Are the "Throwback" unis permanent?

seq004

I hope so. Our current duds are ugly and I love the "Throwbacks." I know the Bills tried to stay with them but the league said "No." Then I would think that we open and close next year with throwbacks. I really love them and would love to see the away unis with blue pants like in 1973.

I would like them also but perhaps with a slight change. Back in week one my girlfriend started to mock the grazing Buffalo, and it didn't bother me much because I liked it for historic reasons. I may not be old enough to have watched the Bills play in those uniforms but I'm a NFL history nut, and watched plenty of highlights with those uniforms on. I know the legends that put those uniforms on and how they brought Buffalo it's only championships.

That said the grazing Buffalo just doesn't offer much appeal to those that don't know Buffalo's history. Perhaps they could incorporate the more active Bills logo while keeping the uniforms, and look the same. I think the white helmet in this link would be a good starting point. Looks similar to the helmets the electric company used to dawn. I also think a slightly modified version of these would have more appeal to new fans.

Thoughts?

Edit: Maybe make the base of the Buffalo on the helmet red, with the middle streaking part of the logo white, and keep it large like it is in the link.

Would be nice if someone could ask TD in his "Ask the GM" thingy whether the team has petitioned to change to the throwback, or what the current plans are.

Response was overwhelmingly positive to the throwbacks and now that it's been so long since they were worn, they've faded from a lot of people's thoughts. I, for one, hope they sh--can the abortions they have now; I look at them and all they remind me of is GW, Bledsoe and TD.

The NFL has a rule where you have to notify the league two years in advance before changing your uniforms.

Supposedly the Bills have petitioned the league to waive that rule so that they can go to their throwbacks full time starting next season.

That's all we know for sure at this point. The NFL would be stupid not to let the Bills make the switch because the team is going to need to do something to help fan interest for next year and classic uniforms couldn't hurt. Then again, it is the No Fun League so they might be jerks about it.

The NFL has a rule where you have to notify the league two years in advance before changing your uniforms.

Supposedly the Bills have petitioned the league to waive that rule so that they can go to their throwbacks full time starting next season.

That's all we know for sure at this point.  The NFL would be stupid not to let the Bills make the switch because the team is going to need to do something to help fan interest for next year and classic uniforms couldn't hurt.  Then again, it is the No Fun League so they might be jerks about it.

527364[/snapback]

Nope, not two years. The league requires teams to submit changes by September of the previous year.

I'd like to know for sure whether TD did this.

Nope, not two years. The league requires teams to submit changes by September of the previous year.

527398[/snapback]

Correct, it's 1 year not two and that's why I believe the change starts next season.

527398[/snapback]

And, the petition in question was for Buffalo to wear them for the rest of this year, not next year.

The rule is that you can wear throwbacks for two scheduled games, and that either:

1) Because Tampa Bay chose to wear away unis in their home game vs. Buffalo, Buffalo

was given permission to wear the throwbacks there and not have it count as thier second game, or,

2) The Tampa game was Buffalo's second scheduled throwback game and Buffalo has petitioned the league again, only this time to wear them a third time for the Denver game, and got it.

Either way, I believe Buffalo is wearing them against Denver.

That's all we know for sure at this point.  The NFL would be stupid not to let the Bills make the switch because the team is going to need to do something to help fan interest for next year and classic uniforms couldn't hurt.  Then again, it is the No Fun League so they might be jerks about it.

527364[/snapback]

ive heard the same thing. we are trying to, but the league is making us follow the rules.