Why can't we get players like that?

JCBoston

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice for Tucker.  He'll make a little over $100,000 for the three games, plus a playoff bonus, and an outside shot at a ring.  Not bad for a month of work.

531227[/snapback]

Exactly. I am glad for him. Who say's peeing in TD's hot tub cannot be beneficial?!? :P

I wouldn't make that bet personally.  While the Colts should win the AFC the way teams have been playing as of late it looks like the Pats could be the second best team in the conference.  They are getting healthy and their D has played much better as of late.  I don't think they'll win the AFC, but it wouldn't shock me if they did.

With the way they've been playing of late? They've played the Jets and Bills the last 2 weeks, 2 of the worst teams in the NFL, and as smokinandjokin said, they didn't look to hot against the Jets. The week prior to that they, and Brady in particular, laid a major egg against the Chefs, an average to slightly better team. I'd say that there's a good chance the Pats might not even win their 1st round playoff game (since they won't be getting a coveted bye week this year) at home depending on who they draw as their 1st opponent, but I don't see them moving past the 2nd round.

If the Colts are lucky, they will lose at least one of their next 3 games. Because the odds are strong that their 17th game this year will be against a Patriots team with nothing to prove and nothing to lose. Considering the way that Manning, Dungy, & others have performed in big games in the past, the pressure on them will be overwhelming... imagine if they were still undefeated at that point? I see a collapse for the ages coming up in January. :P

With the way they've been playing of late?  They've played the Jets and Bills the last 2 weeks, 2 of the worst teams in the NFL, and as smokinandjokin said, they didn't look to hot against the Jets.  The week prior to that they, and Brady in particular, laid a major egg against the Chefs, an average to slightly better team.  I'd say that there's a good chance the Pats might not even win their 1st round playoff game (since they won't be getting a coveted bye week this year) at home depending on who they draw as their 1st opponent, but I don't see them moving past the 2nd round.

531546[/snapback]

Most of the other "elite" teams in the AFC have struggled of late. Denver lost to that "average" KC team (thought they're anything but average at home) then struggled against a pathetic Baltimore team. KC lost to a pretty average Dallas squad, SD lost to a pathetic Miami team, Pittsburgh just stopped the bleeding by beating the Bears, Jax has never impressed me. Cincy is a good team but their D is no better than NEs, in fact if they don't get a turnover they have a hard time stopping anybody. They let Baltimore put up 29 on them and Pittsburgh 31 in the past few weeks

The point is that none of these other teams are playing so well as to say that any playoff team couldn’t beat them. Cincy is the only one playing consistently and then only on offense. NE has a good shot at beating any of these teams, even on the road. Will they? I have no clue but discounting them is a mistake.

If NE beats the Bucs this week they’ll likely enter the playoffs with a 5-game winning streak and lots of confidence. I’d like to think that Cincy or Denver will smoke the Pats but I guess I’ve just seen too many Pats post season victories the last few years to think that their losing is automatic even with the struggles they’ve had this year.

If the Colts are lucky, they will lose at least one of their next 3 games. Because the odds are strong that their 17th game this year will be against a Patriots team with nothing to prove and nothing to lose. Considering the way that Manning, Dungy, & others have performed in big games in the past, the pressure on them will be overwhelming... imagine if they were still undefeated at that point? I see a collapse for the ages coming up in January. :P

Why would the pressure be any less intense if they lost one of their next few games? In the playoffs, whether you're 16-0 or 8-8, it's one and done. And the Colts don't fear the Pats anymore, especially with a game in Indy, with a bye week to rest and prepare, while the Pats don't have one.

531569[/snapback]

They'll open that door the week after their bye, and guess what? The BOOGIE MAN will be behind it! :P

Most of the other "elite" teams in the AFC have struggled of late.  Denver lost to that "average" KC team (thought they're anything but average at home) then struggled against a pathetic Baltimore team.  KC lost to a pretty average Dallas squad, SD lost to a pathetic Miami team, Pittsburgh just stopped the bleeding by beating the Bears, Jax has never impressed me.  Cincy is a good team but their D is no better than NEs, in fact if they don't get a turnover they have a hard time stopping anybody.  They let Baltimore put up 29 on them and Pittsburgh 31 in the past few weeks

The point is that none of these other teams are playing so well as to say that any playoff team couldn’t beat them at home.  Cincy is the only one playing consistently and then only on offense.  NE has a good shot at beating any of these teams, even on the road.  Will they?  I have no clue but discounting them is a mistake. 

If NE beats the Bucs this week they’ll likely enter the playoffs with a 5-game winning streak and lots of confidence.  I’d like to think that Cincy or Denver will smoke the Pats but I guess I’ve just seen too many Pats post season victories the last few years to think that their losing is automatic even with the struggles they’ve had this year.

Anything is possible, but without a bye and with their coaching and player losses, there's no way they're making the SB this year, much less winning it. The Colts are just head and shoulders above everybody and have HFA. Moreover, they don't fear the Pats anymore, especially not if they're playing at home.

Why would the pressure be any less intense if they lost one of their next few games?  In the playoffs, whether you're 16-0 or 8-8, it's one and done.  And the Colts don't fear the Pats anymore, especially with a game in Indy, with a bye week to rest and prepare, while the Pats don't have one.

531573[/snapback]

Watch, see, and learn. :P:P

They better pray someone else knocks off the Pats. :D

Watch, see, and learn. :P

They better pray someone else knocks off the Pats. :P

Like I said above, they don't fear the Pats anymore. And the Pats aren't that good of a team, the beating of a hapless Bills team nothwithstanding. The Pats are 2-5 against teams with winning records this year. A good test will be the Bucs, although they're playing in NE and a freezing weather game for a hot weather team usually means loss for the hot weather team.

Anything is possible, but without a bye and with their coaching and player losses, there's no way they're making the SB this year, much less winning it.  The Colts are just head and shoulders above everybody and have HFA.  Moreover, they don't fear the Pats anymore, especially not if they're playing at home.

531578[/snapback]

Oh, I definitely think the Colts are head and shoulders above everybody this year but I don't think that means they're invincible. I wouldn't be shocked to see them get beat. If I had to pick a team that I think has the best chance of doing it…I’d say it’s the Pats. The Colts might not fear them but if they got off to a slow start against the Pats (a few turnovers or allowing a few quick scores) I could just see the Colts saying, “ugh, here we go again.”

Oh, I definitely think the Colts are head and shoulders above everybody this year but I don't think that means they're invincible.  I wouldn't be shocked to see them get beat.  If I had to pick a team that I think has the best chance of doing it…I’d say it’s the Pats.  The Colts might not fear them but if they got off to a slow start against the Pats (a few turnovers or allowing a few quick scores) I could just see the Colts saying, “ugh, here we go again.”

531586[/snapback]

Yep. That's when Dungy starts getting stupid and Manning gets the "deer-caught-in-the-headlights" look.

Oh, I definitely think the Colts are head and shoulders above everybody this year but I don't think that means they're invincible.  I wouldn't be shocked to see them get beat.  If I had to pick a team that I think has the best chance of doing it…I’d say it’s the Pats.  The Colts might not fear them but if they got off to a slow start against the Pats (a few turnovers or allowing a few quick scores) I could just see the Colts saying, “ugh, here we go again.”

The difference between this year and past years is that the Colts have a defense that can shutdown the Pats. They also have the 1st round bye and HFA. Those are significant changes over previous years when they had NONE of those. Again I don't think the Pats are a good team this year, not after drubbing the hapless Bills. They have a lot to prove before anyone can say they're even a shell of their former selves.

The difference between this year and past years is that the Colts have a defense that can shutdown the Pats.  They also have the 1st round bye and HFA.  Those are significant changes over previous years when they had NONE of those.  Again I don't think the Pats are a good team this year, not after drubbing the hapless Bills.  They have a lot to prove before anyone can say they're even a shell of their former selves.

531593[/snapback]

They've got 3 rings in 4 years. They have nothing to prove and nothing to lose.

Indy has proven nothing in the playoffs & has everything to lose. The media circus will intensify, and the pressure will build & build. If they're lucky, they will get a Cowher or a Marty in the 1st game, then the Broncos (their bitches) in the Championship.

They've got 3 rings in 4 years. They have nothing to prove and nothing to lose.

Nothing to lose? They're the defending champs. They've got EVERYTHING to lose.

Indy has proven nothing in the playoffs & has everything to lose. The media circus will intensify, and the pressure will build & build. If they're lucky, they will get a Cowher or a Marty in the 1st game, then the Broncos (their bitches) in the Championship.

The Colts have proven they can get mugged 14 times in snowy New England and still lose by only 3 points, again with a crap defense and against a much better Pats team. Again the difference this time is what I already stated, and knowing they throttled New England IN New England, and now have an extra week to prepare for them.