I See the Snooze Feature Needs to Be Disabled

Mark VI

Why insult anyone here who saw the game ? Lets look to the future and figure this thing out. The 2004 season will not produce a playoff team. What to do for the remainder and ready ourselves properly for 2005.

1. Drew Bledsoe is done. J. P. Losman is in, come November.

We can only blame the OL so much. Oaklands' OL played poorly and still managed to win. Why ? Because their QB can move and make faster decisons, resulting in a few big plays that win games. A few sacks are acceptable, if you have the ability to redeem youself. It also tells the rest of your offense that no matter how bad it looks for a couple series, you can still deliver in crunch time and produce a winning effort. They continue to play hard and show confidence.

Do you think Bledsoe gives the rest of the offense confidence in his play ?

2. Travis Henry out, Willis McGahee in. Although Willis still isn't 100 % in the speed dept., he can block. Henry can't block the sun, let alone any player in the NFL. Plus his constant falling down just shy of the endzone or 1st down marker is just maddening. Can't catch cold, let alone a pass. Too many negatives. Dumber than a bag of hammers.

3. Decision time on fat contracts of Eric Moulds and Mike Williams . Redo contracts or turn the page. It's a given DB and Henry are toast, in my view. Moulds is due to count 8.75 Mil towards the cap next year. Williams is also sky high. DB, Moulds and Williams take up between 20-25 % of the 2005 total cap . Incredible. Do you realize how many FA's we could sign in the spring of 2005 with that kind of $$ ????

4. Future position players are here - J.P. Losman, Lee Evans, MaGahee, etc.

Those living in the past are billsfanone to repeat it. The future is here and ticket sales will plunge next season if these guys and other young players aren't a big part of this team. The old guard will not attract fringe ticket buyers.

Conclusion - TD will take a hammering the next 2 weeks and probably for the rest of the year. I questioned his move of retaining GW in 2003 and his retention of DB in 2004. I believe we now may be looking at back to back wasted seasons. The Defense deserved better than this. Wouldn't be surprised if Ralph just blasted him today. He's going on 86 and doesn't need to listen as to why this rebuild job is 2 years behind schedule. TD has done many good things in the FA market and some draft picks have been good. Other moves, such as sticking with GW,certain draft choices and keeping Bledsoe too long will haunt him for a while.

The Lack of a #1 pick next spring can be countered with a sharp signing of a proven FA this coming March. Getting Losman a year early is fine by me. The next QB class is weak. A rookie rarely makes any immediate impact.

Mularkey has his hands tied with DB. I bet half the plays he has cannot even be looked at, with DB under Center. He is not without blame as a Coach but no one , not even the Pats Super Bowl Coach, could put Humpty Dumpty back together again...

Please save the cliches this morning, such as " It's only 2 games in " " It's all the OL " " Drew is fine " ...blah,blah,blah....

0-2, with no sign of an offense. Denial is a lonely place to exist.

Time to turn the page and see our future. I'm calm and practical about this. I'll be at every home game watching and learning.

Like Badol said last week, this team is not fun to watch at all. We need to make some changes as the season moves on in order to compete with the top level NFL teams.

Root for the Bills, not certain players who can't deliver.

>>>2. Travis Henry out, Willis McGahee in. Although Willis still isn't 100 % in the speed dept., he can block. Henry can't block the sun, let alone any player in the NFL. Plus his constant falling down just shy of the endzone or 1st down marker is just maddening. Can't catch cold, let alone a pass. Too many negatives. Dumber than a bag of hammers. <<<

Bravo Mark! Sadly, that is as real as it gets.

i agree with every point but #2. a bag of hammers was what he hit the raiders with. the same 20-some carries would have yielded half the yards with mcgahee carrying because he can't YET wear down a defense. not that the bills "wore them out," but travis became more effective, for the most part, as the game wore on.

but whatever. as somebody said last week, i wouldn't care if they blew this team up and started over. it's just disgusting.

i agree with every point but #2.  a bag of hammers was what he hit the raiders with.  the same 20-some carries would have yielded half the yards with mcgahee carrying because he can't YET wear down a defense.  not that the bills "wore them out," but travis became more effective, for the most part, as the game wore on. 

but whatever.  as somebody said last week, i wouldn't care if they blew this team up and started over.  it's just disgusting.

37838[/snapback]

Gotta disagree my friend. If he was "hitting the raiders with hammers," they must have been rubber toys, and the blows were softened as he was falling on his dumb ass, deflecting a pass for an interception, and missing blocks.

If it is time for JP, it is also time for MaGahee.

We need to make some changes as the season moves on in order to compete with the top level NFL teams.

Actually I think we may be able to compete with top level NFL teams right now; the problem is that for now we can also compete with the Texans, Lions, etc because of the type of conservative game we're running.

That being said, I'm not done with this team yet. A rookie head coach whose first two games were vs the 2-0 Jags and out West in Oakland's home opener. Neither one of those is a walk and it took a handful of miracles for the Jags to "beat" us and a handful of penalties for the Raiders to sneak by us.

When you consider the fact that Sept is the toughest part of our schedule, and the fact we have a rookie headcoach and a team that should improve over the course of the year, and the fact that we can hang with anybody physically, I'm just not ready to chuck the towel in.

I agree p'offs are a long shot right now, but I'm still not interested in 2005 yet.

Cya

P.S. And I think this team is fun to watch: but it's not a '91Bills/'85Bears sort of fun, it's more of an OhioState we'regoingtogiveyouafreakinheartattackeveryweek sort of fun. And it'll be a lot funner when we get a couple W's under our belts and we can start to feel a little more confidence in the potential for a win in any given week.

Actually I think we may be able to compete with top level NFL teams right now; the problem is that for now we can also compete with the Texans, Lions, etc because of the type of conservative game we're running.

That being said, I'm not done with this team yet. A rookie head coach whose first two games were vs the 2-0 Jags and out West in Oakland's home opener. Neither one of those is a walk and it took a handful of miracles for the Jags to "beat" us and a handful of penalties for the Raiders to sneak by us.

When you consider the fact that Sept is the toughest part of our schedule, and the fact we have a rookie headcoach and a team that should improve over the course of the year, and the fact that we can hang with anybody physically, I'm just not ready to chuck the towel in.

I agree p'offs are a long shot right now, but I'm still not interested in 2005 yet.

Cya

P.S. And I think this team is fun to watch: but it's not a '91Bills/'85Bears sort of fun, it's more of an OhioState we'regoingtogiveyouafreakinheartattackeveryweek sort of fun. And it'll be a lot funner when we get a couple W's under our belts and we can start to feel a little more confidence in the potential for a win in any given week.

37921[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!!!

Or did Simon and I miss the press conference where Bills brass said anything short of 16-0 was a miserable failure? Get a grip folks, after 2 weeks this season is over?

And I think this team is fun to watch And it'll be a lot funner when we get a couple W's under our belts and we can start to feel a little more confidence in the potential for a win in any given week.

37921[/snapback]

I never give up. But unless Lazarus ( Bledsoe ) rises from the dead during the bye week, we must wait until Losman is under Center to see some offensive ability to make plays and score points. The excuses are done. The negatives far outweigh the positives with Bledsoe and Henry.

EXACTLY!!!!

Or did Simon and I miss the press conference where Bills brass said anything short of 16-0 was a miserable failure?  Get a grip folks, after 2 weeks this season is over?

37932[/snapback]

Last season, I heard the same "pie in the sky" philosophy regarding a Coaching change at the break. " Stay the course and be patient ! ", I was told. We finished 2-6 and looked putrid. Coach was fired anyhow.

The point isn't just to win a few games but to build towards making the playoffs and winning games in the post season. Patience ? It's 26 weeks and counting.

RIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGG ! Times up Drew...and that isn't your 4 second alarm clock with the broken snooze button. It's your career as a frontline NFL QB .

I never give up. But unless Lazarus ( Bledsoe ) rises from the dead during the bye week, we must wait until Losman is under Center to see some offensive ability to make plays and score points. The excuses are done. The negatives far outweigh the positives with Bledsoe and Henry.

37938[/snapback]

I agree, it's not over... BUT, I cannot lump Henry in with DB. DB is a SERIOUS problem right now. You cannot blame Henry for our troubles. Other teams have us figured out. Put 9 in the box and run blitz like crazy. You'll either stop the run quickly or you will get to DB, cuz he needs 4-5' of seperation from every receiver before he will throw them the ball. He is just too inaccurate to throw balls into tight coverage and waits too long for receivers to "get open." An NFL QB should not need that much seperation. If you have 6" on a defensive back in the NFL, you're open. DB just can't get them the ball. :D

There is a quote out there somewhere from a LB playing from a team that playe the Bills in preseason.

When asked about who the Bills should play, this LB said (paraphrasing) "It is CLEAR who the better back is. Henry and MaGahee arent even close right now. Id rather play against MaGahee ANY day of the week".

Henry is THE MAN right now.

EXACTLY!!!!

Or did Simon and I miss the press conference where Bills brass said anything short of 16-0 was a miserable failure?  Get a grip folks, after 2 weeks this season is over?

37932[/snapback]

yes it is. check the standings: we're already 2 games back of the jets and pats.

There is a quote out there somewhere from a LB playing from a team that playe the Bills in preseason.

When asked about who the Bills should play, this LB said (paraphrasing) "It is CLEAR who the better back is. Henry and MaGahee arent even close right now. Id rather play against MaGahee ANY day of the week".

Henry is THE MAN right now.

38013[/snapback]

Well, this "MAN" has averaged 3 yds. per carry or thereabout, dropped passes, batted another in the air for an int., missed blocks, gave up sacks, come up short on TDs and critical first downs, and slid all over the field like a fallen ice skater.

He is playing WORSE than Drew this season. It is time to see if another TD 1st round pick (WM) is a bust. My guess is that he is a far more complete back than Henry.

It is time for Travis Gump to sit on the bench.