Sabres BARELY Hold On

Alaska Darin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington took about 42 shots in the last 45 seconds but somehow all of them stay out of the net.

Jochen Hecht with a clutch shorty to win it 3-2.  Huge.

513742[/snapback]

Ugly last minute, but a road win is always a pretty win.

Not griping about it in the least.  Ovechkin is really something to watch.  Would have been nice to get him in the draft.

513757[/snapback]

This was a tired Capital's team. I watched them play last night against the Rangers and they were sluggish. I have to say, I didn't think Darcy had a good off season, but I am starting to think they did get the team they wanted.

This was a tired Capital's team. I watched them play last night against the Rangers and they were sluggish. I have to say, I didn't think Darcy had a good off season, but I am starting to think they did get the team they wanted.

513758[/snapback]

These rule changes have been rumored for years. I'm not going to give Darcy a ton of credit but he certainly has the team in a nice position for this season with a ton of cap room available for next off season. He's always like guys who can skate (kind of the anti-Booby Clarke mentality) and it's paying dividends now.

I really hope they can keep this up. The injuries are really adding up.

These rule changes have been rumored for years.  I'm not going to give Darcy a ton of credit but he certainly has the team in a nice position for this season with a ton of cap room available for next off season.  He's always like guys who can skate (kind of the anti-Booby Clarke mentality) and it's paying dividends now.

I really hope they can keep this up.  The injuries are really adding up.

513765[/snapback]

They are showing depth at every level (goaltending, defense, power play).

This is looking like an early 80's Scotty Bowman team. (no surprise because

Lindy was on those teams) They will have 8-10 twenty goal scorers, and balance on all lines without the superstars. I can buy into that idea. (just give me number 11 back. )

by the way briere was talking with RJ and lorentz, it will be a while till we see him back. I can deal with the goaltender situation, because noronen is almost healthy, and miller isn't far behind him. great game today by the sabres completely erases the bad feeling i had about the bills game.

These rule changes have been rumored for years.  I'm not going to give Darcy a ton of credit but he certainly has the team in a nice position for this season with a ton of cap room available for next off season.  He's always like guys who can skate (kind of the anti-Booby Clarke mentality) and it's paying dividends now.

I really hope they can keep this up.  The injuries are really adding up.

513765[/snapback]

AD, i think they have a ton of cap room for THIS year. Think you will see some preety good players available at the trade deadline. It will be interesting to see if they are somewhere in the 5-8 seed if they will be willing to spend the cash for a run this year. Course, thats all dependant on not running into the Senators :blink:

AD, i think they have a ton of cap room for THIS year. Think you will see some preety good players available at the trade deadline. It will be interesting to see if they are somewhere in the 5-8 seed if they will be willing to spend the cash for a run this year. Course, thats all dependant on not running into the Senators :rolleyes:

514286[/snapback]

Unless a lot of things change (and of course, they can), the road to the Cup for every other team is going to end with the Senators. They are having a first half like I've never seen. 4.8 goals a game!?!? Unreal!

Unless a lot of things change (and of course, they can), the road to the Cup for every other team is going to end with the Senators.  They are having a first half like I've never seen.  4.8 goals a game!?!?  Unreal!

515529[/snapback]

The need some serious injuries to disrupt what they have going.

And Hasek is looking like his old self.

The need some serious injuries to disrupt what they have going.

And Hasek is looking like his old self.

515542[/snapback]

It's a long season. I remember not so long ago when the Detroit Red Wings blistered their way through the regular season, only to lose in seven games to the upstart San Jose Sharks. It's one of the things that makes hockey great.

It's a long season.  I remember not so long ago when the Detroit Red Wings blistered their way through the regular season, only to lose in seven games to the upstart San Jose Sharks.  It's one of the things that makes hockey great.

516034[/snapback]

I agree but Ottawa may the deepest team talent wise and they have the wiley Hasek in net.

7-0-1 now with a win over Pittsburgh.  Kotalik with the clutch game winner in the third.  Yeah, baby!

516060[/snapback]

Kotalik will be good for 30-35 goals this year.....Sabres are looking good!!!!!

I love the 4th line with Gaustad and Roy as well....GW would have loved Gaustad of he was a hockey coach....has a high motor :doh:

Absolutely...and the new rules have really helped him develop as well.

Also seems Connolly is starting to turn the corner as well.

516071[/snapback]

Connolly has always had skills but he can't deal with the physical "clutch and grab" game. He simply curls up into the fetal position. I think the season off really helped motivate him.