THOSE BIG BAD BUFFALO SABRES!!

NavyBillsFan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Briere came back tonight and played well. Miller is back in Rochester to regain his conditioning. He won tonight 3-1 against the AHL team in Toronto.

Dumont had sports hernea surgery and is out 3/4 months. Pyatt is out for a few months as well with a broken wrist.

Go Sabres Go!

528825[/snapback]

i was almost laughing at briere the first shift he looked so disoriented, but then he started getting into the flow of things and started looking pretty good.

i still have to keep pinching myself that this cast of characters keeps winning! :D

Thanks.  Are Dumont and Pyatt big losses?

528836[/snapback]

Dumont yes, Pyatt...eh, not so much. Although he did have a hat trick shortly before breaking his wrist!! So that was something.

BTW, anyone else shocked that Lindy revealed Pyatt's injury in his post-game press conference that night?? Meanwhile, over there at Candy Land, we've got Costner giving us ambiguous riddles as to exactly what happened to Roscoe Parrish.

Sabres = AntiBills

That's too bad, Carp Heaver, because the new NHL happens to be the most entertaining pro sports league around. And I'm not just saying that because the Sabres are doing good and the Bills aren't.

528829[/snapback]

I think alot of folks need to start watching hockey again the clutching, grabbing and other crap is gone. fats paced action is the name of the game and the Sabres speed really shows big time.

BTW, anyone else shocked that Lindy revealed Pyatt's injury in his post-game press conference that night??  Meanwhile, over there at Candy Land, we've got Costner giving us ambiguous riddles as to exactly what happened to Roscoe Parrish.

Sabres = AntiBills

528839[/snapback]

:D So true. Thank goodness for the Sabres, they are fun to watch.

that was a huge game... to address the sabres discussion here, all i can offer is for you all to come over to the sabres report and make your profiles there... since this board and tsr are completely seperate entities, threads can't be transfered... and cable lady if you come over to tsr, you have to use the spongebob sweaterkittens avatar... that's an order!

biron's stock has really risen... miller has to play exactly one good game for the sabres before darcy pulls the trigger on a biron trade... what was once a frenchman-for-bag of pucks has now turned into what could be a blockbuster trade.

On the Sabres post-game on MSG, the question was posed "Would you pick up Owen Nolan when he's ready to play?". 

Robitallie responded by saying, "They pick up Nolan, I'll take this hand and put it right into a wood-chipper".  :D

528852[/snapback]

OMG :D

On the Sabres post-game on MSG, the question was posed "Would you pick up Owen Nolan when he's ready to play?". 

Robitallie responded by saying, "They pick up Nolan, I'll take this hand and put it right into a wood-chipper".  :D

528852[/snapback]

I saw that too. Somewhere Brian Blessing is smiling.

that was a huge game...  to address the sabres discussion here, all i can offer is for you all to come over to the sabres report and make your profiles there...  since this board and tsr are completely seperate entities, threads can't be transfered...  and cable lady if you come over to tsr, you have to use the spongebob sweaterkittens avatar...  that's an order!

biron's stock has really risen...  miller has to play exactly one good game for the sabres before darcy pulls the trigger on a biron trade...  what was once a frenchman-for-bag of pucks has now turned into what could be a blockbuster trade.

528856[/snapback]

Very true however...I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they keep all three. Regier's patience is infamous he was quoted on WGR a few weeks back as saying (paraphrasing here) "With all the goalie injuries around the league, having three might not be a bad thing".

Of course this means a PO'ed Mika...personally, I'd rather just as well trade Biron while his stock is soaring and have Miller start and Mika backup.

But then the question can be raised, Will they even start Miller once he's done with the Amerks?? That's how well Marty has been playing.

biron's stock has really risen...  miller has to play exactly one good game for the sabres before darcy pulls the trigger on a biron trade...  what was once a frenchman-for-bag of pucks has now turned into what could be a blockbuster trade.

528856[/snapback]

It's going to be a serious debate - should we really trade Marty considering what he's showed us in the past 10 games? If you are correct with your assumption that we'd get something big in return, I may be up for the idea depending on who it is. I just wonder if Miller is better than Marty.

Another Great Win by the Sabres. Could Buffalo be turning back into a Sabres city like it was in the 70's?

Mike Robitaille used to be the color commentator alongside play-by-play man Ted Darling in the mid-late 80's and very early 90's. Robitaille was always saying crazy things and Ted would always tell him to stop. It was great.

I am sitting in a room at the Best Western in Amsterdam NY watching MSG post-game, happy that they actually show the Sabres out here. Going back to NH from that abortion at RWS. Happy to have the Sabres to take some of the edge off the Bills fiasco.

By the way, UB won again saturday, beating Rutgers. They are now 8-1 and are developing into another exciting story.

PTR

528852[/snapback]

Can he put his mouth in instead?

Mike Robitaille used to be the color commentator alongside play-by-play man Ted Darling in the mid-late 80's and very early 90's.

528878[/snapback]

now that was a hockey announcer. man i miss that guy. i can still hear is voice coming out of my radio in the 70s <sniff>.

I am sitting in a room at the Best Western in Amsterdam NY watching MSG post-game, happy that they actually show the Sabres out here.  Going back to NH from that abortion at RWS.  Happy to have the Sabres to take some of the edge off the Bills fiasco.

By the way, UB won again saturday, beating Rutgers.  They are now 8-1 and are developing into another exciting story.

PTR

528880[/snapback]

For sure. Sabres and UB basketball are the top two (positive) sports stories in WNY right now. How's that taste, multi-million dollar NFL franchise?

I am sitting in a room at the Best Western in Amsterdam NY watching MSG post-game, happy that they actually show the Sabres out here.  Going back to NH from that abortion at RWS.  Happy to have the Sabres to take some of the edge off the Bills fiasco.

By the way, UB won again saturday, beating Rutgers.  They are now 8-1 and are developing into another exciting story.

PTR

528880[/snapback]

Good to see UB following up with what they started last year.

Even better to see the Sabres look like winners. This town needs a winning team right now. I love talking about them. What are we, 4 points behind our division leader?

Good to see UB following up with what they started last year.

Even better to see the Sabres look like winners. This town needs a winning team right now. I love talking about them. What are we, 4 points behind our division leader?

528889[/snapback]

Yes, four points behind the mighty Senators. This recent winning streak kinda gives me hope that Buffalo could maybe let in less than 5 goals next time they face the Sens :D