Everyone wanting Moulds out of Buffalo

1billsfan

TO and thats it???? How bout Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, TJ Housh, Roy Williams (when hes healthy), Randy Moss, Mushin Mohammad, Steve Smith, Chris Chambers ( mad.gif ), Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, and you know what I'll even throw Brandon Lloyd in there thats more productive than eric.

If I may?

I'm thinking Ray may have been referring to WR's who will actually be available this offseason. Anybody got a FA list to start with?

If I may?

I'm thinking Ray may have been referring to WR's who will actually be available this offseason. Anybody got a FA list to start with?

525805[/snapback]

The notables include Wayne, Givens, Randell-El, and Joe Jeravicious (sp?). Anything past that and your looking at a Veteran fill in, and if Moulds leaves we will need more then that to take his place.

Wayne might cost too many dimes, Givens strikes me as a system guy and we just drafted Roscoe Randel-El. I like former Nit Joe Jurevicius, he might be a nice fit as a possesion guy, a red-zone guy and a guy who can take away jump balls down the field.

Speaking of fomer Nit WR's, I imagine Bryant Johnson's rookie contract is about up, If he's a FA he might be interested in getting out of Fitzgerald and Boldin's very loooooooong shadows.

Lee Evans has more yardage and TDs this season than Moulds does as well.

525776[/snapback]

This is the same type of argument some people made in 2002 when Peerless had a breakout year. It just doesn't wash. I love Lee Evans but there's no guarantees as to how he'll do if/when HE is the focal point of the defense. As silent as Moulds might be in a given game, you can, without a doubt rest assured that stopping #80 is the top priority of every defense we've played against in the last 7 or 8 years. That's something that doesn't show up on a stat sheet, but is infinitely important to this team's success.

This is the same type of argument some people made in 2002 when Peerless had a breakout year. It just doesn't wash. I love Lee Evans but there's no guarantees as to how he'll do if/when HE is the focal point of the defense. As silent as Moulds might be in a given game, you can, without a doubt rest assured that stopping #80 is the top priority of every defense we've played against in the last 7 or 8 years. That's something that doesn't show up on a stat sheet, but is infinitely important to this team's success.

525863[/snapback]

I agree with your basic premise re: the coverages Moulds draws and the fact that Evans needs to show how productive he can be when he has to beat the second guy as well.

But I am compelled to add that Lee Evans is already 1000X the ballplayer that Price has ever been at any point in his career.

I agree with your basic premise re: the coverages Moulds draws and the fact that Evans needs to show how productive he can be when he has to beat the second guy as well.

But I am compelled to add that Lee Evans is already 1000X the ballplayer that Price has ever been at any point in his career.

525870[/snapback]

I'll buy that... like I said I love Lee Evans and think he is becoming a hell of a player. But, Moulds is a rare talent. His numbers haven't always shown it, but having had the privelage of watching him over the last 10 years, leads me to believe that Evans could turn out to be a very good WR and never come close to the threat that Moulds poses. Moulds has a rare combination of speed, size, strength, aggressiveness and just plays "nasty" for lack of a better word. As much as the comparisons have been drawn to Harrison's situation, I'll point it out again... had Moulds been drafted by Indy, the Good Lord only knows the kind of numbers he would've put up.

Thanks ........ but no thanks

I am suspending myself from being a Bills fan for one week without pay ....... I've been a Bills fan from the beginning, through thick and thin ...... but I need a break ..... this week I'm rooting for another team.

525484[/snapback]

not a bad idea! I second that also!

..... this week I'm rooting for another team.

525484[/snapback]

Well, I'll be rooting for the Bills against the Patriots.

Yeah, it's tough times right now, but why bail? even for a week?

I guess "I'm a Bills fan through thick and thin" doesn't apply to you.

To each his own I guess.

Well, I'll be rooting for the Bills against the Patriots.

Yeah, it's tough times right now, but why bail? even for a week?

I guess "I'm a Bills fan through thick and thin" doesn't apply to you.

To each his own I guess.

525894[/snapback]

I'm with you WG. The guys are coming over for the game on Sunday. My wife will help me get ready for the game and my daughter is home from college. :pirate:

Take a week off from caring about a Bills game?

Not until they leave town or I am dead.

Not easy to find a WR anywhee near the caliber of player of Moulds.  If you can it's TO.  Also, you cut Moulds and pay another receiver 3M and end up saving a couple million on the cap, and that is what you would have saved by renegotiating his contract.  You still have a WR in Moulds that is consistently double teamed, when he is not he gets open, and he is still productive.  Keep him and renegotiate his contract.  It's actually as cheap and better.

525630[/snapback]

agreed - I can't believe anybody who is thinking really wants Moulds off of this team - fire the lame ass coach in inept GM - has anyone ever considered his behavior might be the response to some horrible managing by the staff - this is a fiasco...