The last new real official scoop on Moulds

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mularkey claimed he'd "never used that word" (the word being "suspension").  Of course he never used that word, the media just guessed that Mularkey wanted to suspend Moulds and they happened to be right!

526852[/snapback]

Again, Mularkey said he never used that word, meaning in public, because he didn't. It got out that he wanted Moulds to be suspended. Someone had to know, the entire team knew, Moulds' agent knew, and someone had to tell the press. But it wasn't Mularkey. And when they hounded him about it, because Ralph hadn't come to town yet and there hadn't been a decision made about Moulds yet, Mularkey said, honestly, truthfully, rightly, "I never used that word". Because he hadn't.

Again, Mularkey said he never used that word, meaning in public, because he didn't. It got out that he wanted Moulds to be suspended. Someone had to know, the entire team knew, Moulds' agent knew, and someone had to tell the press. But it wasn't Mularkey. And when they hounded him about it, because Ralph hadn't come to town yet and there hadn't been a decision made about Moulds yet, Mularkey said, honestly, truthfully, rightly, "I never used that word". Because he hadn't.

526893[/snapback]

it wasnt just because he hadnt said it. just like his belief that hiding holcomb's gametime status til saturday would give him an advantage, he just felt his ego inflate by getting cute with the press by hiding the whole suspension.

it wasnt just because he hadnt said it. just like his belief that hiding holcomb's gametime status til saturday would give him an advantage, he just felt his ego inflate by getting cute with the press by hiding the whole suspension.

526895[/snapback]

Yep.
However, Moulds was not available to speak to the media, and Mularkey refused to divulge what was said in their conversation.

"That's internal, personal," Mularkey said. "Eric and I have had a good talk, and we'll keep it at that."

Just like his trick plays, very cute.