Rock and Roll hall of fame

Geo in Pa

Black Sabbath has been nominated something like eight times and still isn't in.

I'm not sure Alice Cooper has even been nominated (and that's a shame).

Anyone here ever been to the Rock Hall? I've been there twice...some say it's overrated, but I find it very fascinating and have considered joining so I can get cheap admission.

Mike

Anyone here ever been to the Rock Hall?  I've been there twice...some say it's overrated, but I find it very fascinating and have considered joining so I can get cheap admission.

514718[/snapback]

Never been there, but I hear that it's a difficult place to find exhibits in. More than a few reports from people who've expressly tried to find the Jeff Buckley display case (I've seen a picture of it online w/ his guitar, jacket and notebooks, so it does exist) and came away empty. What kind of location system do they have there? Koisks with the classic "You Are Here" and an orange dot?

"Freebird? Stairway to Freebird? I'm still alive with my Freebird?"

Skynyrd wasn't inducted until just recently? My dad had a big mirror with "Lynyrd Skynyrd" painted on it in pyschadelic-colored balloon font. Anyone who has one of those in their name should automatically be in the RnRHOF. :D

Never been there, but I hear that it's a difficult place to find exhibits in. More than a few reports from people who've expressly tried to find the Jeff Buckley display case (I've seen a picture of it online w/ his guitar, jacket and notebooks, so it does exist) and came away empty. What kind of location system do they have there? Koisks with the classic "You Are Here" and an orange dot?

"Freebird? Stairway to Freebird? I'm still alive with my Freebird?"

Skynyrd wasn't inducted until just recently? My dad had a big mirror with "Lynyrd Skynyrd" painted on it in pyschadelic-colored balloon font. Anyone who has one of those in their name should automatically be in the RnRHOF. :(

515157[/snapback]

Play Freebird! :D

Seriously, it's been said that the Rock Hall has only inducted Friends of Jann Werner. So maybe that's why Black Sabbath and Rush aren't in.

Mike

Nirvana....They changed the landscape of rock. How can they not be in?

Alice in Chains....Llayne's voice is next to nothing

Metallica......been doing it for ages

Nine Inch Nails....industrial metal most distinguished band

515375[/snapback]

The main eligibility requirement is 25 years after the first recording.

Of the four you listed, Metallica is eligible first (maybe in the next two or three years). The others are eligible in about seven to nine years.

Mike

The main eligibility requirement is 25 years after the first recording.

515389[/snapback]

With those kinds of induction requirements, I can see why they're pacing it out a bit and leaving out some of the bigger names that should-be-in-but-are-not. It's so they have someone left to induct next year, five years, ten years later. Lasting, good r'n'r groups don't come around all that often.

25 Years? C'mon, I'm almost 30, does that mean Nirvana isn't eligible until I'm almost 45 years old? Talk about not being able to reach a younger crowd. To me, 10 to 15 years is more than enough to make a decision whether or not a band belongs in the hall.