him in 06.

You make this sound like an appealing scenario.

This coaching staff will never play Baker because he has been developed as a SS, even though I think he could play the position much better than TV or Wire.  I think T Mcgee will develop into a very good corner but you are right he's by no means a shut down number one corner...yet.  I say with the reduced franchise price you tag Nate and look for a long term replacement either in this years draft or next years.  I really like Jimmy Williams from Virginia Tech but we really need to address both of these lines with are early picks in the draft because they are so terrible.

536061[/snapback]

No, Baker has played and virtually only played FS. He played free safety in college and only free safety on the Bills. He is not big enough to play SS and is being challenged somewhat by Jim Leonhard. Coy Wire is the back-up SS.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/BUF