It will be depressing if no moves made

jahnyc

Assuming TD and MM stay, which I believe is more than likely, then I am expecting that the Bills will be active in the free agent market. With the possibility of losing players to free agency (Clements and Denney) and waiving other players (Moulds, Williams and Adams), it is imperative that the owner and GM of this team provide us with hope that the team can and will be improved. As a fan, this is the bare minimum that will be acceptable this offseason.

I want to see the team acquire free agents that can contribute immediately and be upgrades over the players that are currently playing these positions. I also want draft picks that are healthy and can contribute next year.

This offseason, I don't want flash and splash. I want production and results in free agent acquisitions, draft picks and assistant coaching changes. Fix the oline, find some talented DTs, and find some young safety talent. Just do it.

I want to see the team acquire free agents that can contribute immediately and be upgrades over the players that are currently playing these positions.

517478[/snapback]

Can you name any?

Assuming TD and MM stay, which I believe is more than likely, then I am expecting that the Bills will be active in the free agent market.  With the possibility of losing players to free agency (Clements and Denney) and waiving other players (Moulds, Williams and Adams), it is imperative that the owner and GM of this team provide us with hope that the team can and will be improved.  As a fan, this is the bare minimum that will be acceptable this offseason.

I want to see the team acquire free agents that can contribute immediately and be upgrades over the players that are currently playing these positions.  I also want draft picks that are healthy and can contribute next year.

This offseason, I don't want flash and splash.  I want production and results in free agent acquisitions, draft picks and assistant coaching changes.  Fix the oline, find some talented DTs, and find some young safety talent.  Just do it.

517478[/snapback]

Actually, I think it will be just as depressing if moves are made, because

they will probably be the wrong ones.

0:)

Actually, I think it will be just as depressing if moves are made, because

they will probably be the wrong ones.

0:)

517508[/snapback]

This will likely be TD's toughest offseason to date. He's expected to fix and plug a lot of holes this off-season. I just can't imagine him pulling it off. Not because of his history or anything but he really has a lot of decisions to make regarding our possible free agents and restructuring of contracts or cutting them (Moulds, Adams etc) and add in the fact he has to bring in some new life to both lines! Don't forget the possibility of hold-outs and coaching replacements and I'm thinking this is going to be a very interesting off-season.

But we're not the only team who has work to do. There are plenty of average teams out there probably saying the same stuff!

Not sure that they will not be re-signed before free agency begins, but Bentley and/or Hutchinson would be a start.

517501[/snapback]

I think we know that Hutchinson is going to be tough to get, Seattle will want to keep him. Bentley might be more of a realistic possibility. Then in the draft we can take a LT in the first or second round of the draft.

I think we know that Hutchinson is going to be tough to get, Seattle will want to keep him.  Bentley might be more of a realistic possibility.  Then in the draft we can take a LT in the first or second round of the draft.

517730[/snapback]

These guys do have a say in where they end up playing, correct? I'm just curious as to what the selling points on this team will be. I guess we could always take the "give 'em whatever they want" approach that made the late John Butler such a beloved GM when he was here.

All you need to do is see who Pittsburgh has on the waiver wire.

That should give you a good idea on where or what we will pick up

517525[/snapback]

That is NOT True though...Last year two linemen from the Steelers

Starting OL (that took the team to a 15-1 record) were available

via Free Agency.....Oliver Ross starting RT was signed by Arizona

and was injured after game 4 (and sucked in the 1st four games).

Keydrick Vincent signed as te starting Right Guard for the

Baltimore Ravens..and their record speaks for themselves....In

Hindsight I don't think we miss either of those FAs.

I think we know that Hutchinson is going to be tough to get, Seattle will want to keep him.  Bentley might be more of a realistic possibility.  Then in the draft we can take a LT in the first or second round of the draft.

517730[/snapback]

So really do you trust a rookie LT to come in next year to start and block the blindside for JP? I know everybody assumes Gandy sucks because he was suppose to suck; I guess if he has that bad game in the next few weeks a few naysayers will say I told you that he sucked all along. But so far Gandy, while not elite has been pretty solid for us this season. There are plenty of teams with way worse options at LT than Gandy but are solid at other OL positions. The inside of the line has been our problem as we have allowed too much pressure up the middle. I think once we shore this spot up by however means then our offense will be alright if JP continues to develop as our skill positions are set. I think the biggest setback of this team was MW injury problems as he was our best run blocker and as a result our running game has suffered and I don't agree with the mid season shuffle of moving him to guard. As far as the draft does, I'd like to see a stud DT or pass rushing end added, that is is Clemens is resigned. If he is not then that should be our main priority for the other DBS behind him will not get the job done next year no doubt!

Assuming TD and MM stay, which I believe is more than likely, then I am expecting that the Bills will be active in the free agent market.  With the possibility of losing players to free agency (Clements and Denney) and waiving other players (Moulds, Williams and Adams), it is imperative that the owner and GM of this team provide us with hope that the team can and will be improved.  As a fan, this is the bare minimum that will be acceptable this offseason.

I want to see the team acquire free agents that can contribute immediately and be upgrades over the players that are currently playing these positions.  I also want draft picks that are healthy and can contribute next year.

This offseason, I don't want flash and splash.  I want production and results in free agent acquisitions, draft picks and assistant coaching changes.  Fix the oline, find some talented DTs, and find some young safety talent.  Just do it.

517478[/snapback]

Thats all well and good, but we don't know if that is going to be the case. Look at the last few years of free agency, who was actually available at the positions we needed? DT, OL mainly. There haven't been that many, TD did the best he could with what was available and the salary cap room he had by signing Villareal gandy and anderson. gandy has been suitable, but not outstanding, the guards, well anderson isnt much but villareal(sp), has been solid.

If we let go of Moulds, williams clements and adams, we have to expect that this team goes young by drafting OL and DL. Hopefully someone like thomas greer or king can step in at CB r maybe find a somewhat suitable replacement in free agency, but again, who's available? I've heard quite a few "experts" say this, but I think it holds true, good teams are built in the middle of the field. QB, FB, HB, OL, DL, MLB and SS. We have 5 of those positions now, but we need the DL and OL to be reinforced. we know that though.

I don't agree that TD did the best he could under the circumstances. Anderson and Gandy are better suited as back-ups and I am not sure whether Villarail has performed as expected. There are team over the past few years that have made signficant improvements to various positions, including the o-line. For example, the NY Giants have upgraded their line through draft picks (Snee) and free agent acquisitions (O'Hara and McKenzie). I don't think we have devoted the resources necessary to upgrade this position.

What frustrated me last offseason was watching two solid players depart without acquiring suitable replacements. I did not believe that we had replacements on the roster, and this now seems to the case. Maybe there were no adequate replacements available through the draft or free agency, but this offseason we face the prospect of losing Clements, Teague and Moulds. As with last year, I don't think we have adequate replacements for these players on the current roster.