THOSE BIG BAD BUFFALO SABRES!!

NavyBillsFan

well, biron was toast before miller got hurt, and the sabres were probably within a couple weeks of actually making a trade... miller was given the starting job at the beginning of the season.. the job is his and biron can possibly get us a decent defenseman because he actually woke up. I don't trust biron as far as i can throw him though. i'd much prefer rolling the dice with miller in the playoffs than marty.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well, biron was toast before miller got hurt, and the sabres were probably within a couple weeks of actually making a trade...  miller was given the starting job at the beginning of the season..  the job is his and biron can possibly get us a decent defenseman because he actually woke up.  I don't trust biron as far as i can throw him though.  i'd much prefer rolling the dice with miller in the playoffs than marty.

528897[/snapback]

Oh definitely, definitely. Miller is THE GUY make no mistake about that. It's just that right now, Biron is the hot hand and I think you have to keep riding that. Logic would dictate that Biron will cool off eventually and won't continue this kind of success for the rest of the season. But yeah, Miller is the guy...he knows that, the team knows it, Marty knows it....etc. Sabres are kinda sitting pretty right now.

Yes, four points behind the mighty Senators.  This recent winning streak kinda gives me hope that Buffalo could maybe let in less than 5 goals next time they face the Sens  :D

528892[/snapback]

:D The best part has to be we don't have to play those guys for a while. Wouldn't it be something if we caught them in a week's time? I sure hope we start seeing some sellouts at the arena soon. Minnesota Wild sold out there 200th game in a row tonight!

:D  The best part has to be we don't have to play those guys for a while. Wouldn't it be something if we caught them in a week's time? I sure hope we start seeing some sellouts at the arena soon. Minnesota Wild sold out there 200th game in a row tonight!

528903[/snapback]

Yeah they sure do love their hockey up there. I said in an earlier post and I'll say it again:

WEDNESDAY.

DALLAS STARS.

RADIO ONLY GAME.

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

i'll be watching it on center ice.  i hope the sabres win 5-3 with stu barnes getting a hat trick for dallas.  i can't remember who we got for him (i know it wasn't briere) but that is my 2nd most hated trade in sabre history, behind the gare trade.

528916[/snapback]

They traded Barnes to Dallas for C Mike Ryan, who currently has 6 G and 7 A for Rochester this season.

On the exact same day they traded Stu to Dallas, they traded Rob Ray to Ottawa for future considerations and Chris Gratton to Phoenix for...Danny Briere.

I'd say that last one has worked out.

Sully Strikes Gold Again!

:D  :D

528912[/snapback]

You have to admit it was hard to believe the Sabres would be any good when they decided to let 2 top names go and pick up 1 guy who wasn't considered a top free agent. I certainly was disappointed with the lack of pick-ups but I guess Darcy gets paid good money for a reason - he knows what he's doing.

Either way, I'm happy it's working out so well so far. I bet ya some players on some other teams wouldn't mind playing for us now.

:D  The best part has to be we don't have to play those guys for a while. Wouldn't it be something if we caught them in a week's time? I sure hope we start seeing some sellouts at the arena soon. Minnesota Wild sold out there 200th game in a row tonight!

528903[/snapback]

The Pittsburgh game on Saturday at home is sold out.

How in the hell did you ever dig that up??

528922[/snapback]

I was just thinking about all the Sabres "experts" that used to post here and did a little searching through the archives. Too bad the Bills couldn't serve up a bit more crow like the Sabs are doing to make this board a happier place... :D