Frank Reich for HC

LasBillzz

OK, I'm gonna catch it for this, but why not Frank Reich? The man obviously knows the game, and is as straight up as they get. On top of that, he is intelligent, a motivational speaker, and is revered in the community and Bills history.

First year, hire Marv as "Coach Emeritus", also let him run the draft, and then kick him upstairs as GM the second year.

I don't think the Bills would ever quit on these two as this year's squad has on Mularkahoe.

I know this sounds unlikely, but what do we have to lose at this point? This team is no longer the Bills, for goodness sake. Back to the future, I say!

OK, I'm gonna catch it for this, but why not Frank Reich?  The man obviously knows the game, and is as straight up as they get.  On top of that, he is intelligent, a motivational speaker, and is revered in the community and Bills history. 

First year, hire Marv as "Coach Emeritus", also let him run the draft, and then kick him upstairs as GM the second year. 

I don't think the Bills would ever quit on these two as this year's squad has on Mularkahoe. 

I know this sounds unlikely, but what do we have to lose at this point?  This team is no longer the Bills, for goodness sake.  Back to the future, I say!

530037[/snapback]

That picture on the cover of Marv's book - the one of Bruce Smith giving Coach Levy a huge, smilin' bear hug - says it all - the affection and respect that Marv's players had for him was amazing. Of course, the winning records helped, but can anyone imagine any of the Bills holding Triple-G or MM in such high regard? (Or hugging them?)

Marv is an NFL-Hall-of-Fame coach and a sort of father figure that the veterans would respect and the younger players would revere. Hell, he may even be able to get McGahee to want to play here next year!

Bring back Marv.

That picture on the cover of Marv's book - the one of Bruce Smith giving Coach Levy a huge, smilin' bear hug - says it all - the affection and respect that Marv's players had for him was amazing.  Of course, the winning records helped, but can anyone imagine any of the Bills holding Triple-G or MM in such high regard?  (Or hugging them?)

Marv is an NFL-Hall-of-Fame coach and a sort of father figure that the veterans would respect and the younger players would revere.  Hell, he may even be able to get McGahee to want to play here next year!

Bring back Marv.

530059[/snapback]

Agreed on Marv, but at some point the torch should be passed to a worthy successor. Marv is 118, after all. Reich would be the right man at the right time.

That picture on the cover of Marv's book - the one of Bruce Smith giving Coach Levy a huge, smilin' bear hug - says it all - the affection and respect that Marv's players had for him was amazing.  Of course, the winning records helped, but can anyone imagine any of the Bills holding Triple-G or MM in such high regard?  (Or hugging them?)

Marv is an NFL-Hall-of-Fame coach and a sort of father figure that the veterans would respect and the younger players would revere.  Hell, he may even be able to get McGahee to want to play here next year!

Bring back Marv.

530059[/snapback]

please - NO.

Marv did a great job of molding the various egos together on a very veteran team.

However, this team has far more needs than what Marv can deliver.

Most imporetant was that mrv couldn;t stand rookies and refused to play any young players.

The Bills need a teacher who can quickly get the most of draft picks and young players.

He did a poor job with hiring and not firing his coordinators, except for Ted Marchibroda. He never did effectively replace Ted, and Walt Corey was oputright horrible.

OK, I'm gonna catch it for this, but why not Frank Reich?  The man obviously knows the game, and is as straight up as they get.  On top of that, he is intelligent, a motivational speaker, and is revered in the community and Bills history. 

I know this sounds unlikely, but what do we have to lose at this point?  This team is no longer the Bills, for goodness sake.  Back to the future, I say!

530037[/snapback]

It is more than unlikely............Frank Reich is a recent graduate of a theological seminary in Charlotte , NC and is a newly ordained minister. He was just named the president of that seminary, a fullt ime professional position, not unlike that of a college president. Given his seemingly strong committment to a religous life and profession, I think he would be uninterested in coaching an NFL team at this point in his ;life, he obviously has other gaols in life. Good for him.

Bring back Marv.

530059[/snapback]

I think they should bring back Marv and Abe Linclon. If Marv comes back, better make sure he has his own EMT staff at the ready. Has a head coach ever prowled the sidelines with a walker before? Hey, maybe he could use a Jazzy.

http://www.pridemobility.com/homepage.html

Are those things good in the snow?

As for Frank R, I'll pass.

I think they should bring back Marv and Abe Linclon.  If Marv comes back, better make sure he has his own EMT staff at the ready.  Has a head coach ever prowled the sidelines with a walker before?  Hey, maybe he could use a Jazzy. 

http://www.pridemobility.com/homepage.html

Are those things good in the snow?

As for Frank R, I'll pass.

530075[/snapback]

Now Dean, while the image of him riding up and down the sidelines in his Jazzy is hysterical, I think we both know that Marv could still kick your a## (or mine) in a foot race!

(Not sure whether that speaks well if him, or ill of us.)

Anyway, irregardless of the fact that there is no such word as irregardless, The Marvelous One is in town tonite for that Sports Headliners thing, and it'll be interesting to see how many times he gets the question, how he responds, and whether he and RW get together for a chat.

Bring back Marv!

It is more than unlikely............Frank Reich is a recent graduate of a theological seminary in Charlotte , NC and is a newly ordained minister.  He was just named the president of that seminary, a fullt ime professional position, not unlike that of a college president.  Given his seemingly strong committment to a religous life and profession, I think he would be uninterested in coaching an NFL team at this point in his ;life, he obviously has other gaols in life.  Good for him.

530070[/snapback]

Heretic! Are you saying the Bills are not...God's Team? :doh:

530037[/snapback]

Naaaah. I have had it with nice guys, with high character guys. Some of the most successful coaches in this league were the biggest jerks. BB, Parcells, Johnson, even Ditka. Anybody but a nice guy.

Naaaah.  I have had it with nice guys, with high character guys.  Some of the most successful coaches in this league were the biggest jerks.  BB, Parcells, Johnson, even Ditka.  Anybody but a nice guy.

530120[/snapback]

Just remember Marv's pre-game mantra...

"Where else would you rather be than right here, right now...now let's f#%king kill those guys!!!"

No one says "motherf%#ker" like Marv. :doh:

I'd like to see Doug Flutie brought in as HC, particularly since he's now worked under Belichick an can bring that same winning attitude to Buffalo. I'd like to see Phil, the guy who won my fantasy league last year as GM. For years he's shown his ability to put together a solid squad and I think he could bring the same thing to Buffalo if given a chance.