looking at Bleedslow's 2005 salary cap #'s

Cutting him would save us about $1 mill but leave about $4 mill in dead cap. It doesn't look to be worth it, since a veteran backup QB to replace Drew will cost at least the amount we save in cutting him.

I think we're stuck with this loser until January 2006...

38014[/snapback]

Yeah, well look at it this way. We're stuck with and you and your insults of our team for at least that long, too. So WTF? :doh:

38014[/snapback]

Well, there's no rule saying he has to start for that long. And you do need a good backup in today's NFL. And while I don't like the idea of Drew Bledsoe starting as the Bills QB for that much longer, he'd make an adequate backup. So I'm fine having him here for another year -- so long as there's someone else taking a maority of the snaps.

Cutting him would save us about $1 mill but leave about $4 mill in dead cap. It doesn't look to be worth it, since a veteran backup QB to replace Drew will cost at least the amount we save in cutting him.

38014[/snapback]

If you cut Bledsoe after July 1, 2005, the dead space is distributed to both 2005 and 2006. So there is no need to keep him and play him next season if you choose to not to cut him until July.

If you cut Bledsoe after July 1, 2005, the dead space is distributed to both 2005 and 2006.  So there is no need to keep him and play him next season if you choose to not to cut him until July.

39294[/snapback]

Exactly. I think he's gone,

and if MW doesn't finally step up,

he will join him.

Big cap hits, but definitely

addition by subtraction.

Like Brady, JP doesn't need Drew looking over his shoulder.

he will join him.

addition by subtraction.

39298[/snapback]

I think the problem is TD being afraid to just release DB. DB is such a nice guy that TD doesnt have the heart. Unless something radical is done its over for Donahoe.3-13 8-8 6-10 6-10...........not a great apttern...

This I assure you is a matter of taste.  And BTW, optimism doesn't make me dumb.  I am enjoying myself a helluva lot more than you are.  :)

39371[/snapback]

It's one thing to be optimistic, but quite another to put your money where your mouth is. I don't think even you, BuffaloBob - an eternal ray of sunshine - would bet on the Bills beating the Patsies? :doh:

It's one thing to be optimistic, but quite another to put your money where your mouth is. I don't think even you, BuffaloBob - an eternal ray of sunshine - would bet on the Bills beating the Patsies?  :)

39376[/snapback]

I don't gamble, so while you are correct, it is not for the reason that you think. However, like somebody said in another thread, if the showing of one's confidence necessitates a wager of money, I'll bet you $2. Then if you win you can buy yourself an ice cream cone and celebrate! B)

he will join him.

addition by subtraction.

39298[/snapback]

And don't forget Moulds. His cap hit for 2005 is 8.75 Mil. Unless he takes a big reduction, he may go. His replacement is already here ( Evans ) .

And don't forget Moulds. His cap hit for 2005 is 8.75 Mil. Unless he takes a big reduction, he may go. His replacement is already here ( Evans ) .

Hold on there Big Guy..... Lets see what Dale... I mean Lee Evans is made out of 1st! :)

No Buttercup jokes Please! :lol:

:doh: