The 2001 Draft

EDinRTP

I like to look back at drafts & see who panned out and who didn't. 2001 was a classic & I'll always be greatful the Fish passed on Drew Brees in the first round.

The Bills were sitting @ #14 and I was keeping my fingers crossed they would pick offensive lineman Steve Hutchinson. Well, they traded down to #21 & picked Nate Clemens and also landed Travis Henry with the pick the Bucs threw in...not bad.

But today when I see Hutchinson opening holes for Shaun Alexander I wish he was a Bill and Willis was running through that hole.

I like to look back at drafts & see who panned out and who didn't.  2001 was a classic & I'll always be greatful the Fish passed on Drew Brees in the first round.

The Bills were sitting @ #14 and I was keeping my fingers crossed they would pick offensive lineman Steve Hutchinson.  Well, they traded down to #21 & picked Nate Clemens and also landed Travis Henry with the pick the Bucs threw in...not bad.

But today when I see Hutchinson opening holes for Shaun Alexander I wish he was a Bill and Willis was running through that hole.

514936[/snapback]

Hutchinson is a UFA this spring.

I like to look back at drafts & see who panned out and who didn't.  2001 was a classic & I'll always be greatful the Fish passed on Drew Brees in the first round.

The Bills were sitting @ #14 and I was keeping my fingers crossed they would pick offensive lineman Steve Hutchinson.  Well, they traded down to #21 & picked Nate Clemens and also landed Travis Henry with the pick the Bucs threw in...not bad.

514936[/snapback]

If we were going to pick anyone it would have been Kenyatta Walker.

If we were going to pick anyone it would have been Kenyatta Walker.

514967[/snapback]

I was calling for us to take Hutchinson at the time as thought there'd be no way Walker would had fallen to us. Then he did and we passed on him I was screaming at the TV. In retrospect Donahoe proved why he's an NFL GM.

514936[/snapback]

The tackle we coveted in 2001 was Kenyatta Walker, though he was still on the board when we traded the pick to Tampa Bay, who picked him. If Marcus Stroud hadn't gone one pick earlier douby we would have traded down.

The tackle we coveted in 2001 was Kenyatta Walker, though he was still on the board when we traded the pick to Tampa Bay, who picked him.  If Marcus Stroud hadn't gone one pick earlier douby we would have traded down.

514975[/snapback]

stroud and henderson (who i wanted us to take if peppers wasn't there with the 4th in 02) were 2 players i always liked. the jerkwires got them both too, bastards!

i really wonder how good leftiwch is on that team, they have weapons and a great D, but their o has pretty much sucked.

i think there back up is good tho (for a #2)