Mike Williams and Peters at RT

ganesh

One of the things that has been disturbing is ever since MW was taken

away from the RT position, our Running game has really gotten worse...

At least when MW was in, they could run the ball on the right side as

evidenced by the # of 100 yard games Mcgahee had....However since

Peters became the RT, he might have played better individually ( or is

that a misconception) our running lanes on the right side has been zero.

One of the things that has been disturbing is ever since MW was taken

away from the RT position, our Running game has really gotten worse...

At least when MW was in, they could run the ball on the right side as

evidenced by the # of 100 yard games Mcgahee had....However since

Peters became the RT, he might have played better individually ( or is

that a misconception) our running lanes on the right side has been zero.

530745[/snapback]

I can count on one hand the number of times we've even tried to run off tackle to the right in the past 3 games (and not gotten a penalty).

Peters is generally handling his guys, it's the middle of the line that's collapsing like a house of cards.

I still think the biggest factor is the absence of mike williams. The Run game worked well above average before the removal of mike williams and other then the 1st ne game who was minus richard seymour with jason peters at rt our run game has been attrocious.

530777[/snapback]

Our run game has been atrocious because our pass blocking is dire, and we have a young QB who is still on the learning curve as far as making his reads. And again, when is the last time you saw the Bills attempt a run to the outside?

JP has little time to make decisions, and until he can either do the miraculous and beat the rush every time, or they roll him out more frequently to take advantage of his accuracy on the run, DCs will stack 8-9 in the box and McGahee will go nowhere -- especially if MM keeps sending him down the middle, the site of the line's biggest liabilities.

Our run game has been atrocious because our pass blocking is dire, and we have a young QB who is still on the learning curve as far as making his reads.  And again, when is the last time you saw the Bills attempt a run to the outside?

JP has little time to make decisions, and until he can either do the miraculous and beat the rush every time, or they roll him out more frequently to take advantage of his accuracy on the run, DCs will stack 8-9 in the box and McGahee will go nowhere -- especially if MM keeps sending him down the middle, the site of the line's biggest liabilities.

530791[/snapback]

MaGahee is not a speed back. He CAN turn the corner, but it his hard to do so when the line is pushed back behind scrimage. Also, do you think that Anderson is able to pull from the left side? He can barely get out of his stance. Teague? Please. :doh:

The good news is that much of this can probably be fixed in the offseason.

MaGahee is not a speed back. He CAN turn the corner, but it his hard to do so when the line is pushed back behind scrimage. Also, do you think that Anderson is able to pull from the left side? He can barely get out of his stance. Teague? Please.  :doh:

The good news is that much of this can probably be fixed in the offseason.

530809[/snapback]

I trust Willis' ability to turn the corner behind Peters or Gandy more than I trust those guys "forming the pile" in the middle. Toss sweeps, whatever it takes. He can certainly gain more on his own to the outside than the .375 yards he got per carry up the middle. And we're on the same page here. The only holes Teague and Anderson are opening up are clear lanes for defenders.

I trust Willis' ability to turn the corner behind Peters or Gandy more than I trust those guys "forming the pile" in the middle. Toss sweeps, whatever it takes. He can certainly gain more on his own to the outside than the .375 yards he got per carry up the middle. And we're on the same page here. The only holes Teague and Anderson are opening up are clear lanes for defenders.

This is the problem with our coaching, well head coaching. McGahee is told to run right beind our weakest part of the OL almost every carry. Almost every running play is a straight dive or delay over the OG/C, nothing off tackle at all, no more counter plays, which we actually do run well (even though Anderson sucks at pulling), and plus they told McGahee not to try and turn nothing into something by bouncing outside. They just want him to pound it in there for 0,1, or 2 yards. Thats all he will get behind our OG's/C. Let Willis play the way he wants.

Sure, we dont get many negative runs anymore, unless a LB shoots the gap which seems to happen alot right over Anderson or Villarial (He is injured), but we dont get anymore 20 plus yard runs anymore either, just alot of no gains.

Ganesh actually is right. MW, if you watch him only during running plays dominates most DL in the league. He has won the battles consistently with Ty Warren of the Pats in the past. I know he is overpaid (just like 95%) of 1st round draft picks, but he is a force in the running game.

Ganesh actually is right.  MW, if you watch him only during running plays dominates most DL in the league.  He has won the battles consistently with Ty Warren of the Pats in the past.  I know he is overpaid (just like 95%) of 1st round draft picks, but he is a force in the running game.

531099[/snapback]

Yup...At least we had the satisfaction of running over the other team and

controlling ToP...even if lose.....But with Peters in their, neither the running

game nor the passing game has got going.....I definitely think they made

a mistake in moving MW from the RT position....May be they got the wrong

guy (MW) to send the wrong message to the lousy player on the line (BA).

let's see,

if i were a gm and had a big strong RT and a big massive TE, and i wanted to the run the ball, what would I do?

hmmm.....

I know!

put the RT at RT, and the TE at TE!! that way we have our best players blocking for our best weapon!!

the odd pass to the TE will keep the D honest too!

nah, that would never work

4 YARD OUTS TO PARISH ON 3RD AND 12!!!