R.I.P. Bud Carson

Rico

Link

Not only the DC for those great Steelers teams, but also got the win in the infamous Ronnie Harmon playoff game. B-)

523642[/snapback]

which of course brings me to my next two points:

1) When all else fails, and you can't feel any worse about your Buffalo Bills, just remember Ronnie Harmon!

2) Germans love David Hasselhoff.

I saw Carson's last game as Cleveland's head coach. I went on a Sunday/MNF trip that started in Cleveland where the Bills destroyed the Browns in their own stadium & by the time I got to Indianapolis for the Giants/Colts MNF game, Carson was fired.

I saw Carson's last game as Cleveland's head coach.  I went on a Sunday/MNF trip that started in Cleveland where the Bills destroyed the Browns in their own stadium & by the time I got to Indianapolis for the Giants/Colts MNF game, Carson was fired.

523669[/snapback]

Was that the 42-0 game? If so, I didn't know/forgot that was his last game, what a butt-kicking, B-) ...oh, sorry Bud. :doh:

I saw Carson's last game as Cleveland's head coach.  I went on a Sunday/MNF trip that started in Cleveland where the Bills destroyed the Browns in their own stadium & by the time I got to Indianapolis for the Giants/Colts MNF game, Carson was fired.

523669[/snapback]

Didn't he have a 3-13 record or somethign like that there?

I konw they were terrible that year. Or was that the half-season when Shotty was fired?

It all blends together.

Was that the 42-0 game? If so, I didn't know/forgot that was his last game, what a butt-kicking, :D ...oh, sorry Bud. :(

523682[/snapback]

That was. God, what a horrid weekend. I had a close friend that was killed in Indiana the prior weekend and I was home for his wake. I was a senior in college at the time.

I remember the playoff game...I was really gripping down the stretch -- in fact, I turned the TV off, so I never saw Matthews' interception. But I remember Ronnie Harmon dropping the ball. :devil:

R.I.P, Bud.

Mike

RIP Bud. You do have to be very good just to get an NFL gig.

I remember the 42-0 drubbing that was Bud's last game. Nothing more he could do with that team.

I also remember tossing the phone across the room after Ronnie Harmon dropped that pass that was right in his hands, in the end zone, that would have won the game and potentially, could have gotten the Bills into their first SB.

What was worse? Norwood's miss or Harmon's drop. I say Harmon's drop only because it was a catchable pass and winning that game could have led to so much more. As for magnitude of importance, clearly Norwood's kick which was no gimme.

Didn't he have a 3-13 record or somethign like that there?

I konw they were terrible that year.  Or was that the half-season when Shotty was fired?

It all blends together.

523733[/snapback]

That year (1990), the Browns crashed and burned with a 3-13 record. Bud Carson was fired after the 42-0 loss to the Bills. The Browns' record at that point was 2-7.

Schottenheimer "parted ways" with Art Modell and the Browns three days after losing a wildcard playoff game to the Houston Oilers in 1988. Counting the playoff loss, the Browns were 10-7 that year.

You can consult me on matters of Cleveland Browns history. :devil:

Mike

If only Kelly had thrown the ball sooner.  Ronnie was wide open......

524067[/snapback]

Asswipe! :devil:

I remember Ronnie spouting that stuff after letting a perfectly thrown ball slide off of his hands. Plenz is right, there have been many suspicions about that catch...er...drop once it was revealed he took all that cash and fumbled away the bowl game. Good old Ronnie was a terrific player...and now there's a big cloud over his head, AFAIC.