Sabres BARELY Hold On

Alaska Darin

Better value than the Sunday ticket, IMO.  I should have gone for Center Ice instead, especially given this season's results for the Bills and Sabres.  Ah well, I probably would have just gone to the bar and spent more to watch the Bills games.

516661[/snapback]

Agreed, I have been loving my center ice pack so far, though I keep forgetting to TIVO coaches corner...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I have been loving my center ice pack so far, though I keep forgetting to TIVO coaches corner...

516671[/snapback]

I have been watching some OLN on Direct TV. The coverage is a bit amateurish at times, but improving. What I have noticed is that all the games are interesting, unlike two years ago when I only had time for the Sabres.

Yes, he is the biggest guy on that line.  Max and Roy are both better skaters than Vanek is, so he should be the one working in the corners, getting it to them in open ice, then getting himself open for a feed.  Thats what power forwards do, and that is what Vanek needs to do to be successful on that line.

516645[/snapback]

Or, they shouldn't be together. Which makes ALOT more sense.

Or, they shouldn't be together.  Which makes ALOT more sense.

516689[/snapback]

I think it is obvious that we would see an obvious upgrade in Vanek's play if we switched uni's back to the blue and gold.

It is depressing to watch us play teams like Montreal and Toronto, who haven't made any major changes to their uniforms in over 50 years, while we skate around with a horned goat head on our jersey and wearing black (or even worse, red!!!)

I had a slight tear in my eye when I saw the Sabres coming out of the locker room on Danny Gare night wearing the old home jersey...I thought they were going to wear them for at least that game....unfortunately they all had #18 on and it was just for the ceremony. It was obvious what Gare thinks, as he made a point to mention "You guys sure look good in that uniform." Sporadic clapping ensued from the dozens in attendance. :doh:

I think it is obvious that we would see an obvious upgrade in Vanek's play if we switched uni's back to the blue and gold.

It is depressing to watch us play teams like Montreal and Toronto, who haven't made any major changes to their uniforms in over 50 years, while we skate around with a horned goat head on our jersey and wearing black (or even worse, red!!!) 

I had a slight tear in my eye when I saw the Sabres coming out of the locker room on Danny Gare night wearing the old home jersey...I thought they were going to wear them for at least that game....unfortunately they all had #18 on and it was just for the ceremony.  It was obvious what Gare thinks, as he made a point to mention "You guys sure look good in that uniform."  Sporadic clapping ensued from the dozens in attendance.  :doh:

516763[/snapback]

I hate the Goat's head and the color scheme. Blue and Gold forever.

I hate the Goat's head and the color scheme. Blue and Gold forever.

516771[/snapback]

They did blow it though. Danny Gare night they should have played in the Blue and Gold. It should have been a no-brainer. Danny Gare was always much too modest to ask for something like that, but you know he would have wanted it.