White House Fact Sheet

The last election was last November. The new budget cycle only started a few weeks ago, and I am not even sure all budgets have been passed and approved yet. Might want to go research that, since it isn't on the medias "radar", my bet is they did up funding and it would make Bush look good if they did, so the media will not tell you the facts.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were near your parts, I'd disappear too.

517901[/snapback]

I don't even want you to think about the subject.

I thought that was a Darin-Bill-Eryn kind of thing, and we were just encouraging them for when they really got that drunk.

It was your idea to buy the real movie guy techno stuff, instead of doing the home video crap.

In the last election, the only one I heard say anything about properly funding the VA, etc. was Kerry.

517906[/snapback]

Well, he was in a position to actually DO something about it, but failed. Remember, Congress controls the money, not the President. Talk is cheap.

To nail it down even further, it's the House controls the money, primarily.

517927[/snapback]

Has anybody seen a Veto? Ahhh, there was a time when Reagan would veto bad spending bills..... I remember this from childhood.

Uh, is that your comma?

They approve it, they don't control it.

517929[/snapback]

Thought that all spending bills and items must originate in the House. The Senate gets their suggestions and agreements in, and then there's the final compromise bill.

So the House decides how many cookies to take out of the jar, and while the Senate can say 'We need more cookies over here' it's up to the House to decide if they want to take out any more cookies. Sorry, I know you all hate analogies over here that aren't apples-to-apples, just I haven't had lunch yet. And it's Friday. And I've got that last box of Thin Mints up in my cupboard....

Has anybody seen a Veto? Ahhh, there was a time when Reagan would veto bad spending bills..... I remember this from childhood.

517933[/snapback]

Been a long time since a pol voted against something just b/c it was bad policy or spending. Now it goes, "Ooo. The Log-Cabin Republicans are voting for it; I'll vote against it." Blocs are great, don't you know?

Thought that all spending bills and items must originate in the House. The Senate gets their suggestions and agreements in, and then there's the final compromise bill.

So the House decides how many cookies to take out of the jar, and while the Senate can say 'We need more cookies over here' it's up to the House to decide if they want to take out any more cookies. Sorry, I know you all hate analogies over here that aren't apples-to-apples, just I haven't had lunch yet. And it's Friday. And I've got that last box of Thin Mints up in my cupboard....

Been a long time since a pol voted against something just b/c it was bad policy or spending. Now it goes, "Ooo. The Log-Cabin Republicans are voting for it; I'll vote against it." Blocs are great, don't you know?

517957[/snapback]

From the Senate website:

The Senate Committee on the Budget was established in 1974 by the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act. Along with the House Budget Committee, it is responsible for drafting Congress' annual budget plan and monitoring action on the budget for the Federal Government. In addition, the Budget Committee has jurisdiction over the operation of the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

Linky

The most powerful committee in the Congress is the Senate Finance. Period.

Oh, and John Kerry has been a disaster as a Senator. He has neither proposed, nor co-sponsored ANY meaningful legislation regarding veteran's benefits in his nearly 22 years on the Hill.

He has also voted against a Balanced Budget Amendment no less than five times.

Changing the President wouldn't fix anything because the problems are a lot larger than any one man.

He has neither proposed, nor co-sponsored ANY meaningful legislation regarding veteran's benefits in his nearly 22 years on the Hill.

517974[/snapback]

...but he talked about it on the campaign trail. Isn't that enough?

He had a plan. But for the good of the Country, he kept it to himself, for over 20 years in the Senate.

517987[/snapback]

...and he seems to be continuing to keep it to himself. All talk...no action...

Clinton shut down the government in a pissing match with Congress over the budget (okay, technically Clinton AND Congress shut it down).  Does that count?

518041[/snapback]

That's right, but frankly I'm a little scared to mention Clinton around here.

People could get the wrong idea and accuse me of man-love stuff, and it could turn into a baseball argument.

http://vocusgr.vocus.com/GRSPACE2/webpub/r...XSL=ProfileBill

Bush examples?  I didn't raise this as a democrat republican issue but isn't it funny how quickly the issue got away from the crappy treatment vets are receiveing into a who shot john argument?

521017[/snapback]

<_< You're really a piece of work. You make a statement, I ask you to back it up, and you B word I'm being partisan.

And you back it up from a bull sh-- site, as well. That's the best site you can find on federal legislative issues? No wonder you have no clue...